• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There won't be any neighborhoods where I buy land, just lots of woods around me and a long driveway with plenty of warning signs reminding those entering they better know me personally!
    On the driveway. They did a nice job on my road that goes back into the land. It's not straight it winds back and forth to make it where you can not see in. Neat idea.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Holmes County is where we bought our 40 acres, if you found 40 for sale there for 80k you better look at it close because I am betting it's a lot of swamp!

40 acres with 214' of road frontage, doesn't look swampy from what I can tell using Google Earth. Nevermind anyways, under contract now!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Likely many folks are trying to find something to buy before rates get any higher. For those of you that are going to pay cash, be patient this market will crash ,I’ve watched realtors and bankers do this before, when they cause it to crash , they will pickup all the super good deals(them and their investment buddies) but there will be still be some outstanding deals on land and houses that a man with cash can pickup. A word of advice , make sure that your offer is getting to the lender that holds lien on the property, I put in a offer three times that never got submitted to the lender, I would have never found out about it , but changed the realtor and realtor company I had been using. The lender can’t accept your offer if they aren’t aware of it. Toward the end of the last big foreclosure sell off some banks started requiring that offers be submitted to the Home office. I guess they figured out what was going on .

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's a property off a main highway bordering water management property close to the Choctawhatchee river, worth a look to see swampy area compared to good dry land if you want to build with a well maintained access road, just priced way too high right now.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's a property off a main highway bordering water management property close to the Choctawhatchee river, worth a look to see swampy area compared to good dry land if you want to build with a well maintained access road, just priced way too high right now.

Yup, the price of land has gone way up. Used to be that you could get decent land for $1000 and acre - not even close anymore.

nrajeeper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have been looking as well. Prices are pretty ridiculous in most of Florida. Seems the best prices have been in the Live Oak area. I have family in Manatee County and the land prices there are way high as well.

Considering the cost of home-owners insurance in Florida, other states have been looking better - KY, TN or the Carolinas... maybe TX.

Or will just live in this Navarre house another 20yrs

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Another thing to consider is there power near it if not big $$$ to get it run to you, like 40k.

If that's the case I'll go solar, most likely that is what I'll do anyways. I already have a solar panel on the roof of my truck to charge the lithium battery that feeds the 12V fridge/freezer in the back of my truck!

My oldest son is moving to Birmingham so I might take a look at land in Alabama. A lot is up in the air on where we'll be when we retire, have one more son to get thru high school and college.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    We found 34ac totally randomly. Driving down CR182 saw a realtors sign for it. Wasn't listed anywhere online. The lot belonged to the realtors hubby and he was just sitting on it for a rainy day. He liked my kids excitement about the lot and got a bit nostalgic I guess. We worked a good deal and closed in 30 days. All because of a small realtors sign on the side of the road.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We found 34ac totally randomly. Driving down CR182 saw a realtors sign for it. Wasn't listed anywhere online. The lot belonged to the realtors hubby and he was just sitting on it for a rainy day. He liked my kids excitement about the lot and got a bit nostalgic I guess. We worked a good deal and closed in 30 days. All because of a small realtors sign on the side of the road.
    I've been thinking about this too, traveling back and forth to hunting camps in Alabama and Mississippi over the years I've always seen property for sale signs along the rural roads. With what you just told me I think I'll start doing doing drives in the country in the areas I'd like to find land, thanks for the idea!

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been thinking about this too, traveling back and forth to hunting camps in Alabama and Mississippi over the years I've always seen property for sale signs along the rural roads. With what you just told me I think I'll start doing doing drives in the country in the areas I'd like to find land, thanks for the idea!

Drives in the country? At the price of gas today? It won't take any time before you have thousands invested in that search.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Drives in the country? At the price of gas today? It won't take any time before you have thousands invested in that search.
    I probably won't start doing that until after Labor Day, my guess prices will go down a bit more by then, especially with the elections coming up this November. The Democrats are going to do everything they can to get a win but I don't think it will really change peoples mind, the Republicans should regain majority in both sides of congress!

Top Bottom