• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Long story short, we sold our house in a waterfront neighborhood near the Sound, paid off all our debt, and now have a decent chunk of cash to buy some land out in the country. I retire in about 10 years and don't want to live in the city after that. I have searches setup for Okaloosa and Walton counties on www.landwatch.com but am looking for other search sites if you know of any. Having any leads on land that might not be on the market per say but know the owner wants to sell it?

I'd like this to be a general thread anybody searching for land can use to get information from, if it could be made a sticky that would be great. I know the market is high right now but with interest rates going up prices should start to go down. Open to any ideas for finding land so if you have some good ones you want to share please do!

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Check realtor.com and Zillow.com

Also

Look at the realtors who are listing land similar to what you are looking for and call them.

Once you find something go to the closest supermarket and spend an hour or two looking at the people - those are your neighbors. Make sure it is somewhere you want to live.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I’d keep on eye on FB marketplace too, some people list some FSBO parcels that aren’t on MLS. I also look on LoopNet and other commercial real estate sites, since some land parcels are listed on commercial sites instead of mls.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yes they are, that is why I started this thread. I figure there are at least a few of us looking and soon prices should start to drop with the increase in interest rates.
    Only problem is I'm going to sell my current home to bankroll the next!! Have offers but can't find a spot to buy.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We sold and moved into a rental townhouse so we would be ready when something did come available at a decent price. I also took a class on Tax Liens and Deeds and need to get spun up looking there too now with the market turning do to the higher interest rates.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I found some riverfront property about 10 years ago through bruce naylor in defuniak springs. You might want to check his website

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    if you dont mind alligators, moccasins, forest fires, sandy soil and high water tables the area around me is rife with "land for sale" signs. south of I-10 in the garcon point/robinson point area. cant speak to the prices. if you got deep pockets the Golden Ranch was for sale.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    We were looking about a year ago. My wife checked several sites every morning looking at new listings. We looked at a few properties and were just being patient. A new listing popped up on Friday afternoon, we looked at it on Saturday. Sellers agent was the worst realtor I have ever worked with and stacked showings so there were other people there looking at it at the same time we were. After looking at it we determined she didn't know what she was doing and it was listed way under market value. We put in a full price offer an hour after looking at it and had a signed contract that evening. Deals are out there but you have to be patient and be ready to pounce when one pops up. Our purchase was 40 acres north of Bonifay with a 3k Sq ft house, attached garage, detached garage and 24x42 pole barn.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Check realtor.com and Zillow.com

Also

Look at the realtors who are listing land similar to what you are looking for and call them.

Once you find something go to the closest supermarket and spend an hour or two looking at the people - those are your neighbors. Make sure it is somewhere you want to live.
    Also look for the nearest Publix. You won't find Publix stores in any sketchy neighborhoods. They do a LOT of research into the area before building a store there!
    Good luck!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The farm I bought wasn’t listed for sale any where,I let it be known that I was looking in a couple of places for a track of land and wasn’t in a hurry . I made a deal about 20 months later, but didn’t close till some time after that. It was worth the wait to get what I wanted.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Long story short, we sold our house in a waterfront neighborhood near the Sound, paid off all our debt, and now have a decent chunk of cash to buy some land out in the country. I retire in about 10 years and don't want to live in the city after that. I have searches setup for Okaloosa and Walton counties on www.landwatch.com but am looking for other search sites if you know of any. Having any leads on land that might not be on the market per say but know the owner wants to sell it?

I'd like this to be a general thread anybody searching for land can use to get information from, if it could be made a sticky that would be great. I know the market is high right now but with interest rates going up prices should start to go down. Open to any ideas for finding land so if you have some good ones you want to share please do!
    I bought about 21 acres up in Allentown. I found the first lot on Craiglists. This was back when land and housing was cheap. I then bought the lot next to it from the owners that also bought it to build and then changed there mind. The last two lots in the front were never sold and still owned by the original investors. I became good friends with them and they were paying me to maintain the road and entrance. I finally got them to come down to a reasonable amount for both lots and bought them. Meanwhile I met the guy that owned the 5 acres next to all this and bought it also. I told the owners I don't like realtors and if you want to sell we can do it ourselves. I will write the contact and make it happen. Paid cash for each lot and no realtors involved. Makes things alot easier. I used Locklin to do all the lawyer crap. They got to know me very well. I would walk in and give them a bunch of paper work and say I bought more land.

I get letters and calls all the time to buy the land and or rental houses and I just tell them to go away. They want to low ball you. I told one of them one time. You give me a million for all of it and they laughed and hung up. I don't need to sell that bad. I might not ever sell. I know the land neighbors that we are very close to are interested if we decide. Right now it's my playground.

Rentals are very good income also. If the market was not so crazy I would be buying another house.

Good luck.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    if you dont mind alligators, moccasins, forest fires, sandy soil and high water tables the area around me is rife with "land for sale" signs. south of I-10 in the garcon point/robinson point area. cant speak to the prices. if you got deep pockets the Golden Ranch was for sale.

I saw a 3 acre parcel for $1.1 million.

Reactions: FLT

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know what you are experiencing, I went through the same thing. Last year I was also looking for some land. Checked Zillow, Craigslist and did daily searches for land for sale. Found a couple that fit my criteria but nearly all were "under contract". I have given up. I occasionally check but everything that seems to fit what I want is now out of my price range.

Top Bottom