Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Just for fun, home defense weapon

FrommerStop

Reaction score
The walls of my house" Block with cells poured and rebar in them for hurricanes. I have no illusions about being able to hold off a well armed force.

poppop

Reaction score
i have many different firearms but the three i would rely on for home defense:
1. a folding stock AK 47 in 5.56
2. remington 870 12 ga.
3. browning hi-power 9mm

poppop

Reaction score
if i needed something long range my dad left me his pre 64 winchester 88 in .243

wildrider666

Reaction score
My firearms were born free, they will never accept gun control limits on their Liberty nor will they ever self-identify as "registered or banned".

History if full of examples of people surrendering their arms to those in power and suffered without mercy from their poor decisions and thousands lost their lives from it. Choose wisely when/if faced with such life impacting decisions.

Even those that support the tyrants ultimately pay a price. Germany persecutedmany different classifications of people from Jews to the mentally ill to nationalities. Then they drained off all able bodied men, forced women into factory labor then took boys and old men as a last defense.

Surrender of Liberty is always unconditional in the long run. Gutted Freedoms hollow the soul of Americans. Patriots will not give in regardless of promises and deterents. Our young and old have fought before.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Shotguns now days are mistakenly shoved into the revolver pile for HD. Shotguns have protected home and hearth for over 300 years now and well. OO buck puts 9 pellets in the air approximately the size of a 9mm bullet x9, shuck it fast enough and you have a full auto subgun power. 8 shots = 72 projectiles. Also a little more forgiving on aiming, but not by much at close range. Modern pumps are as dependable as the sun coming up tomm. The only shotgun more reliable is the (tactical) single/doubleYmmv.
Forgot to mention this one has rifled inserts to shoot 45 colt,9mm,357 and of course .22 . :) Also cqb conversation...lol

Attachments

FrommerStop

Reaction score
Forgot to mention this one has rifled inserts to shoot 45 colt,9mm,357 and of course .22 . :) Also cqb conversation...lol
Inserts have always interested me. Just what sort of practical accuracy do get out of yours. Can you hit small game for example with those rifled barrels.

candipogo

Reaction score
My house is pretty safe where I’m at. I’m at the end of a cul de sac with 300 yards of wet lands behind me. A neighbor to my right that is armed almost as well as me. I look down my street out the front of the house and all 6 houses have trump flags and signs adorning their yards so I know where they stand. Rioters and loots have a block long fatal funnel to get down before reaching my house. From my second floor we have 360 degree view and great sectors of fire. If it’s at night I have 360 night vision Cameras. That said my firearms of choice would be similar Rebels, a 20 inch Ar, 18 inch AR and 2 carbines would be stationed at the second floor windows at which I have 3 boys and my wife that are all excellent marksmen. My roving AR would be my 10.5 that would be slung. And a American bulldog that loves to eat stuff at my feet. We have boocoo food and water, generators that work, ( had to use them these past few days, thankful power is back on) fuel for the long haul if needed. But most of all a solid set of neighbors that are life long hunters and proud patriots.
A very good situation

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

3rd Coast
Top Bottom