• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    for an extended "grid down, Harris is president" scenario. Mine would be a full sized rifle. With longer barrel. Like this.

Attachments

• 20200607_225435.jpg
      20200607_225435.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 163
    • 20200324_181551.jpg
      20200324_181551.jpg
      683.8 KB · Views: 158
    • 20200602_161541.jpg
      20200602_161541.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 159

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Normally my home defense weapons are good ole Remington 870 shotguns. A Marine Magnum 12 gauge for me with 00 buckshot and a youth model 20 gauge with a +4 magazine tube extension and 2 3/4” #3 buckshot for the wife. Great for those “hallway clearings” if the need arises. They have both worked well on pigs out to about 35 yards so far so figure they would suffice for the two legged pigs as well. For the little further out there targets, I built the wife an AR in .300 BLK that she loves and can shoot like you wouldn’t believe. I taught her first with a bolt gun and now she shoots everything with that kind of precision. I just stick to the 5.56 in that case or an AR that I built last year in 350 Legend. I have a few AK’s as well so that area is covered pretty well. Now, for the even further out there targets, the deer rifles will be put into play in .308. I never got into the semi big bore rifles because I never had the need. 40 plus years of hunting and I have never needed a follow up shot on a deer or hog so the bolt guns always filled my needs very well.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    In my neighborhood - I would not have anything over 50 yards unless we were protecting the whole neighborhood.

I would stick with an AR or AR pistol with a brace in 556 or 300blk.

If there are mostly peaceful rioters who are trying to burn, loot, and murder - I would likely go 5.56 as I have more ammo and mags and rifles.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My house is pretty safe where I’m at. I’m at the end of a cul de sac with 300 yards of wet lands behind me. A neighbor to my right that is armed almost as well as me. I look down my street out the front of the house and all 6 houses have trump flags and signs adorning their yards so I know where they stand. Rioters and loots have a block long fatal funnel to get down before reaching my house. From my second floor we have 360 degree view and great sectors of fire. If it’s at night I have 360 night vision Cameras. That said my firearms of choice would be similar Rebels, a 20 inch Ar, 18 inch AR and 2 carbines would be stationed at the second floor windows at which I have 3 boys and my wife that are all excellent marksmen. My roving AR would be my 10.5 that would be slung. And a American bulldog that loves to eat stuff at my feet. We have boocoo food and water, generators that work, ( had to use them these past few days, thankful power is back on) fuel for the long haul if needed. But most of all a solid set of neighbors that are life long hunters and proud patriots.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Normally my home defense weapons are good ole Remington 870 shotguns. A Marine Magnum 12 gauge for me with 00 buckshot and a youth model 20 gauge with a +4 magazine tube extension and 2 3/4” #3 buckshot for the wife. Great for those “hallway clearings” if the need arises. They have both worked well on pigs out to about 35 yards so far so figure they would suffice for the two legged pigs as well. For the little further out there targets, I built the wife an AR in .300 BLK that she loves and can shoot like you wouldn’t believe. I taught her first with a bolt gun and now she shoots everything with that kind of precision. I just stick to the 5.56 in that case or an AR that I built last year in 350 Legend. I have a few AK’s as well so that area is covered pretty well. Now, for the even further out there targets, the deer rifles will be put into play in .308. I never got into the semi big bore rifles because I never had the need. 40 plus years of hunting and I have never needed a follow up shot on a deer or hog so the bolt guns always filled my needs very well.
    Shotguns now days are mistakenly shoved into the revolver pile for HD. Shotguns have protected home and hearth for over 300 years now and well. OO buck puts 9 pellets in the air approximately the size of a 9mm bullet x9, shuck it fast enough and you have a full auto subgun power. 8 shots = 72 projectiles. Also a little more forgiving on aiming, but not by much at close range. Modern pumps are as dependable as the sun coming up tomm. The only shotgun more reliable is the (tactical) single/doubleYmmv.

Attachments

• 66304-410c320cde9e11a7bab44ed601b6e5a2.jpg
      66304-410c320cde9e11a7bab44ed601b6e5a2.jpg
      113 KB · Views: 118

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Glock 35 with 6" 9mm conversion barrel and a Mossberg 590 12ga make me comfortable on the day-to day, but an AR or 2 are not far away if SHTF.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Routinely, it's a G22, a G23 (both with night sights) and a Sig P556 (Truck gun) with RDS and Irons. if things are getting apocalypto I'll break out the three Musketeers: Sig 556s first has RDS and tip over 3×, second has 2.5×7 Redfield Ranging BDC, third has Reflex Thermal on QD mount. All have MBUS and I can shift the Thermal to any of them or pack is seperatly in case I get stranded away from home and darkness falls. Wife will use her G27 until She gets her hands on the Naked Colt Sporter II (AR12A1.5 Lol). Should be enough.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I'm an AR kinda guy so it'd be my Colt 6720 with an Aimpoint PRO on it. Also have an 870 Magnum with 20" bbl with rifle sights, +3 extension, ammo cans full of military 00 bucky and loads of slugs. Got a battle belt set up for my G17 with mag pouches for Glock and AR mags. I'm a bug in, not out boi...

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    10.5 AR and P-07 by the bed (or P07on me if awake)... Sig 516 with a LPVO for AT&T work... also got a little belt set up with G19, mags, medical if going roaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For OP scenario described, likely the traditional pump shot gun would not be banned and it so happens I like the shotgun for reactive defense. It is possible that the SKS, M1 Garand, along with revolvers will also be legally good to go under Harris.
    If ARs are proscribed, then AR pistols with the folding brace would be the way to go. They are more concealable. My MAK90 AK with folding stock will fit in a tennis bag.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For OP scenario described, likely the traditional pump shot gun would not be banned and it so happens I like the shotgun for reactive defense. It is possible that the SKS, M1 Garand, along with revolvers will also be legally good to go under Harris.
    If we are in a Harris all your guns are banned minus shotguns and possibly SKS and M1 Garands scenario we are in far worst trouble then you think. Screw their gun laws if they say they are banned. I’m not gonna be worrying about what might be possibly legal and I damn sure ain’t gonna give them to them without giving them all the bullets first.
    For OP scenario; all bets are off the table and I guess I’m coming out of retirement and once again fulfilling my oath, against all enemies foreign or domestic!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If we are in a Harris all your guns are banned minus shotguns and possibly SKS and M1 Garands scenario we are in far worst trouble then you think. Screw their gun laws if they say they are banned. I’m not gonna be worrying about what might be possibly legal and I damn sure ain’t gonna give them to them without giving them all the bullets first.
    For OP scenario; all bets are off the table and I guess I’m coming out of retirement and once again fulfilling my oath, against all enemies foreign or domestic!
    There are always choices. And one would be to hang to what you have and if the authorities find out about it, go down with a warm gun, expended shell casings at your feet and hopefully with dead foes at your feet. Odin would welcome you.

Me, I am not a viking lol.

My thought would be for defending myself to do it with what the laws of land allow. After they collect the dead robbing goblins that I have to shoot, there will be no charges for illegal possession of NFA weapons. This assume that they declare ARs to be regulated under the NFA.

What I think will happen with the AR is that you will be allowed to register what you have and then they will come confiscate them later.

Last edited:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    “My thought would be for defending myself to do it with what the laws of land allow.”
    yep! That’s the second amendment, not some baby killing supporting hag from komifornia. I’m no Viking either just a God fearing American Patriot that won’t be trampled on anymore. You do you and I’ll do me, and when I die I know I’ll be alright in the afterlife.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Concrete walls, steel security doors, multiple sally ports, limited points of entry, full wrap around surveillance CCTV, cleared and lighted and flat fields of fire all the way around, fully stocked and ready to rock. Just saying.... WW3 screw the house, I'm going to Wal-town

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Concrete walls, steel security doors, multiple sally ports, limited points of entry, full wrap around surveillance CCTV, cleared and lighted and flat fields of fire all the way around, fully stocked and ready to rock. Just saying.... WW3 screw the house, I'm going to Walltown
    I'm sure the current proprietor, whoever it is that's running the place whenever I get there, wouldn't mind having me along for their added home security. Having a team is home defense in spades. That's also called "winning" and "not dying in a pile of brass".

Top Bottom