• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ray, I'm really very sorry, but I have to say it is so! There is a reason it is a forgotten American food..............it is a tongue from a COW!!!!!!! Now I'm not trying to be holier than anybody here. Hell, I eat potted meat and that crap is full of pig peckers. It is just the thought of unpackaging some poor cows tongue and cooking and eating it that turns me off. Times may get tough enough one day that I'll have to eat one but I'm not broke yet.

my wife loves Vienna sausage and potted meat, even when I tell her they are ,made with goat lips, rooster balls and peckers.....she don't care...

the bourbon Vienna are tolerable, but I will not buy potted meat

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    When I was a kid we raised a couple of hogs to butcher every year
    Once I had put one down my Granny would cut out the tongue and take it in the house where she cleaned it and fried it. Granny and my brother ate it and said it was great but I didn’t like it
    Don’t eat chitlens either thanks to having to clean them and then having to smell them for 3 days while they were preparing them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "beef tongue tacos"

I thought this was a joke until I looked up lengua. I've eaten a lot of different stuff in my life but I've got to draw the line at beef tongue.

At one time it was called the Kings cut. It was 18 bucks but fed our entire family. Interesting how our tastes in meat have evolved 180 degrees from eating organ meats and throwing out the cuts we prize today. We cooked it in the crockpot for 9 hours then peeled the outer skin off and then cooked the inner meat in butter until somewhat crisp in the pan.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Breakfast this time, because breakfast IS the most important meal of the day; until you have had it at least!

Inspired by left over chili sauce from chili dogs early in the week. Then I discovered left over taco salad makings from a few days ago, and the dish took shape.

Onions in butter to saute, tomatoes were not the target but a few can't hurt!

Breakfast (1).jpg

The rest of the ingredients, including some reserved uncooked diced onion and tomato, waiting their turn.

Breakfast (2).jpg

All in except for the uncooked veggies and salsa. I covered and let it simmer until cheese melted and bottom browned like a frittata.

Breakfast (3).jpg

Final product, ate with a spoon but should have used chips like I did with the sons when they were boys. I would serve a large steaming platter of such a scramble, and everyone would use tortilla chips as the spoon/dish to eat breakfast with!

Attachments

• Breakfast (1).jpg
      Breakfast (1).jpg
      108.1 KB · Views: 136
    • Breakfast (2).jpg
      Breakfast (2).jpg
      120.2 KB · Views: 134
    • Breakfast (3).jpg
      Breakfast (3).jpg
      148.4 KB · Views: 141
    Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Fried chicken fingers, mash taters, and fresh maters. Had Honey Mustard dressing on the side to dip the chicken in. Good and simple!

Dinner.jpg

Attachments

• Dinner.jpg
      Dinner.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 128

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Chicken fingers is a new thing Bob. For a good example check out FOOSACKLY'S on Nine Mile Road across from Publix at 9 mi and University next time you are over. Also try their Kung Foo dipping sauce. Make your tongue slap your face!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...edc3444b60a0ae2!8m2!3d30.5330495!4d-87.227138

Drill Sergeant : Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?

Forrest Gump : To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!

Drill Sergeant : God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump. Listen up, people...

Forrest Gump : [narrates] Now for some reason I fit in the army like one of them round pegs. It's not really hard. You just make your bed real neat and remember to stand up straight and always answer every question with "Yes, drill sergeant."

Drill Sergeant : ...Is that clear?

Forrest Gump : Yes, drill sergeant!

[Forrest has finished assembling his rifle]

Forrest Gump : DONE, DRILL SERGEANT!

Drill Sergeant : GUUUUUUMP! Why did you put that weapon together so quickly, Gump?

Forrest Gump : [confused] You told me to, Drill Sergeant?

Drill Sergeant : Jesus H. Christ!

[looks at stopwatch]

Drill Sergeant : This is a new company record! If it wouldn't be such a waste of a damn-fine enlisted man I'd recommend you for OCS! You are gonna be a general someday, Gump, now disassemble your weapon and continue!

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    "When times are troubled," and mother Mary comforts me... I want to eat well! At least feed the wife one of her favorites, so another boil is the Spring meal of choice here.

Dinner.jpg

Attachments

• Dinner.jpg
      Dinner.jpg
      104.4 KB · Views: 122
    Top Bottom