Patriot Mobile

How did the Barges break loose? Insecure moorings!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well... I know a little bit about barges, worked for a tow company years ago and let me tell ya... with 75+ east winds and a legitimate 5ft swell in Pensacola bay, it didn't matter what they did, those barges were gonna move. I saw them staging them monday afternoon in groups of 3 or 4, I think they have 8 barges in total. They anchored them east of the bridge, about 2/3rds of the way across (closer to Pensacola) for a southeast wind it was the absolute worst place to stage them. I knew they'd come off anchor as soon as I saw that.
    They at least should have anchored them on the leeward side of GB peninsula, in Butcherpen cove... they did this last summer for a tropical storm. Guess they didn't want to pay any overtime to the tow crews
    Now I'm looking at a 65+mile one way commute to work because of their negligence. Thanks Skanksa.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Well... I know a little bit about barges, worked for a tow company years ago and let me tell ya... with 75+ east winds and a legitimate 5ft swell in Pensacola bay, it didn't matter what they did, those barges were gonna move. I saw them staging them monday afternoon in groups of 3 or 4, I think they have 8 barges in total. They anchored them east of the bridge, about 2/3rds of the way across (closer to Pensacola) for a southeast wind it was the absolute worst place to stage them. I knew they'd come off anchor as soon as I saw that.
    They at least should have anchored them on the leeward side of GB peninsula, in Butcherpen cove... they did this last summer for a tropical storm. Guess they didn't want to pay any overtime to the tow crews
    Now I'm looking at a 65+mile one way commute to work because of their negligence. Thanks Skanksa.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I see a class action suit coming for time and tolls...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm sure Skanksta would have insurance for something like this, right?

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You can have the best mooring in the world if you don't have anyone tending lines with conditions of high winds and a crazy sea state this is the result.

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    When you break the bridge , your company should supply a ferry system or reimburse the stranded by distance peaple this has forced to double and triple Comute to and from , was this company hired for speed of construction or least cost ,

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    When you break the bridge , your company should supply a ferry system or reimburse the stranded by distance peaple this has forced to double and triple Comute to and from , was this company hired for speed of construction or least cost ,

Neither...

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It is a mess. Went this morning and found 9 barges from pattis seafood to almost at the landcut. 2 are in bayou grande. Cant get to any of them with our tugs. There are many more that skanska has found.

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    state agents during the hurricane demolished the bridge and blamed it in the contractor. the contractor and his insurance now has to pay for repairs. the contract time will be exceeded so the contractor will have to pay penalties to the state. the state has done nothing but lose money on the garcon point bridge so increased usage will only benefit the state. just saying

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    FB_IMG_1600401310517.jpg

This one is literally in a close friend's backyard. He lives by the country club golf course on barrancas. Tore his dock to shit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom