• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I like that idea. I think here in FL it'll be harder to get it "legal" though due to the un-free building codes here.
    I ordered the cabin today and am getting my blueprints stamped by an architect.
    The boonies are good. Haven't seen an inspector and probably won't here in the free state of bama. We did have to build to insurance standards though.

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah. Building in Florida is like buying guns and braces in a Biden term.
    Anyhow, at least it will be resellable when I'm done. Cutting more trees tomorrow and Pop might do some bushhoggin while I cut trees. Always good to work with Pop.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nice! Looks like ya been to BMO. We saved thousands on windows and doors there.
    Yessir and I'll be getting a lot more there too.
    So get this...I just called USPS to have my mail sent to the property. They said they would NOT do it because Florida requires I be living on the property to have mail delivered.
    If I remember right, my Bro in law in Atmore just had a mailbox on his property while he was building and there was no issue.

SMH...I keep finding out all of these dumb requirements. Let this be a lesson to anyone who reads..if your going to build, DONT do it in FL lol

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    So get this...I just called USPS to have my mail sent to the property. They said they would NOT do it because Florida requires I be living on the property to have mail delivered.
    If I remember right, my Bro in law in Atmore just had a mailbox on his property while he was building and there was no issue.

SMH...I keep finding out all of these dumb requirements. Let this be a lesson to anyone who reads..if your going to build, DONT do it in FL lol
    Do ya have your 911 address there yet?? That's your new mailing address. Go by the local post office and let them know your putting up a mailbox too. You'll have to contact EMA to get the address or whatever name Florida made up for it with sub committees and other nonsense.
    The longer I live in Bama the more I love it.

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Man that looks awesome!!
    Thanks it's been challenging. Living in a 27 foot class c is challenging as well. Luckly for my marriage I'm on a boat till November. Not alot of room and it's super hot out. Everytime I hear someone say " We're gonna sell all our stuff and hit the road and enjoy the RV life" I think ha,ha,ha, you idiot. I garentee I'd better not even mention an RV after this or I might get shot.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I wonder if this is because the USPS is in the rental PO box business

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom