• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For perk test I used a guy named Jonathan, super good guy very professional and on his A game. His number is (850) 679-5590
    I have a guy named Wes coming out tomorrow.
    Here's the new Holland and of course my #1 helper Whitley. At 3 yo she's already wanting to work.

Also got a quote to push over, root, and grade the 20 or so pine trees. Came out to $6,500.
    PXL_20230711_003154118.jpg

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Tractor, just being noisy.
    Oh gocha. 19k but I added in everything else (bushhog 5ft, box blade, and 18ft flatbed) So came out at 27k with a 3k down payment.
    I was gonna get a used Kubota for 14 but didn't want to deal with issues it had.
    Also looked at kioti but my buddy works at Kingline so he set this up over the phone real easy like.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    @Rebel_Rider1969 Did you buy your barndo as a kit or just pick up what you needed?
    Building as we go. It's basically a house frame with tin on the outside and roof. May have made a mistake by not putting plywood on the outside of it. Twevk and insulation only. Inside were doing cedar walls no crap drywall.
    1000007035.jpg
    image000001 (19).jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oh gocha. 19k but I added in everything else (bushhog 5ft, box blade, and 18ft flatbed) So came out at 27k with a 3k down payment.
    I was gonna get a used Kubota for 14 but didn't want to deal with issues it had.
    Also looked at kioti but my buddy works at Kingline so he set this up over the phone real easy like.
    Dang, that's a good deal. Oh, I should have told ya. The AG credit banks finance for a good rate.. I have a watermelon farm... :cool:

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Has anyone pulled theyre own building permits here in FL or know anyone who has?
    This is what Escambia looks like they want for pulling a building permit...

We may be a republican state, but our building codes and permit requirements look like they were written by Al Gore...

permitreq1.png
    permitreq2.png

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nice build going there. Building Here in FL it's seems to be more of a pain. Now I'm seeing why people build in AL...no democratic building codes and permits up there...
    Little or no permits required here in Conecha County. Underground power run from pole will cost $400 vs 2800 in baldwin co.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Has anyone pulled theyre own building permits here in FL or know anyone who has?
    This is what Escambia looks like they want for pulling a building permit...

We may be a republican state, but our building codes and permit requirements look like they were written by Al Gore...

View attachment 232213 View attachment 232214
    It's all about the money, money, money.

Stevenattsu

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got engineered plans for mine around $1200. If you go with Berry he'll walk you through the process. Getting temporary power you'll have to pull a permit and have the inspector inspect it, then EREC will come out to look at the sticker and hook to it. They will also do the water tap unless you dig a well, their office is next to the school right down the road from you. You "can" pull a permit for the building as the owner/builder even if someone else is building it. To have them bore under the road and run power 400 yards was around $12,000 I ran the water once it was on my side of the road

Last edited:

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I got engineered plans for mine around $1200. If you go with Berry he'll walk you through the process. Getting temporary power you'll have to pull a permit and have the inspector inspect it, then EREC will come out to look at the sticker and hook to it. They will also do the water tap unless you dig a well, their office is next to the school right down the road from you. You "can" pull a permit for the building as the owner/builder even if someone else is building it. To have them bore under the road and run power 400 yards was around $12,000 I ran the water once it was on my side of the road
    Who was your engineer?

From the way I understand it, FL wants all kinds of stuff in my plans, and honestly I was going to figure some of that out as I built....we're wanting the Arch Cabin, so it's all custom.

Escambia county Building Dept sent me this today in regards to what I need.
    The bottum section (Starting at Site Plan, Truss Layout, etc.) Is a little confusing to me. Im good with construction, but permits and regulations are all new to me.
    Screenshot_20230712-171809.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom