• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yep, FL is finally catching up on internet sales tax. My 7/4 Midway order included it for the first time :(

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can avoid everything, except death and Taxes .

They are all collecting taxes now, but I have to wonder if it’s every getting back to Florida?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I must've squeaked under the line. My M1898 Krag arrived yesterday...no sales tax collected.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Bummer! Def takes away the online incentive on larger purchases… especially firearms. On a positive note, it will make local gun shops super competitive on the final “out the door” price - especially if they deal in fair prices. No shipping and transfer fees will now give them a level playing field.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bummer! Def takes away the online incentive on larger purchases… especially firearms. On a positive note, it will make local gun shops super competitive on the final “out the door” price - especially if they deal in fair prices. No shipping and transfer fees will now give them a level playing field.
    Don't count on them lowering their prices. They are the reason all this online sales tax stuff started in the first place. Besides, most are charging $50 to do transfers now. Still a few for $25 - $30 but not many. I heard one place say now that online sales tax is in effect now, they will raise prices because they feel that there will be more foot traffic in their shop now. We buyers loose regardless.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Amazed Florida just catching up. Alabama residents been paying it for several years. Some eBay sellers collect it too.

It’s referred to as the “amazon tax”. Six percent. It’s still cheaper than local sales tax.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I hate paying taxes more than anyone, but $6 on a $100 purchase isn't that big of a deal, and if it is you probably shouldn't be buying anyways... besides midway is super reliable and you can get free shipping more often than not.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I hate paying taxes more than anyone, but $6 on a $100 purchase isn't that big of a deal, and if it is you probably shouldn't be buying anyways... besides midway is super reliable and you can get free shipping more often than not.

It's not that we can't afford it, kills the deal. Imagine 50 or 75 dollar tax on a gun. Not that appealing. I'm surprised we got away with it as long as we did.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And the tax is supposed to allow Tallahassee to replenish the unemployment fund and then offer a tax break on certain properties.

Blame Tallahassee not Midway.

• Haha
    Reactions: Ron

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I don't take it as him blaming midway at all.
    Edit. They are all going to do it sooner or later. They will have to pay so they better collect!

Reactions: FLT

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotcha. It’s not just midway. Florida was one of the few states that’s held out as long as they did. Politicians love to redistribute money.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It's not that we can't afford it, kills the deal. Imagine 50 or 75 dollar tax on a gun. Not that appealing. I'm surprised we got away with it as long as we did.

its exactly this...... not blaming midway, just asked them why tax now and not on an order a week or so ago.... they couldn't answer but of course the forum comes thru... with a answer to the question and its usual useless sarcasm....

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I agree with the tax on smaller purchases... shouldn't be that big of a deal. But on larger (ie. firearms) purchases it can make a significant difference. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the online sales tax now being collected in FL is 7.5% not 6% as in AL.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    State tax is collected so it's not a discounted rate. Also if you make over 600 dollars on ebay you're getting a 1099 now. 20% in listing, fees and shipping and now taxed 15% minimum on top of that.....

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every thing I’ve bought in the last few months has escalated in price. The going rate seems to be around 20 precent. I wonder what it’ll be by the end of the year?

Reactions: Ron

Latest posts

Top Bottom