• ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Old joe public will be holding the bag again on this one

50 CAL

Cool LISTER ENGINE, could be used to cut the cost

If you belong to the PC crowd - please do not open this one up.

Lister engine

Remember the iconic Lister engine every farmer had in his possession many decades past?

That one of a kind noise!

Well, they are still using them in India!

https://dl-mail.ymail.com/ws/downloa...atQsFdD6xwgldl

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess the upside is that everyone will cut their teeth here and then once they get a little experience leave for better pay at state or other counties, helps keep new blood coming through!!! Or something like that.....

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kind of ironic that no one much cares about cops and teachers until their uneducated kid is arrested.

JMHO, but $34k to wrestle drunks and deal with idiots isn't nearly enough. When my wife quit the old Mary Esther PD and went back to slinging car parts for Auto Zone she took a big 25 cent an hour pay cut..................and people wonder why good people leave.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not advocating for or against a raise. But it should be noted that the salary is only part of the equation for county employees. Their total compensation package amounts to around salary plus about 30 percent. Things like insurance, an excellent retirement program and a generous amount of paid leave add up quickly.

Full disclosure, I have been employed by county government in one form or another for around 33 years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Applying for any job where you think your undervalued is the problem in the first place. One must understand their value and if you have a problem with the pay dont apply. The problem is really this simple and until there are no employees and no applicants the issue will never be addressed properly.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I've never been very good at calming the waters (especially when I helped stir it up in the first place), but to get back to the O.P., whether you think that cops get enough money or not enough or that ECAT is the greatest thing ever, the first duty of a citizen is to make his wishes known to his elected idiot. If you're happy about the state of the county government with 2/5 of these retards not even showing up to their jobs, with the amazing shortfalls in budgeting, and with the backbending measures your first responders have to endure just to keep you safe, then don't write those clowns. If you think they (or a third grader) could do better, then email couldn't hurt. Dante even gave you their contact info.

Just saying.

RevSteve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yeah. The current county commissioners aren't the best but I have been agreeing more with Underhill who thinks we need to stop investing so much in trying to get sports teams and work on what's important. Our roads stay flooded and our cops don't get raises, it's sad what the county commissioners are spending the money on.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All I know is the cops did not get deployed and got to be at home everyday.

hahaha but military go to work every day (as long as not in battle) with a huge percentage they will get home, LEO's go to work every day not knowing if they'll make it home.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow. It's hard to believe that not to many are on board for raises for our guys and gals in blue working the streets.

It's not hard to believe... LEO's are beloved when they are needed and unappreciated when folks are on the wrong side of them. Most older LEO's understand this. It's actually disturbing that this is a gun forum and most folks who love guns appreciate police, but I have also seen quite a few members on here that are anti-law enforcement.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    hahaha but military go to work every day (as long as not in battle) with a huge percentage they will get home, LEO's go to work every day not knowing if they'll make it home.

Yeah tell that to the guys that went to Vietnam, the gulf War, Iraq and Afghanistan, by the #'s there are very few LEOS that will not be home alive compared to a deployment...it is nothing like being a LEO and as much as I appreciate and support all Cops, they have a much easier time than war time...I guess you had to Serve to understand the difference.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To those who revert back to the good ole days.... It's a different world now. When I was a kid, LEO's were respected and when i ever had dealings with them it was yes sir/no sir (or maam). That's because my parents raised me correctly. Sure there were a slim majority that were "rebels" but not the majority. Now many of the kids are all about me and show no respect to LEO's. This added to drug abuse/mental illness/violent crimes have gone up way more then "back in the old days" which makes being a LEO a more hazardous job then back in the day.

Folks in EVERY job/career field will always be unsatisfied about their pay. A little perspective... in 2010 I bought a new truck w/ a sticker of 39K. In 2014 that same truck had a sticker of 49K. LEO job in 98 starting salary was 21K, but almost 20 years later its 31-34K (depending on agency/area).

When folks bring up raising taxes, NO ONE LIKES CHANGE and folks rarely support it in a nutshell.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah tell that to the guys that went to Vietnam, the gulf War, Iraq and Afghanistan, by the #'s there are very few LEOS that will not be home alive compared to a deployment...it is nothing like being a LEO and as much as I appreciate and support all Cops, they have a much easier time than war time...I guess you had to Serve to understand the difference.

Heck you even quoted me and I said (as long as not in battle). In battle, you have an enemy... When not in battle, there is not much of a hazard in daily work duties of military. LEO's don't know who the enemy is and anything can turn into a crap samwhich in a heartbeat on a daily basis.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    To those who revert back to the good ole days.... It's a different world now. When I was a kid, LEO's were respected and when i ever had dealings with them it was yes sir/no sir (or maam). That's because my parents raised me correctly. Sure there were a slim majority that were "rebels" but not the majority. Now many of the kids are all about me and show no respect to LEO's. This added to drug abuse/mental illness/violent crimes have gone up way more then "back in the old days" which makes being a LEO a more hazardous job then back in the day.

Folks in EVERY job/career field will always be unsatisfied about their pay. A little perspective... in 2010 I bought a new truck w/ a sticker of 39K. In 2014 that same truck had a sticker of 49K. LEO job in 98 starting salary was 21K, but almost 20 years later its 31-34K (depending on agency/area).

When folks bring up raising taxes, NO ONE LIKES CHANGE and folks rarely support it in a nutshell.

I would not care if they raise property tax it still pretty cheap here. I know alot of people that live all over the world and we here in Florida at least where I live property tax is cheap. It could be a little higher.

Hell Jason I will take you under my wing and you can be our pool boy when we move to costa rica for retirement. ha ha ha ha.

I still stand if we get an income tax I'm out...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Heck you even quoted me and I said (as long as not in battle). In battle, you have an enemy... When not in battle, there is not much of a hazard in daily work duties of military. LEO's don't know who the enemy is and anything can turn into a crap samwhich in a heartbeat on a daily basis.

and few of the millions in Law enforcement get hurt or killed by a perp on the job,more people are hit by lightening and many more regular people are killed in car wrecks, s for me it is a pretty safe job as they are the ones armed.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You know, aside from pmo/security forces/master of arms, civilian law enforcement has very little in common with active or reserve military service. Further, especially in nw fl, there is a large percentage of Leo that are veterans. So maybe we can all quit crapping on one or the other since both are arguably vital to modern society.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    2016: 135 Leo killed
    2016: 27 people killed by lightening.

WAIT, you know I get the most interesting PM's about alot of my comments but this last one may have saved me on this topic

I said "HIT" by lightening not Killed so I still may be in the ball park??

Thanks to one of my PM friends for that!

RevSteve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Around 230 people are struck annually by lightening.
    In 2015: 50,212 officers were attacked or harmed on the job.

Top Bottom