• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I know escambia co starting pay must be close to santa rosa co, wonder what it is?

whatever it is, it aint enough

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I know escambia co starting pay must be close to santa rosa co, wonder what it is?

whatever it is, it aint enough
    Around 35k.... I thought long and hard about law enforcement this past year. But I'd have to work 10+ years to make what I'm making now... and I currently don't get shot at.

They need a raise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    All we got to do is raise all our taxes and then we can pay them more
    I'd say the quality of the personnel ensuring our safety is worth it. Better pay attracts and most importantly, retains better talent.
    All Sheriff Morgan is asking is to have it be a little closer to what other agencies are paying.
    Nobody said anything about taxes...

Sir, you've made two points thus far and both have been wrong. Please do some research or at least read the article before commenting further. Thank you.

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Personally I'd rather that 4cent gas tax go towards a pay raise rather than the freaking E-cat...

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Why would you need a state income tax for a county issue?

I see what is coming... I'll play along.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    All I know is the cops did not get deployed and got to be at home everyday. Government pay is never going to equal Private business pay as the taxpayers are over taxed now. So whatever the pay is they knew or know what it is before they ever sign up. I would like the good cops and good teachers to make 100K a year but that will never happen.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    All I know is the cops did not get deployed and got to be at home everyday. Government pay is never going to equal Private business pay as the taxpayers are over taxed now. So whatever the pay is they knew or know what it is before they ever sign up. I would like the good cops and good teachers to make 100K a year but that will never happen.
    This isn't a military issue, but we also knew when we signed up for that. And let's face it, that pay scale wasn't half bad.
    Nobody is asking for 100k for cops, please read the article.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    we do not need more taxes and certainly not a State Income Tax like NY or NJ, do not allow the politicians steal more money than they do. The money can always be better spent with less fraud and abuse but the liberal thought that more taxes will fix everything is 100% wrong.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    we do not need more taxes and certainly not a State Income Tax like NY or NJ, do not allow the politicians steal more money than they do. The money can always be better spent with less fraud and abuse but the liberal thought that more taxes will fix everything is 100% wrong.
    Nobody is talking about taxes. Read the ducking article, please Sir.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow. It's hard to believe that not to many are on board for raises for our guys and gals in blue working the streets. Maybe most are just butthurt cause they received a speeding ticket or some other violation for doing what they know is against the law. They should get more money. Would you want to do their job???

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    State income tax???

I am all for the police getting a raise... but

They start an state income tax here. I will move to TX immediately. I can get some cheap land there and have another shooting range... LOL

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's an idea that won't be popular:

Cut every law enforcement agency's personnel in half, and then double the pay of the half that is left, and then cut their workload in half. Greatly reduce the laws they have to enforce (decriminalize a lot of the non-violent stuff, and I'm not going to go into minute details at this hour, just reduce the laws, we have a few thousand too many).

Do away with no-knock raids unless the suspect being sought is a murder suspect or someone's life is in danger, basically raise the bar for a no-knock as high as it will go. Also, do away with all house raids that are seeking drugs or other material possessions. No cop needs to be the first man through the door just so they can locate a stolen item or arrest someone for smoking crack. It's not worth the safety of any cop.

Outline the neighborhoods that are the most dangerous and stop responding to most of the calls there. If you get a call about a burglary in Truman Arms, hang up. It ain't worth a cop's life to go into a neighborhood that hates them enough that he needs several units of backup just to walk down the sidewalk and ask a question that won't be answered anyway.

Lighten up the laws on self defense. Do away with 99% of the gun laws. Enact Constitutional Carry and Open Carry. Empower the People to become their first line of defense. It is not any cop's job to be your protector. That mindset is why we have cops (like my brother in law) who think that PPD uniforms need to be camo fatigues and military plate carriers. It's bullshit.

It might not be comfortable to some people, but comfortable is overrated.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow. It's hard to believe that not to many are on board for raises for our guys and gals in blue working the streets. Maybe most are just butthurt cause they received a speeding ticket or some other violation for doing what they know is against the law. They should get more money. Would you want to do their job???

That's the problem anytime someone doesn't jump right on board with the cop worship. They get accused of ridiculous BS like that.

How about this: Before we give cops a raise, can we see how much money is available for it? That sounds like an adult question, but it still elicits bullshit like "you're just mad about a speeding ticket."

And what if we haven't gotten a ticket, ever? What if we have family members who are cops? What if we have no reason to be anti-cop (as if it makes you anti-cop just because you might not want to give them a raise before you know where the money is coming from). What do you have then? Want to have an adult conversation or insult people who don't ride their jocks like you do?

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am all for the police getting a raise... but

They start an state income tax here. I will move to TX immediately. I can get some cheap land there and have another shooting range... LOL

No, subject! You are to support ANY and ALL means necessary in order to give them a raise, including a new state income tax. What, did a cop give you a ticket one time?

/Sarcasm

Top Bottom