APOD Firearms

Does anyone still carry a Case pocket knife daily?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1

Except Benchmade instead of CRKT.

Craftsmanship on classic knives is always appreciated.
    Had a benchmade auto that I just could not trust. Gave it to a friend in LE because he worshipped the thing, and just about begged for it. Warned him about what I considered flaws... I have another manual opener that rides my center console. No hate at all for benchmade, just not gonna spend that kinda $ (both issue items) on something that could be confiscated if I have to use it for certain purposes, and/or out of greed or a display of "authority," for safety.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had a benchmade auto that I just could not trust. Gave it to a friend in LE because he worshipped the thing, and just about begged for it. Warned him about what I considered flaws... I have another manual opener that rides my center console. No hate at all for benchmade, just not gonna spend that kinda $ (both issue items) on something that could be confiscated if I have to use it for certain purposes, and/or out of greed or a display of "authority," for safety.

Mine were all issued. Perk of choosing wisely and “Aiming High”: many issued items (sure, not all, but some nice ones) were considered consumable/non-repairable, i.e. yours to keep. Of course, it was also your responsibility to take care of, and they don’t just keep issuing you another one.

My autos and manual folders all served their duty and did so well-enough to earn a spot in rotation when needed. Current one is a manual, so it’s no worse legally than a $5 Chicom knockoff.

Swampy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i collected them for many years, had hundreds and some complete sets, I have now passed them along to my son. I still have a few but consider them my "dress knives"... lol. I ALWAYS have a knife, but my 'working" knives are often "Old Timmer"s or something similar. At my age, I am prone to laying one down after use, and not remembering where I put it. I have, on a few occasions, found one after being "lost" for many years in what should have been an obvious place to look. It happens.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a collection of Case Trappers, Commemorative Trappers, Peanuts and Case XX hunting knives that I still collect.
    Also have others like Buck 110's and a Buck 184.

otisphil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hey gents, I love the Case knives but I cannot seem to keep them from rusting when i carry them in my pocket everyday. what am i doing wrong?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Unless you clean it and keep it oiled daily, it's going to get patina. The chrome vanadium (cv) blades will keep rust at bay.
    Like the 3254 yellow handles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom