DK Firearms

Does anyone still carry a Case pocket knife daily?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • legoman97a

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As the title says, I have been wondering, in the world of Spiderco, Benchmade, Leatherman, and many more, does anyone still carry a Case Trapper, Russlock, Stockman or such on a daily basis? I know my Grandpa did until his last days, but are they now only collector items? I picked up this Russ lock today, and it got me to thinking. Thank you for your time, and thoughts.
    d0b6e4b9452611108a2a8265d0718116.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have several Case knives that I carry and a few other brands as well. However, they are not really my primary knife but more of a gentleman's knife when in public. My primary knife is a Zero Tolerance 0308 and that's a lot of knife to whip out in the middle of a crowded store or restaurant. That's where the slipjoint comes in handy! One of my most recent additions was this vintage Parker slimline trapper that I picked up in an antique shop in Sturgis, South Dakota earlier this year. I also have a red jigged bone Russlock like the one you picked up. That is a knife that I will never part with. It's the knife that was in my pocket at the hospital, the day our son was born.
    f773c5f3cc9518fa314d02973dbd3997.jpg

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have looked at 'em for decades. Should have bought back then. They do just look nice. At current prices, I'm not laying down that kinda $ for something I can't open with one hand, will likely break, and/or have confiscated. CRKT most of what I carry around. No hate for Case...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    but it ain’t made the same
    The Case "XX" doesn't stand for anything nowadays! It used to stand for getting checked twice before making it out the door, and so stood for quality. I had a Case scout knife given to me brand new in the box. I opened it up and it had a bad spring. I went to return it to the store where it was bought and they turned me down. They would not take it back even with the receipt because they were not an "authorized" Case dealer, even though they had whole display cases full of Case knives. I'm not going to throw names around but I will tell you it's a well-known establishment on Hwy 90 in Milton and don't ever buy a knife from them ever again

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    As the title says, I have been wondering, in the world of Spiderco, Benchmade, Leatherman, and many more, does anyone still carry a Case Trapper, Russlock, Stockman or such on a daily basis? I know my Grandpa did until his last days, but are they now only collector items? I picked up this Russ lock today, and it got me to thinking. Thank you for your time, and thoughts.
    d0b6e4b9452611108a2a8265d0718116.jpg

I carry the exact same Case everyday and keep it super sharp, very easy to sharpen, also carry a Case sodbuster in my pocket too as it’s my cut any and everything knife, once in a while I’ll have my Case trapper with me. During the summer when I sweat real bad I’ll leave the carbon steel blade knives at home and only carry my stainless steel blades.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpeg
      IMG_0510.jpeg
      181.4 KB · Views: 42

legoman97a

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the comments! I can see them being more gentlemen's knife today for the classic look. And I would feel bad breaking or messing up this knife! I normally carry a BRK by ESEE, which is in the $30-40 range and holds up well. But weekends and special occasions will get upgraded now.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My dad does. I carry a Spyderco. Between concealed carry, phone, keys etc, I don't need anything else in the bottom of my pocket.
    same here, clip-on buck.. had a bear clip-on, lost it, over 10 yrs now, i still mourn that knife

have several sod buster styles, trappers and stockmans, but they stay in the display case

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Have looked at 'em for decades. Should have bought back then. They do just look nice. At current prices, I'm not laying down that kinda $ for something I can't open with one hand, will likely break, and/or have confiscated. CRKT most of what I carry around. No hate for Case...

+1

Except Benchmade instead of CRKT.

Craftsmanship on classic knives is always appreciated.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Case sodbuster Junior, that I rotate in, I have a full-size sodbuster lock blade that I don’t carry much anymore, was the first good knife that I bought with my own money when I was 12. The walk on it is part of the brass liner and it’s pretty worn so I don’t trust the lock the way I used to. Most of the time I have either a camilus or Ulster Boy Scout knife in my pocket. Both are from the mid to late 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 2 case knives. They are beautiful but just stay in the drawer. I want something that opens 1 handed with just a button or light flick to carry.

SlimSights

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nothin says “I like a sharp knife” better than having a yellow handled case in your pocket. Easy to sharpen to a hair trimming edge. The perfect mix of carbon in the steel too. I don’t just carry a case in my pocket like my Daddy and Grandfathers, I also have a stacked leather fixed blade that rides on my belt on all my huntin and fishin trips. It’ll cut you just lookin at it. And always put your trappers and sod busters in a tater the first night you get em to give em that old fashioned black blade look!

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I guess I am old school. I doubt one bench made knife will ever be handed down to a great grandkid, they won’t last that long. Case, old timer, buck, these are names that have been around for GENERATIONS. Here is my Old Timer I got from Sawman’s estate, one of my most prized possessions !

Attachments

• IMG_8124.jpeg
      IMG_8124.jpeg
      352.8 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Top Bottom