• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Kitchen sink backed up, I cleaned the pipes, made it worse, wife is pissed. Thanks for any leads.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go get a snake for $20-30. Much less than you'll pay any plumber and worth having around. The clog is obviously in the sink line. If in the main, you would have things backing up up-stream from the clog.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If you feel comfortable on the roof you can normally snake it from the vent pipe. Weekend/emergency plumber usually runs in the 400 dollar range.
    I did this with my kitchen sink a while back. Used the rubber bladder like shown above. I measured down my hose enough to make sure I got past the sink and wrapped some tape there. Dropped the hose down, turned it on and clog was gone in a few seconds. Just make sure the bladder is below the sink tie in so you don’t shoot water out the sink.
    877A5090-603A-42B9-8004-8371C9686656.jpeg

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    No call back. Looking at other options. Washing dishes in the bath is not fun lol

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Still no call from Jason. Called All 1 Son in Pace but not interested. Roto rooter said at 0900 they would be here by 1400... lol

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Paul Swisher with Swisher plumbing. Good dude, I don’t have his number handy but a quick google search should get you started

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Rooter showed and ran a small handheld auger which did not fix the sink, they did give me a 8000$ quote to change all the cast iron pipes to PVC for the entire house.

Extreme is here now. They ran a much larger professional grade auger and broke the cast iron pipe at the T in the wall, flooding water all over my kitchen and laundry room. Took out a section of the wall to find it, they are at home depot now getting the parts to fix it. Clog still not cleared...

Edited to add Extreme guys now telling me they are charging me for the labor on the pipe they broke...waiting for a call from their boss.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Rooter showed and ran a small handheld auger which did not fix the sink, they did give me a 8000$ quote to change all the cast iron pipes to PVC for the entire house.

Extreme is here now. They ran a much larger professional grade auger and broke the cast iron pipe at the T in the wall, flooding water all over my kitchen and laundry room. Took out a section of the wall to find it, they are at home depot now getting the parts to fix it. Clog still not cleared...

Don’t put coffee grounds down your sink, or use an insinkerator/disposal on a regular basis.

Or really anything that is not supposed to go there.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

What a nightmare :eek:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    We put the coffee grounds in the trash, grease goes in mason jars (bacon grease I use for cooking the rest is thrown out). We don't have a disposal. Just an older house.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Extreme plumbing supervisor said the pipe was rotted, then he agreed not to charge me after I sent him a pic of the pipe. So with 135 to them for coming out I am now out 270 and left with this
    Extreme Plumbing.jpg

Top Bottom