• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Rooter showed and ran a small handheld auger which did not fix the sink, they did give me a 8000$ quote to change all the cast iron pipes to PVC for the entire house.

Extreme is here now. They ran a much larger professional grade auger and broke the cast iron pipe at the T in the wall, flooding water all over my kitchen and laundry room. Took out a section of the wall to find it, they are at home depot now getting the parts to fix it. Clog still not cleared...

Edited to add Extreme guys now telling me they are charging me for the labor on the pipe they broke...waiting for a call from their boss.
    When I owned a house with galvanized iron pipes I had plumbers telling me they wouldn't touch my house specifically because of the iron pipes. And I almost couldn't get home owners insurance. The insurance did a "surprise " inspection while I was out of state and gave me 30 days to get rid of the galvanized iron pipes or else they were going to drop me. I sold the house.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am writing this in hopes it helps someone in the future.

Our kitchen sink clogged up a few years ago. I rented a little “drill style” snake from Home Depot but it did not reach the clog or it went through the hunk and sealed back up. I bought one of the hose end bladders for about $10. I got on my roof with a tape measure and “eyeballed” the top of my stack to be about 11’ off the ground so I marked 12’ on my garden hose and dropped it down. The bladder was now below the sink tie in. I turned on the hose and the clog was gone in less than 30 seconds. The only thing on the same end of the house as the kitchen is the laundry room and it was not backed up so I knew the clog was in the sink line. Pic below is my vent stack and kitchen window.

I know a very experienced plumber and when I told him what I did I was surprised to hear that he had never used one of the bladders. Of course he does mainly commercial and industrial new construction, not residential. View attachment 90613
    86CFA4FC-4765-4C60-B645-ACA144B8BC61.jpeg

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I live near the Pensacola airport and can loan you a “ladder N bladder” if you are interested. Shoot me a pm if needed

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Why haven't they fixed the clog in the sink?
    Those cast iron pipes are a handful. The 270 charge does not sound bad at all.
    At least where the wall is cut is behind the dryer.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    don't know bud. The two Mr. Rooter guys gave up after the hand auger failed and looked at me weird when I asked if they could snake from the roof vent. Only one was sentient, his partner was off and talked to my wife more than he worked so I asked the other guy if he was trying to have problems and he apologized profusely and said he had aspergers but was a good guy. The two Extreme guys were not happy about their boss agreeing my pipe wasn't rotten. Inspecting the repair it looks like I will have to replace one of the rubber couplings as they over tightened it cutting the rubber which appears to be leaking already. Not even mad my house is a fu#&@^# mess, just frustrated.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Claim the water damaged walls on insurance and you could get paid tens of thousands of dollars in damages

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Claim the water damaged walls on insurance and you could get paid tens of thousands of dollars in damages
    In theory but I deal with the aftermath of this kinda thing all the time and people are never satisfied with insurance.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    As for the pipe being rotted, I'd assume it is. On the inside. They scale up horribly. Water pipes also rust from the inside. I've seen some remodels where the pipes were cut and we're about clogged just from all the rust that swells up.
    Call extreme immediately and have them fix it. They charged you and did not complete the repair.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Perhaps the pipe is bad. May have gotten a break there, but with the shoddiness of their repair work they are not coming back. My plan is to go under the house and replace the sink line to the main line. Will post results. Still laughing at the gall of Rooter to quote me for replacing every pipe in the whole house when they couldn't unclog the sink.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Replacing the rubber couplings which were overtightened and leaking. Swisher plumbing never called me back. Have to b uy a metal blade for my reciprocating saw today.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did they run a drain cam to see where and what the bloackage is?

We used the bladder device several times over the years and it has worked.

Plumb Better ran a cam once around 2012 and told us our blockage was around 200 feet away from the drain (That put it across the street in our neighbors yard!!!!), charged us and didn't fix it. After probing the yard we found a clean out a couple feet behind the garage and discovered we have a Belly or Sag right at the cleanout. Everything would collect there and create a dam over time.

Until we dig the whole area up and fix it, we just clean it every six months to keep everything flowing.

Our first issue was our adult daughter was flushing wipes down the toilet and water was backing up in the downstairs shower, sinks etc. Second issue, same daughter sent spaghetti noodles down the garbage disposal that was fun. After clearing the clogs, the wife ran the water hose up towards the house from the clean-out and down the drains inside the house, just to clear the pipes.

Haven't had to call a plumber back for any issues, since we fix them ourselves now.

Last edited:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I hate having to call my father in law but I have watched him build an entire house by himself. He called a company in Crestview. Chris came out and had the clog cleared in 15 min. Did what he could to mitigate the chop job damage done by Extreme Plumbing. We are in talks for him to perform some other work. Master plumber. Fair prices. Thinks outside the box. 850-428-8325

Top Bottom