• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a bit of a rant, but such is life.

1. If you don't have or don't want to pay the asking price the first question you should ask is if the price is firm or if there is wiggle room in it.

2. Don't say you want to meet and then start asking about price after you've had all day and saying you don't want to waste my time until we discuss price. Guess what, you have already wasted my time by waiting all day to make it a deal breaker. Your stated interest, multiple PMs and texts required me to tell other potential buyers I couldn't meet them because I was obligated to meet you since you were the first to say you wanted to meet for it.

3. If you decide to back out it's no big deal, but don't do the following
    A. Drag it out all day.
    B. Just stop responding to texts when asked if the previously mentioned time was still good.

When I sell something I try to make the price fair. By fair I mean I wish I could have gotten more and the seller wishes they could have payed a little less.
    I don't sell things to make a living or to try to fund a new BMW on a single sale. If I get something for a good deal and decide to sell it I try to pass that good deal on to someone else. When I price something for sale there is usually little to no wiggle room on the price. If there is wiggle room it won't be much. If you don't like the price that is fine, if I don't sell something it doesn't bother me. I'll keep it before I give it away because I never sell an item because I need cash for food, bills, kids braces, the dog's cancer treatment etc. I sell things because I either get bored with them or I would like to fund another project without using my "slush fund".

I've had this happen a few times on the forum and have let it slide. Maybe I'm just in an asshole mood today.

I won't mention any names, but they know who they are and there is no need to contact me.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I COMPLETELY agree with the above post. I wish the little boys(a.k.a. non-grown men)would just go back to PFF.

Would you please PM me the names of the individuals that want to do business in this manner so I can add them to my list(that's right,I seem to have to have a LIST now)of the little boys that I will not do business with.

Something else added to my "rant" also. In the future I will post the names of the people that want to do business in the above manner. I encourage others to do the same.

Thanks for your time. --- SAWMAN

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had this happen a few times on the forum and have let it slide. Maybe I'm just in an asshole mood today.

I don't think you are in a asshole mood, everyone hates to get dicked around, especially if you could have closed the deal with someone else and then lost a potential buyer. I had a somewhat similar conversation with dogamus rex (Mike) today. And you have to look out for shady phuckers!! I always have things I look out for before a potential sale of goods. I just don't sell to anyone, I look at things like join date and post count, those of us that have been around read what others have to say and make a decision based on that, good input from everyone is always important! I have the kids right now or I would go on but Olivia and Gavin wanna play..

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    don, thanks for the PM. That little boy will be added to my list of "undesireables".

If any on my list responds to any of my adds,I will tell them that I will not do buisness with them on the open forum. THERE !! --- SAWMAN

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now I'm putting you on my list! LOL > I guess I'm just used to it. oh well , if I quit doing business with undesirables, I would starve to death quickly. I understand where y'all are coming from as you have fulltime jobs and little time to waste on no shows. I have met a lot of super people from this forum, and a few not so, but I will not hold one impression against anyone, now two - three will get you on my list. I go by the three strike program, everyone has a bad day and emergencies come up , some real some not. I try to keep my requirements to a minimum = It Has to be within the Limits of the Law and you need the Capital to consummate the deal! Do I get aggravated ? YES , But I try not to let in control me where I bite my nose off to spite my face. But that's just me, and if I am on anyone list, oh well , my bad.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have been very lucky on this forum with all my deals so far. I'm thinking, since I mostly deal with revolvers and lever action rifles, I must be missing a big segment of potential buyers/sellers, therefore limiting my chances of running into undesirables.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's because you are one of the good ones to deal with Joel. Can't wait till next time.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A "Secret List"... I know I'm on some "Lists" somewhere, but i don't want to be on THAT list. If anybody ever has any problems with me I want to know about it.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh I have at least 3-5 just not quite ready to thin them out yet. You will be the first to know. I do love a good smith too ya know!

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife and I have had a few experiences where the person strings is along and then either backs out or vanishes completely. It's a really shitty thing to do to someone.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is sticky material. I don't know what it is about it but the private face to face gun market seems to attract some real winners.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    This is sticky material. I don't know what it is about it but the private face to face gun market seems to attract some real winners.

There are still a few , what I call Good Ole Boy Gun Runners around, who want to flip guns for cash and make a profit on the deals. Today it quite dangerous to dabble in this endeavor, but quite a few still do, so they need to buy under the real value to insure a nice profit. Unfortunately most folks don't have a good negotiating personality, and often get upset or flustered when they can't get the deal going their way. Hence the bad attitude and string alongs. I like the ones who try trading and tell you they got gold and you have silver. Also you have the undesirables who can't buy retail.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know exactly what you mean. There are more than a few buy sell trade groups on facebook that are just pure clown shoes. I've seen one sorry old marlin with a weak magazine spring that has been passed around like a two dollar lady of the night.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's alot to be said about a person who shows up and picks your handgun, rifle, or shotgun apart after they viewed good pictures of the item prior to their meet... then the turn around and offer 20 or more percent less than the agreed price. If I want something, and I meet, I made the deal before I showed up. Unless there was something that was blatently hidden, I'm paying, shaking hands, and going on my way. I want to thank everyone that I've bought from so far... they've all been honest and above board. I've only had one tiny complaint, but I'm over that. This forum should be a board of MEN who simply share the love of all things that go bang, and the related items that go with them.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dont worry, forum etiquette in general is lacking here. For sale threads turning into discussions. picture threads turning into question and answer. Thats is why we have sub forums and PM. So called "firearm expert" performing poorly at the range (keyboard expert).

Last edited:

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dont worry, forum etiquette in general is lacking here. For sale threads turning into discussions. picture threads turning into question and answer. Thats is why we have sub forums and PM. So called "firearm expert" performing poorly at the range (keyboard expert).

I don't know, Chris... we have alot of well behaved members here and some (few) that seek to exploit.

Top Bottom