• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ""you don't like it, feel free to sign the fcuk off! Jmo.""

These types of comment from members and moderators is precisely WHY this forum was formed and we all left PFF...not a very adult or helpful comment. I remember being told that alot at PFF and many of us did just that.

Moderator buddies are safe from infractions. Thats not the first tantrum he has showed.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Moderator buddies are safe from infractions. Thats not the first tantrum he has showed.
    Might be some truth to that, IIRC, I had one over people wanting cheap 1911 mags to work, and another over TWD, and now this one regarding how F'ed up our forum is. However, if you look carefully you'll find that if I was out of line or misconstrued to be so, I have no problem apologizing and giving credit where and when it's due.

And can I ask what "expert's" shooting you were insulting? If you're gonna call somebody out, at least do so by name. We can all take a little criticism, or perhaps it can be the root for a little friendly competition, once we all un-wad our panties, of course.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cris,That was my X Wifes name, Oh off subject. If you stay around very long you will see that when someone steps out of line very much they are told about it weather they are friends or not. It's there job and they do it very well.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Might be some truth to that, IIRC, I had one over people wanting cheap 1911 mags to work, and another over TWD, and now this one regarding how F'ed up our forum is. However, if you look carefully you'll find that if I was out of line or misconstrued to be so, I have no problem apologizing and giving credit where and when it's due.

And can I ask what "expert's" shooting you were insulting? If you're gonna call somebody out, at least do so by name. We can all take a little criticism, or perhaps it can be the root for a little friendly competition, once we all un-wad our panties, of course.

Sir, we adults don't carry ourselves in that manner especially in public. If you think it pertains to you, so be it. Name calling is not my forte. No competition here. I am sure you will put a beating on me badly

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I know nothing of PFF, but perhaps you're right, yet it was mostly in response to the gentleman having a problem with us turning threads into Q&A's or discussions, which you, my friend, have done more than once , along with many of us. It's just the way we do things around here, since, we stay on subject and do so respectfully. Myself and many of us, like it that way, and I think you do as well. Are we going to change the way we do things because of a comment? I can't imagine, but if I get redirected by someone of the proper authority for doing the things we're being accused of, I might just sign the fcuk off on my own.

No Sweetheart we are going to keep doing it as we want to unless the OP asks us not to. Look at my own hub blind ad, I now know where to buy gizzards on the road! I love it!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW, I don't care that it went off topic, it's funny as hell that a complaint about threads going off topic with BS posts made a thread go off topic with BS posts.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sir, we adults don't carry ourselves in that manner especially in public. If you think it pertains to you, so be it. Name calling is not my forte. No competition here. I am sure you will put a beating on me badly

Fair enough, but a surprisingly positive change in attitude. Me being the expert/crappy-shooter? Nah! But whoever it is, hey, shoot it out, hand over some cash and call it good. Might even make a friend in the process.

In all honesty, being that you've been around for over a year, I find it very surprising that you'd now finally come out and call us out. But then you'd paint a Les Baer so maybe judgement isn't much of a forte either.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Frank, you're right. Going back and reading my responses, I have to apologize. In speaking out in defense of our little forum, I ended up sounding just like the big forum douche bags that make me so grateful for this forum. Chris, I apologize, I'm not sure what got into me. Let's keep it fun and keep it friendly. If we don't have that, we have nothing. Cheers!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO ---> A huge majority that are members here do not ACTIVELY post on other forums. They could possibly LURK on other forums though. I say this because of their manner of posting here. I know this(have determined this)partially because of the other forums that I belong to and how long I have been a member of them. (This does not include TexasBoars or The 6.8 Forums.) The other forums that I belong to have been around for an extremely long time.

These "other" forums have admin and mods that rule ..... uhhhhh .... as per the rules. If you break the rules on these forums you are quickly PM'ed with what rule(s) you have broken and a warning as such. I feel that this is EXACTLY the way a forum should be administrated. Some of these other forums obviously have their favorites. All forums do. For the admin and mods to have friends or favorites is understood just as long as these members do not receive special treatment that is obvious to other members on the open forum.

This forum is much more of a "local" forum than the others I belong to. There are several specific reasons why I belong to this forum. #1 is to help myself with the buying and selling of firearms and related equipment. #2 is that I like to help people with firearms and firearm related equipment. I do not claim to be smarter that the rest. However I do have more experience and training than most. I feel that I owe this "info" to others if they are willing to accept it. This experience and training is not in all fields. In the fields that I am not knowledgeable about I am more than willing to accept knowledge and experiences from other forum members. In the past I have learned from other members. Hopefully some forum members have learned from me.

I have quit other forums. I have never been kicked off any other forum. I expect to be treated EQUALLY with other members. I expect admin or a mod to tell me,and explain to me,that I have done something wrong ... BY PM. A public belittle of ANY member is a sure sign of a mod or admin that do not understand forums,no matter their official training. I would also say that the leadership jobs are not easy on forums. I think that the "do onto others" thing should be a guide to the decisions that are made by the admin and mods. I am not the admin(owner)or a mod. I understand that. The admin and mods should also understand that they are not simply another forum member.

Finally ....... I would say that my feelings of how the admin and mods do their jobs here is of no consequence. True --> And if for whatever reason I do not like this forum I surely do feel free to sign the fuck off. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is also the issue of nuances lost in translation from someone's brain to the keyboard.

I'm pretty regular on three forums with a total of somewhere in the vicinity of 20,000 posts and I KNOW I'm guilty of misinterpreting other people's thoughts and of getting lazy and not proofing my own writing before hitting "post". I've seen quite a few discussions go sideways over a silly misunderstanding. Emotions are difficult to convey, dry humor can be missed and most of all the perspectives of the writer and the reader aren't always on the same track. I've read more than one post and had to back up and analyze what Ijust read, then come away with a totally different understanding of what the poster was trying to say.

I'm a fast reader and a fast typist. That has gotten my ass in a crack on several occasions.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know what I think, if everyone had a selfie instead of an avatar they would tend to act more like themself and not the badass avatar they chose from some underworld website. I have heard so much crap from some and when you meet them they are totally differant, and much more sane and friendly. Just a thought.

Heck I'll go second, cause the Belle was first. well actually the other Dan might have been first, but that was one scarry pic" dang make that 3'rd, forgot about TennJeep

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know what I think, if everyone had a selfie instead of an avatar they would tend to act more like themself and not the badass avatar they chose from some underworld website. I have heard so much crap from some and when you meet them they are totally differant, and much more sane and friendly. Just a thought.

Yeah, I don't look anything like my avatar.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Heck I'll go second, cause the Belle was first.

No F**kin way, would hate to scare women, children and our gay members!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frankie Frankie Frankie, we have allready seen you groping the dead hog a few times. BTW I think you are quite handsome for your age LOL!

Top Bottom