Target Sports

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't own any NFA items, never have. Has anyone here actually received a 'visit' from ATF to 'inspect' them? I'm wondering if this actually happens and if so, how frequently.

Attachments

• D4DBB15A-25AA-4B98-87A4-E27C7BF9EC40.jpeg
      D4DBB15A-25AA-4B98-87A4-E27C7BF9EC40.jpeg
      509.2 KB · Views: 55

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not a visit to inspect, but a visit. Newly arrived at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune NC, I was called to the Provo Marshall‘s office. ATF agent there. Gist of the what the agent said: I was notified you brought your Thompson sub machine gun with you. If anyone offers you stolen 45 ammo for sale, here’s my card. Give me a call.

Was never offered stolen ammo. Was given ammo to shoot at the thousand inch range by the instructors. Shot up 1000 rounds that day.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    As a kid I would hear stories to shock you. One was how farmers castrate piggies with rubber bands. They say that it's a painless way to slowly neuter them. It may sting a little at first but over time they go numb and eventually just fall off.
    Now that I'm older I see this is a good example of how gun laws work. Slowly, but surely... you're getting neutered. Until now I never heard of piggies that vollenteer for the rubber band tho. That's a new one on me. Just walk up and hike that leg up, it's just a little snap but it's all over in time. After all they don't charge a fee for the rubber band. It's free. So why not?
    Then later when the farmer decides he's ready to send you off to slaughter, you wish you had the balls to fight back. Those are long gone now tho. You wish you could have had little young buck piggies that would help fight. There are none tho. The rubber bands fixed that too. All that's left is helpless little tame piggies.
    Don't let the farmer have your balls. Dam sure don't give them to them.
    The farmer isn't your friend. Everything he does is with the intention of putting you on his plate.

All the convoluted gun laws they contrived over the years added up slowly but surely. We should by now be aware of this and fight tooth and nail to prevent any more illegal over reach. I wish my elders did more in the past to fight the ones we have now. And I'll be damned if I have to explain to my kids how I didn't do my part to keep more from happening as they deal with the burden of it all, if they're even allowed to have any at that point.
    I'm not looking for ways to further comply with yet more new laws. I'm looking for ways to get rid of existing ones.
    That's how I see things. I abide all "current" laws because I value being a honest citizen, Only under protest and duress tho. I consider this the thin red line myself. One more rubber band and its over as far as I'm concerned lol

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You do you guy. I've got nfa items already. It doesn't give the atf free reign, it only gives them permission to see the item in question. If you keep it up and up, stay outta trouble with authorities and luve a straight life, no troubles. The atf can't process paperwork in less than 7mo right now, how they gonna process some 40 million stamps in any kind of expedited manner? Ain't gonna happen... the atf doesn't make laws and millions won't comply.
    No troubles now. Until they finally decide they have enough Redcoats in their voter base to totally ban them, and they start consulting their NFA registry...

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    No troubles now. Until they finally decide they have enough Redcoats in their voter base to totally ban them, and they start consulting their NFA registry...
    Oh my... now I'm panicked. Yawn.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The NFA Registry is far from the only list any gun owner can, will or is on. ATF is doing everything they can to digitize 4473s. Would not be surprised if background check information is saved indefinitely. Concealed permit? Registered Republican? Have you paid for anything gun related with a CC? Are you now, or ever been, in the military/Leo etc?

There are plenty of other lists they can use. It's easy to bitch about the NFA though.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NFA Registry is far from the only list any gun owner can, will or is on. ATF is doing everything they can to digitize 4473s. Would not be surprised if background check information is saved indefinitely. Concealed permit? Registered Republican? Have you paid for anything gun related with a CC? Are you now, or ever been, in the military/Leo etc?

There are plenty of other lists they can use. It's easy to bitch about the NFA though.
    None of these should be disregarded either. It's easy to bitch about any of it. It's certainly important to continue to push for states to go permit-less. As for the Federal government, they don't ask the people for permission to violate our rights, so all we can do is bitch and refuse to comply en masse.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    You can panic, or not panic, or just keep your eyes open and see the situation for what it is. Stair stepping to tyranny. You don't care? That's your problem, the rest of us do.
    A gun registry is just another list in a long line of lists. I'm an American and proud of it. The government isn't out to get me. To think I'm not paying attention is ignorant and I'm not in lockstep to the slaughterhouse, gulag or a federal prison. I will continue to vote at every chance, research who gets my vote and do whatever the heck I choose... same as you.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    None of these should be disregarded either. It's easy to bitch about any of it. It's certainly important to continue to push for states to go permit-less. As for the Federal government, they don't ask the people for permission to violate our rights, so all we can do is bitch and refuse to comply en masse.
    That's fine. Just pointing out that people get upset about the NFA but they're are plenty of other ways they can find you. Not having a NFA item doesn't make you a ghost.

srbimmi

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The whole problem is that ATF decided to move the goal posts even after saying for years that the braces are legal and you can shoulder them. If we comply and register everything then what is stopping them from collecting all the guns if they pass the "assault weapons" ban? Texas removed Texas made and sold suppressors from NFA. That should be the goal of every state not to comply with the registration.

Gunin4m

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    As a kid I would hear stories to shock you. One was how farmers castrate piggies with rubber bands. They say that it's a painless way to slowly neuter them. It may sting a little at first but over time they go numb and eventually just fall off.
    Now that I'm older I see this is a good example of how gun laws work. Slowly, but surely... you're getting neutered. Until now I never heard of piggies that vollenteer for the rubber band tho. That's a new one on me. Just walk up and hike that leg up, it's just a little snap but it's all over in time. After all they don't charge a fee for the rubber band. It's free. So why not?
    Then later when the farmer decides he's ready to send you off to slaughter, you wish you had the balls to fight back. Those are long gone now tho. You wish you could have had little young buck piggies that would help fight. There are none tho. The rubber bands fixed that too. All that's left is helpless little tame piggies.
    Don't let the farmer have your balls. Dam sure don't give them to them.
    The farmer isn't your friend. Everything he does is with the intention of putting you on his plate.

All the convoluted gun laws they contrived over the years added up slowly but surely. We should by now be aware of this and fight tooth and nail to prevent any more illegal over reach. I wish my elders did more in the past to fight the ones we have now. And I'll be damned if I have to explain to my kids how I didn't do my part to keep more from happening as they deal with the burden of it all, if they're even allowed to have any at that point.
    I'm not looking for ways to further comply with yet more new laws. I'm looking for ways to get rid of existing ones.
    That's how I see things. I abide all "current" laws because I value being a honest citizen, Only under protest and duress tho. I consider this the thin red line myself. One more rubber band and its over as far as I'm concerned lol
    This right here!!!

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A gun registry is just another list in a long line of lists. I'm an American and proud of it. The government isn't out to get me. To think I'm not paying attention is ignorant and I'm not in lockstep to the slaughterhouse, gulag or a federal prison. I will continue to vote at every chance, research who gets my vote and do whatever the heck I choose... same as you.
    Again, they aren't out to get you, until they are. Plenty of people have been put underground or had their lives ruined by corrupt feds throughout history. It's the case of saying well it's not happening to me, so it's not happening. Plenty of German citizens said that until their entire nation was under fascist rule.

Top Bottom