APOD Firearms

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    or committing legitimate crimes.
    "legitimate crimes" like as in the crime of not complying... oh and the legit crime of encouraging others to not comply as well... all so you can get away with what? Not having an extra 6 inches on your barrel? Yeah, real smart one you are, risking your right to vote, your right to ever own a firearm in the future, your ability to ever get a good job or a nice apartment after you're a legit felon, compromising your family's security... for the rest of your life... because you didn't want 6" on your barrel and thought "oh nobody will care" or "nobody needs to know"... pretty stupid

Last edited:

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    "legitimate crimes" like as in the crime of not complying... oh and the legit crime of encouraging others to not comply as well... all so you can get away with what? Not having an extra 6 inches on your barrel? Yeah, real smart one you are, risking your right to vote, your right to ever own a firearm in the future, your ability to ever get a good job or a nice apartment after you're a legit felon, compromising your family's security... for the rest of your life... because you didn't want 6" on your barrel and thought "oh nobody will care" or "nobody needs to know"... pretty stupid
    I guess it is pretty stupid but I also think that it's stupid to think they can even try to enforce this revenue generating measure, especially when amnesty creates a glut of 10-40 million new SBRs. When the registry was much tighter then yeah I guess it must have been easy to find noncompliant SBRs because there were so few, but with the NFA division offering free amnesty form 1s and with such a quick turnaround they pretty much just legalized SBRs as general use. Do you think anyone is going to be looking for unregistered SBRs when there's a whole ocean of amnesty era SBRs to wade through? It's the regulatory equivalent of looking for a needle in a hay stack.

With a pistol I can still sell it privately without a nearly 300 day wait, and (I'm not admitting to this or encouraging illegal behavior) there is no earthly way the ATF will pick out little ol' law abiding average Joe who didn't register when everyone else did.

I understand your position and I would be lying if I said the might of the federal government didn't scare me, but looking at the field it would be an absolute waste of everyone's time to hunt down the few unregistered SBRs in the ocean of amnesty era SBRs. Yeah I guess an argument could be made that 30 years down the line these amnesty SBRs could appreciate in value like machine guns, but I'll just have my cake and eat it too.

(This isn't directed at you Raven, just to the busybody portion of the firearm owning populace who help enforce unconstitutional nonsense for the ATF pro bono) For those who have the inclination to snitch to big daddy government I'd love to hear how successful you are in your hunt for the big bad meanie who didn't register his SBR like the paragon of responsibility you are. Maybe you will find that needle in the haystack and that intangible pat on the back may just be worth selling your birthright.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Then don't ;)

Hypothetically if one was to disregard this ruling and just photoshop a form 4 how would you get caught? Has anyone ever seen someone walking around a public range with a tape measure to verify barrel length? If you were a law abiding citizen who had a pistol brace equipped pistol there really isn't much for the ATF to actually start with.
    I guess if you had to use it for defense of your property you could be in a hot spot but I know I can pull any brace I've ever seen off the gun in less than a minute.
    Pulled over for speeding; no Officer you can not open my trunk.
    At the range and using your totally legit registered SBR when a nosy busybody doesn't mind his business; "Yes it's registered, don't you know everyone registered their SBRs with the amnesty. I don't have the stamp with me but it's safe at the house" (There is no legal requirement to carry the tax stamp when using your NFA item)
    Posting pictures of your totally legit SBR online; worst thing you could do, don't do it.

Laws like this only have weight when people comply with them, no crime is being committed and there is no grounds for a criminal investigation. I genuinely struggle with the idea of the NFA being enforced beyond people making very bad decisions and painting targets on their backs by oversharing with untrustworthy people or committing legitimate crimes.
    It's not worth a night in jail or a court battle to prove I didn't do anything. The ATF is at the ranges. They are watching.
    I hope I don't get pulled over, but telling an officer no just admits guilt. You can bet a warrant will be issued and a dog will tear your leather seats.
    It pisses me off, but the risk is not worth it to me..........at this point.

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is going to committee today and will probably get shot down in the house and then move on to the senate. Don't have much faith once it gets there but we'll see. If the Republicans can get a majority I'm sure the Dems will use the filibuster that they hate so much.

Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Repeal the NFA.

What a waste of resources
    Not just a waste of resources. The second it was signed into law it was a constitutional violation. Instead of being outraged, people are scrambling to find the least painful way to bend the knee.
    I guess it is pretty stupid but I also think that it's stupid to think they can even try to enforce this revenue generating measure, especially when amnesty creates a glut of 10-40 million new SBRs. When the registry was much tighter then yeah I guess it must have been easy to find noncompliant SBRs because there were so few, but with the NFA division offering free amnesty form 1s and with such a quick turnaround they pretty much just legalized SBRs as general use. Do you think anyone is going to be looking for unregistered SBRs when there's a whole ocean of amnesty era SBRs to wade through? It's the regulatory equivalent of looking for a needle in a hay stack.

With a pistol I can still sell it privately without a nearly 300 day wait, and (I'm not admitting to this or encouraging illegal behavior) there is no earthly way the ATF will pick out little ol' law abiding average Joe who didn't register when everyone else did.

I understand your position and I would be lying if I said the might of the federal government didn't scare me, but looking at the field it would be an absolute waste of everyone's time to hunt down the few unregistered SBRs in the ocean of amnesty era SBRs. Yeah I guess an argument could be made that 30 years down the line these amnesty SBRs could appreciate in value like machine guns, but I'll just have my cake and eat it too.

(This isn't directed at you Raven, just to the busybody portion of the firearm owning populace who help enforce unconstitutional nonsense for the ATF pro bono) For those who have the inclination to snitch to big daddy government I'd love to hear how successful you are in your hunt for the big bad meanie who didn't register his SBR like the paragon of responsibility you are. Maybe you will find that needle in the haystack and that intangible pat on the back may just be worth selling your birthright.
    It’s a real shame the “2A community” isn’t more reliable, and steadfast. Imagine how much someone’s life has to suck when they feel the need to report people for such things.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    This is going to committee today and will probably get shot down in the house and then move on to the senate. Don't have much faith once it gets there but we'll see. If the Republicans can get a majority I'm sure the Dems will use the filibuster that they hate so much.
    Where is your source? Keep us updated. I haven't heard anything.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Just like remaining silent and getting a lawyer?
    We could go back and forth all day on this. If there was a ship, I'd jump on it, but we barely have a spoon full of water and a dingy.

The democrats loot and burn because they have nothing to lose.

When the time does come, it will be an easy choice.

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not going to make it through the senate but this definitely fast tracks it to the supreme court where the feds have already lost on a similar precedent. No way this gets resolved by June 1st but when it does get resolved June 1st won't matter and all of those that registered their stuff will be pissed.

Top Bottom