• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    In December, I took my Sienna in for a 90000 mile service. paid $1980.62 to have a lot of work done, turns out they didn't do all of the work that I paid for including transmission flush and brake system flush. Evidently, I also needed a new serpentine belt, which they did not report, along with several other hoses and rubber items that were close to failure.
    Who did you take it to that recommended these parts? I'm not saying Bob Tyler isn't crooked, but how do you trust the second shop? Mechanics and service writers are salesmen.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Who did you take it to that recommended these parts? I'm not saying Bob Tyler isn't crooked, but how do you trust the second shop? Mechanics and service writers are salesmen.
    Work was paid for, not done. Bob tylers own service advisor, tech and service mgr said so. Didn't need a 2nd shop. They admitted it wasn't done by recommending it HAD to be done. Thats when I informed them it was supposed to have been completed 10k miles ago when I did 90k service and paid to have it done at that time.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Now I got the story.
    Did they give you a credit? I would have demanded one at this point.

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Work was paid for, not done. Bob tylers own service advisor, tech and service mgr said so. Didn't need a 2nd shop. They admitted it wasn't done by recommending it HAD to be done. Thats when I informed them it was supposed to have been completed 10k miles ago when I did 90k service and paid to have it done at that time.

What crooks. Sadly you will find this just about everywhere. So you caught them in their lie before you paid for it the 2nd time I'm guessing? Sounds to me like this is an order from the top.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Like a dealership I worked at nearly 30 years ago. They would get pissed off if you spent the time to actually do the "30-Point Inspection" on cars headed to the used lot. Their "Golden Boy" was the guy who would pull the car into his bay, go out and smoke a cigarette, then come back in and check everything off... didn't look at shit. But he was really fast, and thus "a better worker" in the mind of the service manager.

Me? If I'm going to sign my name to a document that says I inspected drum brakes (for example), at least one wheel and drum is coming off... per axle. This explains in a nutshell why I can't work in someone else's shop, and why I would go broke running my own : )

Which is fine, since nobody works on my stuff, and I have an '02 Focus I've had since new (the only new 4-wheel vehicle I've ever had, and actually was "my wife's car" before she passed away), a '65 Ford 250 I've had for 26 years, and a '74 Grand Am I've had for 46 years! And there are only two others that I've owned and sold in my lifetime ('79 K-5 Blazer & '74 450SLC... and miss them both!), not counting bikes. So a '79 was technically my newest 4-wheeler to date : )

And I've never owned an Asian vehicle, so...
    Never owned an Asian vehicle either!

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I have had good buying experiences at both Bob Tyler and Eastern Shore, but they were years and years ago. I'm sure it's all different people at both dealerships by now. Good luck to you. I will say that Eastern Shore was the only one around at that time that offered the "unlimited mileage warranty" tho, and they had the best selection
    I’m curious as to if anyone has had a bad experience with them trying to not honor this warranty. I had a lifetime warranty on my Jeep when I bought it new, and they found a way to void out my warranty, through no fault of mine, years later

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    What crooks. Sadly you will find this just about everywhere. So you caught them in their lie before you paid for it the 2nd time I'm guessing? Sounds to me like this is an order from the top.
    yeah i caught it. had paperwork from last service still. paper-trail was the key. they paid for part of my rental car but thats it. already emailed toyota of America and they got back to me faster than bob tyler did. filed a complaint with the BBB and state attornys ofc. the fldmv will also be involved for the consumer affairs side. people gonna get in trouble. the service mgr tried to make me happy by letting me know the tech who worked or didn't work on my van is no longer employed there... fat lotta good it does me.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Now I got the story.
    Did they give you a credit? I would have demanded one at this point.
    i really don't want anything else to do with them, just needs to be out there that they can't be trusted. toyota of America don't play, he could very easily loose his dealer status.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    parts of your Chevy truck are Asian...

snipped this from J.D. Power...
    On the global level, Chevy sources parts from five Mexican companies, four Japanese companies, three companies each in Canada and Brazil, two each in South Korea and France, and individual partners in Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Hungary, India, and Thailand. So while Chevy trucks are assembled in America, they’re truly a global product.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And you can’t buy one with out ON Star tracking. My insurance company doesn’t ask for mileage updates any more because they get reports form on star.

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There is a reason they call them Stealerships!
    Everyone I have ever done business with is crooked. The entire auto industry is corrupt.
    Same for medical &drug industry. And they are getting away with it because politicians are for sale. Iam done ranting now got to get my nose to the grindstone so I will have a couple hundred bucks end of the week for next week’s grocery’s.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I strongly encourage anyone who's had issues like this with Bob Tyler Toyota to contact Toyota of America directly. Toyota does not take kindly to dealerships conning their customers.

Gunin4m

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Like a dealership I worked at nearly 30 years ago. They would get pissed off if you spent the time to actually do the "30-Point Inspection" on cars headed to the used lot. Their "Golden Boy" was the guy who would pull the car into his bay, go out and smoke a cigarette, then come back in and check everything off... didn't look at shit. But he was really fast, and thus "a better worker" in the mind of the service manager.

Me? If I'm going to sign my name to a document that says I inspected drum brakes (for example), at least one wheel and drum is coming off... per axle. This explains in a nutshell why I can't work in someone else's shop, and why I would go broke running my own : )

Which is fine, since nobody works on my stuff, and I have an '02 Focus I've had since new (approaching 350,000 mi. w/the original engine... OK, the rear main is leaking... the only new 4-wheel vehicle I've ever had, and actually was "my wife's car" before she passed away), a '65 Ford 250 I've had for 26 years, and a '74 Grand Am I've had for 46 years! And there are only two others that I've owned and sold in my lifetime ('79 K-5 Blazer & '74 450SLC... and miss them both!), not counting bikes. So a '79 was technically my newest 4-wheeler to date : )

And I've never owned an Asian vehicle, so...
    You still have a 74 Grand Am???

Top Bottom