• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    If you live in the Pensacola area and have a Toyota or Lexus vehicle, avoid Bob Tyler Toyota and their service department at ALL costs... unless you like paying for goods and services that aren't done. Never would've known except they screwed up BIG time and this time they were caught. Over 4yrs we have serviced 4 Toyota vehicles and even bought one from them. How many times did it happen before? How many loyal customers have they done it to besides me and my wife? Fraud is fraud plain and simple.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    In December, I took my Sienna in for a 90000 mile service. paid $1980.62 to have a lot of work done, turns out they didn't do all of the work that I paid for including transmission flush and brake system flush. Evidently, I also needed a new serpentine belt, which they did not report, along with several other hoses and rubber items that were close to failure.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I had a air intake valve (smog pump) stuck on a tundra and called to price the part. Parts man says OK $2458.68 plus labor.
    I asked "for 1 pump?" he said we suggest you replace this, that, and everything connected to it.
    Even so the one pump was 538.00 with my friend's discount.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I had a similar experience with Gary Smith Ford in Fort Walton Beach. I caught them 'pencil whipping' the safety/top off fluids check list (washer fluid was empty & tire pressures were off after the 'tech' signed off on the sheet). Minor issues of course, but if they didn't do that correctly, what else do they not do correctly, or not at all?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I work in the industry and Bob Tyler is straight-up embarrassing. They had a 2006 Solara with ~120k miles for like $17k. The lot is always vacant. What a bunch of losers.
    I'm filing a complaint with the state attorney general's office. I'm also gonna hit him with the Better Business Bureau, and the Pensacola Chamber of Commerce.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm filing a complaint with the state attorney general's office. I'm also gonna hit him with the Better Business Bureau, and the Pensacola Chamber of Commerce.
    F-ncking A, nail their hides to the barn door.
    Besides catching a mechanic in a bold face lie at the GM dealership, after three calls to get my name taken of their mailing list, gave the car away last year. The BBB likes physical proof, a I'm starting a Ltr. complain.

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Did you speak with the General Manager ???
    Not yet. Service mgr is over GM evidently and he was dismissive at best. Told them I wanted to speak with GM and Bob Tyler... we'll see if they reach out but I'm not holding my breath.

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'm probably a bit of an outlier here, but I always buy used, cash, and bring a mechanic veteran brother of mine to make sure everything is on the up and up. Last vehicle I bought was an 09 Ford F-150 with 230k miles on it, four years ago. Still running strong.

I use various local classifieds to purchase.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Bob Tyler just called... he's gonna "get to the bottom of this" evidently. i'll hold my breath. gotten msgs from lots of people with similar experiences at bobs place. this may be the one that exposes a bit more of what goes on behind the curtain over there.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Not yet. Service mgr is over GM evidently and he was dismissive at best. Told them I wanted to speak with GM and Bob Tyler... we'll see if they reach out but I'm not holding my breath.
    I would be up there till I got to speak with someone !!!!!!

Top Bottom