• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dang, I’m headed to Eastern Shore Toyota this weekend, hoping to get a Tacoma, what was your experience with them?

If I were in the market for a Tacoma I'd wait for the new body style that's coming end of year? but If I couldn't..

I'd use Toyota's main website entering different zip codes near you to search multiple* dealers on hand and upcoming inventory before making any trips. If you're looking for a model in demand which is most all you'd more than likely have to pre purchase a vehicle coming from port before it arrives to get what you want and it be anywhere near it's MSRP. Also internet sales have become to so popular most these dealers are able to get you OTD pricing without stepping foot inside until you're ready to sign and even then you still have to get through the finance guys sales pitches which have become worse than the car salesman's. Saves some time and stress.

I'd try them all and more if you can, Springhill, Palmers, Bondys, Tyler, Eastern shore, Dothan, and others... End of the day it's about the out the door cost, but it's doubtful you'll get a good shake at any of them let alone Eastern shore ( King of Market adjustments ) with Toyota inventory still being so low.

If it's an in demand model pricing will most likely will be near or at MSRP so really the only difference you could expect to negotiate would be Market Adjustment fee, Dealer Dock fee (they rarely come off this usually), and additional add on's like, Toyoguard Paint protection, floor mats, phone charger cables, etc. Insure these items are priced into your offer as they like to conveniently leave them out when negotiating until the very end.

Also make sure you're looking at Carfax's on used cars as dealers are desperate for inventory they will put accident vehicles on their lots where in the past they would auction them. Unfortunately it's a bad time to buy a Toyota. Looking forward to their inventory being replenished.

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    So Bob Tyler has reached out again, no solution, no apologies, original problem prompting my visit still not resolved. Escalating to next steps with Toyota of America. They'll be held accountable... I guarantee it.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I’m curious as to if anyone has had a bad experience with them trying to not honor this warranty. I had a lifetime warranty on my Jeep when I bought it new, and they found a way to void out my warranty, through no fault of mine, years later
    I ended up voiding my lifetime warranty by using it as a commercial vehicle

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I had an odd experience with Bob Tyler 12 or 15 years ago.
    I was going to buy my daughter a new Corolla. She was at college so my wife and I went down there. Got a female salesperson that knew nothing about the product.
    We found a likely candidate and started negotiating. Back then the sticker was around $20,000.
    She said what if I can give it to you for THIS and wrote down $19,000. I told her she was gonna hafta do better than that. Well, what if I can do it for THIS, wrote down $18,000.
    This went on till she got to $15,500. I told her I will buy it for that.
    She went to talk to her manager, came back, wrote down $19,000 and circled it.
    I told her we were going to lunch, then went across the street and bought a new Honda Civic.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had an odd experience with Bob Tyler 12 or 15 years ago.
    I was going to buy my daughter a new Corolla. She was at college so my wife and I went down there. Got a female salesperson that knew nothing about the product.
    We found a likely candidate and started negotiating. Back then the sticker was around $20,000.
    She said what if I can give it to you for THIS and wrote down $19,000. I told her she was gonna hafta do better than that. Well, what if I can do it for THIS, wrote down $18,000.
    This went on till she got to $15,500. I told her I will buy it for that.
    She went to talk to her manager, came back, wrote down $19,000 and circled it.
    I told her we were going to lunch, then went across the street and bought a new Honda Civic.
    Oh, I worked as a salesperson at a dealership for about a month back in the late '80s... nice one, with BMW, Volkswagen, Honda, Buick... maybe Range Rovers and some other "boutique brand"(?) that doesn't even exist any more. Being a rookie, they stuck me with Volkswagen, which was fine with me anyway. Almost sold a nice Scirocco (GTi or something?) that came from the factory with Recaro seats, etc. (similar to the one below... and look at that 2020 price! DANG, I should've bought it! : )

Didn't sell any, though, in part because VWs were not that popular at the time. (the Hondas were so easy to sell, they referred to those salesmen as "order takers") But the sales managers would instruct me to tell the customers one lie after another, and I couldn't do it... certainly didn't need to, since I have other skills.

Scirocco.png

Last edited:

Bamajoey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went there years ago to look at used cars! Dressed in blue jeans shorts and a tee shirt!
    Salesman actually insulted me! If you know me, I rarely say stuff to strangers but I told him he needed to go back to his office and he understood and did!
    The best way to buy any vehicle is to go in in dirty jeans, a shirt with holes in it. Walk around looking at what they have in stock, pick out what you want, then ask one of the lot lizards for some help and tell him you are paying cash. Tell him you want bottom price and no B S or you are leaving. It worked the last three vehicles I bought.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    so after being assured by bob tyler himself to remedy all my concerns, they have yet again done nothing to help and lied to me again. bob made sure he'd handle it and not to worry, they'd get me a loaner or rental on their dime only to have the service manager to say no way. they wouldn't honor the owners word. surprise, bob wasn't available to be asked. service supervisor evidently had a heart attack last night too. may have happened, but at this point it's suspect at BEST. service tech said it was probably gravel under control arms and i must live on a gravel road or have a gravel driveway. i told them i live in a paved development with ZERO gravel on our paved roads. Toyota America has again been notified and appointment made at Easternshore Toyota. i will NEVER go bacck to bob tyler and will suggest nobody here does either.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    so after being assured by bob tyler himself to remedy all my concerns, they have yet again done nothing to help and lied to me again. bob made sure he'd handle it and not to worry, they'd get me a loaner or rental on their dime only to have the service manager to say no way. they wouldn't honor the owners word. surprise, bob wasn't available to be asked. service supervisor evidently had a heart attack last night too. may have happened, but at this point it's suspect at BEST. service tech said it was probably gravel under control arms and i must live on a gravel road or have a gravel driveway. i told them i live in a paved development with ZERO gravel on our paved roads. Toyota America has again been notified and appointment made at Easternshore Toyota. i will NEVER go bacck to bob tyler and will suggest nobody here does either.
    Sounds like Bob started out as a used-car salesman...

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I bought several vehicles from Southern Chevrolet in Foley. I always had good experiences. That being said they were bought out by Sandy Sansing this past year. I will say that I would not buy or have anything serviced at Moyer Ford in Foley!

*edit: several neighbors have bought and had vehicles serviced at Eastern Shore with no complaints. FWIW, Eastern Shore does give military discount on parts!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    keeps getting more and more shifty. the service director in his emails is gilbert schmidtt, he's also the service mgr according to his name tag at the dealership where he's gil, is also Toyotas customer care rep where he's gil schmitt... seems like it's from the head honcho on down. nice way to earn a living by de-frauding your customers and lying about everything they do. i know its a car dealership but even by used car salesman standards, thats pretty dirty and dis-honest. hope bob sleeps well at night...

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    So I took my van to Eastern Shore Toyota and they earned a customer. Service department is amazing and my advisor RJ is a real pro. What bob tyler couldn't diagnose or fix in 2 attempts and 10 days, Eastern Shore figured out in 2hrs and had all repairs done within 30hrs of dropping off. Eastern Shore also has its own rental fleet for $23 a day in house. Bob Tyler still hasn't returned my call on Monday. It's a bit of a drive but worth it 100%. My case is still open with Toyota of America and they are looking at bobs place with a microscope now. I hope they are held accountable and more people come forward with any complaints and report them to corporate.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Not surprised. My colleague’s son in law is the service manager there. Very straight arrow guy.

Top Bottom