• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I sure thought they would tell you that you couldn't post some of the stuff you posted before becoming a moderator. Interesting - I was wondering how this was going to develop.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Stuff such as? I think doc has contributed a fair amount over the years, especially in the long range shooting area
    Well, I agree with you there, but once someone is in a position of authority/control over others in a group, they maybe should change some of their personal postings in some regards.

RustedBolt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, I agree with you there, but once someone is in a position of authority/control over others in a group, they maybe should change some of their personal postings in some regards.
    ...AND your PM button is broken???????? Take it offline. If agrees he was out of whack, he can delete the post. If it remains, then troll the guy

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No you're right. I have posted questionable things in the past. This surgery and my seizures has been kind of a wake up to me.

You all have my word as a man that I wont be posting in certain threads.

I will remain fair and equal.

When I'm called to sort an argument out i will hear both sides and make decisions based off both peoples input.

If i cant reach a decision I will send it higher.

Doc

Last edited:

RustedBolt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah rustbolt - I'll handle this one out in the open. It might be painful for me, I don't know.
    It's not about your pain--you are leveraging an essentially free service (you can be listed as "Supporter" for a VERY nominal fee). Moderators volunteer. Drive the good ones way and you are culling the herd in the wrong direction. "Scold in private, praise in public." If the "scold in private" doesn't work, then take the gloves off.

I think the above post VERY clearly shows a simple PM would have been rather effective AND not raised the drama above where it really needs to be.

I've said my piece, I'm done with this topic.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It's not about your pain--you are leveraging an essentially free service (you can be listed as "Supporter" for a VERY nominal fee). Moderators volunteer. Drive the good ones way and you are culling the herd in the wrong direction. "Scold in private, praise in public." If the "scold in private" doesn't work, then take the gloves off.

I think the above post VERY clearly shows a simple PM would have been rather effective AND not raised the drama above where it really needs to be.

I've said my piece, I'm done with this topic.
    I think I have been here long enough to judge that a concern expressed in public, will have far more effect than a crybaby PM that will get ignored. Just staking out my territory like many have done in the past on this forum.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am torn, I think in general convos the Mods should post, in arguments they can see and react and not post other than it is OVER. I tend to look for Respected members post more positively than a newbie whining about one of them. But then clearly I am not seen as Mod material or would have been one of the first,so please carry on.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I dont know Frank. When we first started I told admin that if he didn't make you a mod that I was gonna quit the forum.
    I believe that he anticipated me quitting,that would have been a great reason to NOT make you a mod.
    SORRY !! ( But you can thank me in private.)
    BTW to the OP- - -> You never have too many guns. Trust me on this one. --- SAWMAN

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, there is on average 30 days in a month. How long do you need to expend cleaning & oiling at least two firearms a day? So if you don't have the luxury of time to properly clean & oil at least 2 firearms a day, and you have more than 2 firearms a day to clean on a monthly schedule! Perhaps you are nearing ownership of an excess firearm or two. JMHO.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So am knocking on 50yrs old, been buying guns for most of my adult life. Inherited a few.

Is there a thing as too many guns?

My guns have predominantly been for protection. I will admit I have a few guns that have never been fired, and with ammo in short supply I am limiting my plinking.

In my collection there are only a few I would really go to for when SHTF. My favorite 7.62x39, maybe my second best 5.56, one of my .45s, and one of my 9mm and enough ammo to carry.

What are your thoughts on this? I would be interested in hearing them.
    never too many guns...

i have one in every room , including bathrooms, and garage...

they hold their value, they are a store of value.you can always get your money back

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, there is on average 30 days in a month. How long do you need to expend cleaning & oiling at least two firearms a day? So if you don't have the luxury of time to properly clean & oil at least 2 firearms a day, and you have more than 2 firearms a day to clean on a monthly schedule! Perhaps you are nearing ownership of an excess firearm or two. JMHO.

Guess I'll have to go to 3 a day instead, just to give myself some leeway. Here I am looking for my next antique firearm to add to my collection. LOL! Right now doing two a day, I ALMOST run out of days.

Added: Had to edit my post, I can't count very well lately it seems.......

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about, if you spend more time cleaning & oiling your firearms in a month than expending rounds downrange, perhaps it's time to share the wealth with folks that are firearm starved on the range. Perhaps even a rental program to give others an experience?

Top Bottom