• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Speaking of neat, different places to eat. Someday hit the H&O down by the PPD station. Another place that's been around. Talk about serious soul food! I've eaten there dozens of times. Greasy, huge portions and a slice of heaven. Last breakfast I had there was fried bologna, runny eggs, grits, hash browns and biscuits. The bologna slice looked like a car tire (huge and thick), I asked for two eggs, they brought three, the grits were in a large bowl and taste better than anywhere else and the biscuits and gravy were fantastic! I ate at about 6:30 AM and never touched a bite of food the rest of the day. Full, satisfied and happy!

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll explain it this way. You go to other places for hamburgers your way. You go to Blue Dot for a BLUE DOT hamburger. It comes one way and one way only. The system works for the owner. He makes them as fast as he can and he sells a shit pot full of them. He'll tell you if you want cheese, extra this, no that, go somewhere else. I think it's awesome. He's got the system stripped down, prices are good and no frills. I would bet that old dude can probably buy all of us. He's been in business a long time and has a helluva loyal following. You don't go there for gourmet burgers. You go there for a Blue Dot.

As for variety they have an infinite (3) choices of potato chips and gosh, what?, maybe 4 different canned soft drinks you can choose from.

that's what i'm talk'n about !!!!.....................:rockon:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll explain it this way. You go to other places for hamburgers your way. You go to Blue Dot for a BLUE DOT hamburger. It comes one way and one way only. The system works for the owner. He makes them as fast as he can and he sells a shit pot full of them. He'll tell you if you want cheese, extra this, no that, go somewhere else. I think it's awesome. He's got the system stripped down, prices are good and no frills. I would bet that old dude can probably buy all of us. He's been in business a long time and has a helluva loyal following. You don't go there for gourmet burgers. You go there for a Blue Dot.

As for variety they have an infinite (3) choices of potato chips and gosh, what?, maybe 4 different canned soft drinks you can choose from.

Sounds like my kind of place. I'm gonna have to try it next time I'm over there.

NotreDame82

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Blue Dot all day for me as well. Seanpcola you said it perfect,he reminds me of the soup Nazi on Seinfeld lol but I love the way he runs it. I saw a guy walk in one day with no shirt on and his pants sagging and that owner came unglued on him told him he was not getting any food and told him he better walk out before he comes out from behind his counter. I was laughing so hard I knew from that day forward I would be visiting his restaurant a lot more often it was like dinner and a show.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    On a side note, TOPS burgers on Cervantes just east of 110 is pretty good as well. Don't think they use lettuce and tomato either though. But the brown bag it comes in is soaked with grease.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    On a side note, TOPS burgers on Cervantes just east of 110 is pretty good as well. Don't think they use lettuce and tomato either though. But the brown bag it comes in is soaked with grease.

Is it? I've driven by a million times. Can't imagine it not being frozen.

I guess for me, I want a well seasoned, freshly ground patty, that is not over cooked, and topped with good fresh vegetables. Sounds simple enough, right?
    I think the key is the freshly ground meat. When you grind on the spot to order, or even each day, you can safely go below medium, which is where all the beefy goodness is. Wine Bar and the place by the Cigar Store are the only two places in town that I know do this.

Here's my humble attempt. Though being store bought meat, I have to do medium. Still better than most restaurants though. At least to me, which is all that matters.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411008388.192401.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411008401.729519.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411008388.192401.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411008388.192401.jpg
      46.3 KB · Views: 81
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411008401.729519.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411008401.729519.jpg
      40.4 KB · Views: 83

benchrest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ill second tops as being right up there with the blue dot. ive been goin to the dot for a long time now, even when blue and dot were still alive. even when they were on wright street. also if anyone wants to try em out{recomended} just look for the blue face to the building as there is no sign saying blud dot. they dont need advertising.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm guessing it's in the hood somewhere?

Yes sir. Belmont and devillers. Right around the corner from the old chicken box.
    Sean that was a very good description of the place.
    Good call on tops too Justin! Theres one on 98 in navarre too. Just as good.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Heck, I think if you've never eaten their burger, the Blue Dot is a must just for the tradition of it. Kinda like Jerry's Drive-In. It's good, just not the best in my opinion.
    As I remember, there's not even a sign on the place. It's an old blue squatty building. Also as I remember, it's just south of Belmont on Devilliers but somebody might remember better than me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom