• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    the best thing about blue dot is all the different burger variations and condiments they have. that or the cutting edge decor.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Variations and condiments are fine, but to me, like anything else, it's all about how you treat your meat.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    there are no variations or condiments. i was just being a smartass. they have burgers and rib sandwiches. thats it. no cheese, no sides except little bag of chips and like 4 kinds of can cokes. they just put a wall unit a/c in last year or so. i imagine it looks exactly like it did when they opened. it aint changed in the 15 years ive been going there.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    the dude standing at the back door used to carry a 44 mag. im sure he still does. guy up front has the best short term memory ive ever seen. hell take 10 orders and not right a thing down and then come sling them to you. ive never had a wrong order or know of anyone that has.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Good deal. Sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, someone please go to The Wine Bar.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    you know its good when all the utility company guys say so!!
    Ha its the best "take a nap afterwards" burger too. And yeah if you like choices, variety, and "atmosphere" well it may not be the place for you. Haha

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the best thing about blue dot is all the different burger variations and condiments they have. that or the cutting edge decor.

Figured you were trying to set Dante up. Last time I was in there I went with a buddy of mine that's black. I mention race because of what came next. We sat down and started eating. George (my buddy) said he needed salt (he salts everything). I told him, let it go, eat and shut up. He got up, went to the counter and asked for a salt shaker. The owner (black too) was cooking burgers and overheard him. He walked right up to George, stuck his spatula in George's face and said "N*&%$#, my burgers don't need no salt. Shut up and eat". George walked back with a stunned look on his face and finished his meal.:hail:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sounds like a black version of a saturday night live skit. how did that go? cheeseburger cheeseburger pepsi. no pepsi coke>

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Figured you were trying to set Dante up. Last time I was in there I went with a buddy of mine that's black. I mention race because of what came next. We sat down and started eating. George (my buddy) said he needed salt (he salts everything). I told him, let it go, eat and shut up. He got up, went to the counter and asked for a salt shaker. The owner (black too) was cooking burgers and overheard him. He walked right up to George, stuck his spatula in George's face and said "N*&%$#, my burgers don't need no salt. Shut up and eat". George walked back with a stunned look on his face and finished his meal.:hail:

Damn. I like it when a man takes pride in his meats.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I had always heard how good Blue Dot was so I tried it several months ago. I said "I would like a cheeseburger" and he said "no cheese". Uh, Ok. I would like a hamburger and fries "No fries, chips." I felt like I was in a SNL skit and John Belushi was behind the counter.
    I thought the taste was really good but as I remember, it didn't have any tomato, lettuce or anything and I wasn't overly impressed. It was good but I would just as soon have a Wendy's double WITH lettuce and tomato.
    The bowling alley in Pace used to have the best burger ever. I ate there quite a bit and always got the mushroom swiss burger. Then a couple of years ago it changed and I haven't been back.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I had always heard how good Blue Dot was so I tried it several months ago. I said "I would like a cheeseburger" and he said "no cheese". Uh, Ok. I would like a hamburger and fries "No fries, chips." I felt like I was in a SNL skit and John Belushi was behind the counter.
    I thought the taste was really good but as I remember, it didn't have any tomato, lettuce or anything and I wasn't overly impressed. It was good but I would just as soon have a Wendy's double WITH lettuce and tomato.
    The bowling alley in Pace used to have the best burger ever. I ate there quite a bit and always got the mushroom swiss burger. Then a couple of years ago it changed and I haven't been back.
    You work downtown, seriously, go to The Wine Bar.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Damn. I like it when a man takes pride in his meats.

Hmm. Maybe I should rethink the whole thing. I like cheese, lettuce and tomato, and don't really wanna get my ass kicked for ordering it medium rate with no mustard.
    Or maybe go with some backup.

Last edited:

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Hmm. Maybe I should rethink the whole thing. I like cheese, lettuce and tomato, and don't really wanna get my ass kicked for ordering it medium rate with no mustard.
    Or maybe go with some backup.

I would take an ass whooping for free blue dot! They have good ribs too. Its 4 pieces of white bread, a half rack of ribs cut up, 4 pieces of white bread and a scoop of sauce on top. All shoved in a brown paper bag it barely fits in. Awesomeness. Like the man said- nigga his food dont need no salt!!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Interesting. The man takes pride in his food, I can respect that. Maybe it'd be a good, "after IDPA" place to eat.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll explain it this way. You go to other places for hamburgers your way. You go to Blue Dot for a BLUE DOT hamburger. It comes one way and one way only. The system works for the owner. He makes them as fast as he can and he sells a shit pot full of them. He'll tell you if you want cheese, extra this, no that, go somewhere else. I think it's awesome. He's got the system stripped down, prices are good and no frills. I would bet that old dude can probably buy all of us. He's been in business a long time and has a helluva loyal following. You don't go there for gourmet burgers. You go there for a Blue Dot.

As for variety they have an infinite (3) choices of potato chips and gosh, what?, maybe 4 different canned soft drinks you can choose from.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom