• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Rick, you must be a native. I find that Jerry's, much like Twizzlers, is something you have to have grown up eating. To me, Jerry's food tastes like 40 year old grease, just like Twizzlers taste like plastic, but people who grow up eating either just don't see it.
    I understand people liking Jerry's, but disagree.
    Tin cow though? really? Um... NO. It's just a bar that happens to serve frozen garbage in a bun. It's owned by the hop jacks peeps, and the black and blue burger at hop jacks is incredible. Maybe they need to send a chef or two down the street.
    Peg Leg's is decent, but nothing to write home about.
    Honestly,Chili's spanks all three of them. McGuire's is about equal. Never been to Grover's.
    Haven't been to Blue Dot or the place in Destin. I've been wanting to try Blue Dot though.

Sounds crazy, but Wine Bar downtown had the best burger I've ever had, anywhere, ever. I wish they made fries, but they don't have a frier. But the burger is so good that I don't care.
    Can't think of the name, but the place next to the cigar shop by intermissions makes a pretty good burger as well.

When it comes to burgers, if you're not hand shaping the patty from fresh ground beef, you're wrong. Yes, a frozen patty is fine sometimes, but has no place on a best of anything list.
    JMO.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jerrys has excellent Mullet, not the best but good so there's nothing wrong with their frying grease.

Johnny Huston's has amazing meat on their burgers.

Blue Dot is awesome. Had many a burger from there.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The bowling alley onboard Whiting Field. Grease dripping off your elbow and your hair stays in place in a windstorm....mmmmm

On another note: http://gardenandgun.com/ hmm like southern living but without the throw pillows

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Chet's and Oyster Barn make good mullet. As long as it's caught that day and dusted in cornmeal, it's good to go.

The last straw for Jerry's was the fried shrimp slathered in thousand island in a greasy, soggy BURGER BUN!!! Ridiculous. Lol.
    Shakes are decent though.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive never been there but everybody tells me The Oval Office has the best burger around.. The Mertle Burger is what its called I think.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Can anyone back me up on The Wine Bar? Last time I was there it was the regular patty, which is amazing, with roasted red peppers caramelized onions and goat cheese, oh and spinach (which does nothing for me)
    The best I've ever had there was ground filet with Maytag blue cheese. I'll never forget that burger. Lol.

Now I'm gonna have to make burgers tonight. If anyone cares, I use fresh 80/20 ground chuck. I cut the meat from the pack and gently press it into shape (none if that meatball making mushing molestation). Respect the meat and leave the spaces within the strands (this is where the juice collects) just gently pressed together, then dimple the middle, brush with olive oil, then salt and pepper (both fresh ground). Medium is about as high as I'll go on a patty. Pink and warm, everyone loves that. Otherwise, you might as well do bubba burgers. Have the bottom part assembled when the patties come off the grill. Toasted bun, mayo, onions, let the hot patty rest on top of that and caramelize the onions in its own juice for a few minutes. Meanwhile, melt the cheese in a pan and throw it on the patty. I like sharp cheddar. Be generous, feel free to add jalapeños under or into the cheese. Lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard and toasted bun. If I have time, I'll make "burger sauce" which is ketchup, mustard, garlic salt, onion powder and Cajun seasoning. This can be used instead of mustard or as dipping sauce for fries. For fries, the thicker the better. BAM!!!
    Lol.

Edit: Green egg or similar at 400•

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    I will also add that I walked into the old grill formerally Garrets on Michigan awhile back, they used to have the best burger around. But alas it has changed hands and now it sucks bog water. I told the waitress after a couple bites that it tasted funny, all she did was look at me funny, so I left it uneaten and also told the guy at the register, all he said was thank you have a nic day, so one bite cost me about 12.00 for a burger and fries.

benchrest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wimpy burger at the hip pocket deli, all time favorite was the chili cheeseburger at the chicken box

Latest posts

Top Bottom