Patriot Mobile

Anyone going to the gunshow this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    People walk around w guns slung over their shoulder and signs on them, just stop and ask...I don't think most are honest and always think something may be wrong w the gun...but that is just me.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ I see...
    It's just never been anything I've been interested in. Usually old wooden rifles with green slings, no thanks. Didn't even cross my mind to ask. I think I always assumed that they had just bought something.

I may be more on the lookout for people with cases or showing stuff to dealers.
    Slim chance it'll be my cup of tea, but it doesn't hurt to be alert.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't think most are honest and always think something may be wrong w the gun...but that is just me. I trust the folks on this forum much more than the general public as i think their first mission is to steal from me.

So uh - what if it is a forum member walking around with a rifle over their shoulder...?

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They are probably over priced or the gun would have sold here...LOL

Ahhhhh ... but ... what if we just haven't posted it out here?
    See that would be a whole different animal right there.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That is true, probably to embarrassed to post at the price wanted...LOL

Really though I am scared to buy from a stranger at those shows, have heard too many stories of people getting screwed and looking at most of them I am not sure the gun was not stolen so as to be sold at the show. People have reputation to uphold here or they will not be able to do business.

I am on the 6.8 forum, the best and most well run forum I have ever seen. NO talking shit, 50 posts to buy or sell, you gouge there and your ad will be removed. I am on my best behavior there and really learn more there than anywhere else.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If I'm buying from an individual, I try to judge their character. In fact, just yesterday I didn't go look at a gun that was a darn good deal because I didn't like the way he sounded on the phone.
    If I get a lot of yehs and grunts and groans when I should be getting complete sentences, I don't meet with them.
    I think it's a good idea to have a post minimum before you can buy or sell. There are a few new members on here, if you look at their posts, it's all to sell things.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That is true, probably to embarrassed to post at the price wanted...LOL.

Oh, I see, you mean like that veridian green laser that guy was trying to sell out here for like 6 or 7 months? (GRIN)

All kidding aside though you do have to be careful dealing with folk at the gun shows true, and there are definitely some Saturday night special looking items there.
    BUT there are also folk out there who have not heard of GCGF and go there to try and sell or buy because they went to ... some unnamed shops and walked out knowing they would have to go a different route. Which is what I did when we first moved into the area, but a week or so after the show I was behind a truck at a light with a GCGF sticker on the window so I hit the interweb and to the amusement of all here I am.

Forums, gun shows, cars, insert whatever you want here - are what you make of them. As with anything you are buying Caveat Emptor.

If a guy thinks someones prices are too high, well, that just opens the door to some good ol fashioned dickering.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Really though I am scared to buy from a stranger at those shows, have heard too many stories of people getting screwed and looking at most of them I am not sure the gun was not stolen so as to be sold at the show. People have reputation to uphold here or they will not be able to do business.

I am on the 6.8 forum, the best and most well run forum I have ever seen. NO talking shit, 50 posts to buy or sell, you gouge there and your ad will be removed. I am on my best behavior there and really learn more there than anywhere else.

Why aren't you on your best behavior here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    and the viridian laser was priced below what anyone could buy it for, it was just a matter of someone wanting or needing it. There also was no question about the reputation of the guy selling it or that he would stand behind it. That is NOT the case at a gun show private seller...I believe you mad my point...Thank you...

I am on my best behavior here 98% of the time...LOL

So Loki, what ARE you taking to the show to sell?

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A veridian green laser. Ha.

Just tweaking you a little bit there Frank ... I said tweaking , not twerking.

Debating if I want to sell one of my rifles and its accessories.

Last edited:

jclark77

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I got screwed over a few years ago on a gunshow purchase so I am a little leery myself. As to the post count thing, I think it leads to more crap-posts from people just trying to up their post count so they can get to that level. It would hinder me personally as I am a big-time lurker. I read all the new threads from all the sections daily, but I'm sure I was a member for many moons before I ever hit 50 posts. I did feel obligated to at least post in the introduction area before hitting the "for sale" section though. To each his own.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    jclark, yeah they have to be substantial posts, no Hi there, welcome to the forum, or other trash post...Great mods there, great forum, no politics or nasty banter, they modeled it as far away from arf.com as possible. seems most AR forums are a free for all and the guy who started it did not want the crap, then Wilson Combat bought and took it over...I always recommend those that get or are interested in the 6.8 to go there, it is mandatory if you are serious about the caliber.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I found out about the forum on Armslist while trying to sell some old guns, so I joined the forum, posted and sold my guns. However, I became addicted in the process, and nearing 2k posts later, here I am.
    So, while I personally post much more than I should, I don't personally think the limits are a great idea. JMO...

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom