Target Sports

Anyone going to the gunshow this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I went up and asked them if they had 50 cal pistol stuff, They showed me the 50AE brass, but not the 500. I wanna start with 500 first. Shoulda been more specific. Bummer, really don't wanna run back out.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We spent an hour or so, nothing excited me. Scored 120 rounds of mag 500, didn't see the brass Dan. Would have bought it for ya if I did.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I went and killed a couple of hours.
    My favorite was the Marlin Camp 9 for $1600. But it did have a case and some extra mags. If anybody is interested, I can beat that price by more than half.
    I was amazed at the number of people walking around with S&W M&P 15-22s that they just bought.
    It's a great gun but the prices I saw can be beaten by $100 on the Internet.
    One guy had a nice selection of vintage S&Ws at more than I would pay but I enjoyed seeing them.
    One guy at the back had a great idea for a concealment holster. The holster was attached to a phone case that hung on your belt with clips. The holster hung down in your pants so it wasn't uncomfortable in your waist band.
    I liked it, just not $85 worth. I liked it maybe $50 worth so I didn't get one.
    Lots of people walking around selling milsurps and ARs.
    One dealer had a crate of Mosin Nagants for $199. They looked in good shape.
    Lots of dealers selling knives. I started to buy an auto kalishnikov knife but it was serrated.
    Good price at $45.
    One table was selling some kind of trigger doo dad that made your semi auto shoot like a fully auto. Still can't figure it out.
    Most .22 ammo was priced $50 - $90 a brick.
    It wasn't a bad way to spend an afternoon and it will be even better when they notify me that I won that case of 9mm.

Last edited:

Carbmofo

I'm Broke!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went and killed a couple of hours.
    One table was selling some kind of trigger doo dad that made your semi auto shoot like a fully auto. Still can't figure it out.

Was it by chance the Tac Com TacFire 3MR trigger? If so, I have one. What was he charging for them, if you don't mind me asking.

Carbmofo

I'm Broke!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^
    Do you really? how do you like it? Better than slide fire stock?

I do like it. I dont think it is quite worth the money, but still very cool. I think the slide fire stocks look terrible. My guns are more for show anyways. haha.

I lost your number or I would send you a vid of Ian shooting one of my rifles with it. Send me your cell number and I will send it to you

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I can't remember what the name of it was. It was a little curved silver piece of metal that I thought somehow attached to the trigger or trigger guard. I thought it was cool but figured it can't be good for your gun. That's the main reason I didn't buy one. It was either $35 or $50. Can't remember which.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jays had the crate of mosins for 199+tax+background. I picked up a 31 Tula hex head but put it back when he wouldn't wave the tax and let me have it for 200 out the door. Can't bring myself to spend 220 on a mosin. It was a beautiful gun though. I had a good time but kept my money in my pocket. Saw a used 981 mini 14 for 550. Best deal I saw all day but I bought one last Monday.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Show Comments!

Jays had the crate of mosins for 199+tax+background. I picked up a 31 Tula hex head but put it back when he wouldn't wave the tax and let me have it for 200 out the door. Can't bring myself to spend 220 on a mosin. It was a beautiful gun though. I had a good time but kept my money in my pocket. Saw a used 981 mini 14 for 550. Best deal I saw all day but I bought one last Monday.

I go to the shows to support our freedoms and rights, mainly. BUT, I bring cash because I'm always "shopping". Times and things have changed dramatically...... The prices have escalated from fair to high to "rediculous"....what a disappointment!

I tried to buy a M57 Tokarev from Jay's and he wouldn't budge a nickel! ($300 + tx, +BGD. CK.) I told him that they started at $189 online but I'd like to spend the money locally....didn't matter....wouldn't budge!

People selling CCI .22s for $20 - $30 a box!? Walmart, when they get them, sells them for $10 and some change.

I'm 71 years old, a Vietnam vet, and I don't know where this country is going to wind up!
    If you're a prayer warrior........start now!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I go to the shows to support our freedoms and rights, mainly. BUT, I bring cash because I'm always "shopping". Times and things have changed dramatically...... The prices have escalated from fair to high to "rediculous"....what a disappointment!

I tried to buy a M57 Tokarev from Jay's and he wouldn't budge a nickel! ($300 + tx, +BGD. CK.) I told him that they started at $189 online but I'd like to spend the money locally....didn't matter....wouldn't budge!

People selling CCI .22s for $20 - $30 a box!? Walmart, when they get them, sells them for $10 and some change.

I'm 71 years old, a Vietnam vet, and I don't know where this country is going to wind up!
    If you're a prayer warrior........start now!

Agreed. That's why I'm so glad to have found this forum. Lots of people that just love the hobby and not about the almighty dollar. Thanks gcgf

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jay's was going around to all the other vendors trying to unload the last 7 of those Mosin's with the crate....for $150 each, without bayonet and cleaning packs. I thought I misheard the poor guy and I asked ""XXX amount?", the guy said, no "YYY amount". I about spit my water when he confirmed the price. No way I was paying RETAIL from another dealer. Which now gets me in the mood to order a full crate of Mosin's, of better quality, for considerably less.

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jay's was going around to all the other vendors trying to unload the last 7 of those Mosin's with the crate....for $150 each, without bayonet and cleaning packs. I thought I misheard the poor guy and I asked ""XXX amount?", the guy said, no "YYY amount". I about spit my water when he confirmed the price. No way I was paying RETAIL from another dealer. Which now gets me in the mood to order a full crate of Mosin's, of better quality, for considerably less.

When you do let me know a price .

Top Bottom