• does he walk or get charged?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Updated info in the article I linked Monday:

"UPDATE: It would appear that this tragic event, as new facts continue to be revealed, is a pretty textbook case of involuntary manslaughter under New Mexico law. Per the New Mexico Supreme Court:

“All that it is necessary to establish for involuntary manslaughter by the use of a loaded firearm is that a defendant had in his hands a gun which at some time had been loaded and that he handled it, whether drunk, drinking or sober, without due caution and circumspection and that death resulted.”

State v. Gilliam, 288 P.2d 675 (NM Sup. Ct. 1955)"

Also from the article:

"Under New Mexico law involuntary
    manslaughter is a fourth-degree felony normally punishable by up to 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine."

As I opined previously, Alec Baldwin should be warming a jail cell already.
    take a deep breath;

charges dropped against baldwin...

who would have thunk it?

liberals are never responsible for their actions, but if he was a maga conservative, it would be a different story... prove me wrong

So, back in October 2021, it was clearly a felony.

Slow-forward to today, this is from the broken-linked article above:
    “David Halls, the first assistant director for the film, was sentenced last month to six months unsupervised probation as part of a plea deal. Halls, who handed the Colt .45 revolver to Baldwin prior to the shooting, was charged with negligent use of a deadly weapon.”

So, David Halls, the guy who handed the dumbass overactor the gun, got charged, found guilty, and was sentenced: six months probation for negligent use of a deadly weapon. For just HANDING IT TO HIM.

And now, the arrogant SOB who took the deadly weapon, Failed to check it, and then proceeded to point it and FIRE it AT a PERSON, and Killed her And wounded a second guy, now has all charges dropped?

WTF?

Let this global powder keg light off already.
    Society’s “rules” are too broken...

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Two words: DEMOCRAT VOTER.

Ever heard the B.S. about "illegal machine guns", "SBRs", and NOW, even a PISTOL with a BRACE exposing you to harsh penalties for violations, including imprisonment of up to 10 years, a fine of up to $250,000, or both?. Yeah... that doesn't apply to DEMOCRATS, either. Check out the vid below, but note that the title appears to be incorrect. I don't think he was released from prison, he was given probation in lieu of prison!

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the AFT was in on the mass importation of Glock switches... sort of a "Fast and Furious v.2". You know, more of the old "Problem - Reaction - Solution" game. Maybe even they were just doing it to entrap people, but lost control... just like Fast and Furious!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i somehow knew this would happen.... blue state, blue gov, blue actor, ...no charge

Kyle Rittenhouse anyone? 17 year old that crossed state lines to “intervene” in a situation that didn’t involve him and shot 3 folks, killing two. Then the kid bragged about it and does the Fox News rounds now after his acquittal.

Short term memory on a lot of folks when political football team alignments come into play.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Kyle Rittenhouse anyone? 17 year old that crossed state lines to “intervene” in a situation that didn’t involve him and shot 3 folks, killing two. Then the kid bragged about it and does the Fox News rounds now after his acquittal.

Short term memory on a lot of folks when political football team alignments come into play.
    Uhm, clear-cut SELF-DEFENSE? BIG difference.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Uhm, clear-cut SELF-DEFENSE? BIG difference.

I don’t think you understand self-defense.

If I armed myself, drove from Pensacola to Mobile, inserted myself into a heightened situation that did not involve me, and THEN shot 3 locals as a resilt, that is not self-defense. That is going out and looking for a problem.

If someone broke into my home and threatened me with violence and I shot them, that is self-defense.

A 17 year old child with a rifle killing someone is old enough to do adult time, and his parents should be locked up for not doing their job.

In this Rust situation, the armorers involved in production should get locked up and their business seized.

The only reason you don’t see Rittenhouse as culpable for his actions, but an actor untrained in proper firearm handling guilty of his (instead of the people that provided the arms and live ammo) is because of political leanings.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The only reason you don’t see Rittenhouse as culpable for his actions, but an actor untrained in proper firearm handling guilty of his (instead of the people that provided the arms and live ammo) is because of political leanings.
    no, the reason he should have faced charges was because it was a clear breach of the law as on the nm books..

he walked because of influence.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    no, the reason he should have faced charges was because it was a clear breach of the law as on the nm books..

he walked because of influence.
    If Baldwin had supplied the firearm/ammunition, been responsible for it’s safe function, and been in charge of accountability for the firearms on set, I would totally agree with you.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If Baldwin had supplied the firearm/ammunition, been responsible for it’s safe function, and been in charge of accountability for the firearms on set, I would totally agree with you.
    the way i was raised, you don't point a gun at someone and pull the trigger without certifying for yourself that it is empty

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

If I armed myself, drove from Pensacola to Mobile, inserted myself into a heightened situation that did not involve me, and THEN shot 3 locals as a resilt, that is not self-defense. That is going out and looking for a problem.

If someone broke into my home and threatened me with violence and I shot them, that is self-defense.

A 17 year old child with a rifle killing someone is old enough to do adult time, and his parents should be locked up for not doing their job.

In this Rust situation, the armorers involved in production should get locked up and their business seized.

Huh?

You are grossly misinformed.
    Rittenhouse was protecting his community. Yeah, HIS community. “State lines” doesn’t mean the same thing if the state line is within a few miles. He was attacked. He defended himself. He didn’t “insert” himself aggressively into a crowd of innocents and pick a fight. He went to help his community against a mob of out-of-town THUGS and lowlifes determined to literally burn everything and break stuff and hurt people. Rittenhouse deserves a medal.

Baldwin committed a FELONY according to state laws. PERIOD. He handled a firearm and killed someone with it. STATE LAW calls that involuntary manslaughter. Not our opinion, definitely not yours. His self-perpetuated IGNORANCE of firearms is Irrelevant, in this case.

Him being a pompous libtard is just redundant info.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Huh?

You are grossly misinformed.
    Rittenhouse was protecting his community. Yeah, HIS community. “State lines” doesn’t mean the same thing if the state line is within a few miles. He was attacked. He defended himself. He didn’t “insert” himself aggressively into a crowd of innocents and pick a fight. He went to help his community against a mob of out-of-town THUGS and lowlifes determined to literally burn everything and break stuff and hurt people. Rittenhouse deserves a medal.

Baldwin committed a FELONY according to state laws. PERIOD. He handled a firearm and killed someone with it. STATE LAW calls that involuntary manslaughter. Not our opinion, definitely not yours. His self-perpetuated IGNORANCE of firearms is Irrelevant, in this case.

Him being a pompous libtard is just redundant info.

It was not his community. You can spin this any way you wish, but it doesn’t change the fact that a child armed himself and then inserted himself into a potentially dangerous situation to take matters into his own hands. This is vigilantism, not justice.

Next time someone breaks into your neighbor’s house, give me a call and I’ll head over and shoot the guy, then brag about it to some folks in a bar. I’m sure the judge will understand.

I’m not a fan of Baldwin’s, but his ignorance of firearms in this situation is paramount to a criminal case. If it were his own firearm and he was ignorant of its operation and safe handling, I would totally back a manslaughter charge. The armorer of this film is responsible for the safe handling of firearms and associated items on the set, IT IS LITERALLY WHAT THEY ARE PAID FOR.

Anyway. I doubt my opinions are gonna sway the thought process of someone that uses “libtard” as a pejorative, but that’s my 2.5 cents.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

He has had gun training for some of his roles .He had said so in earlier interviews ., If someone handed you a gun ( no matter if you trusted them and they said it was unloaded ? Would you point it at someone and pull the trigger ? Please let us know . In this case it was a SA revolver .

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    He literally was. He was the executive producer and overseen the hiring and firing, and supervision of all contractors there.
    He's basically what we know as a general contractor of a job. He's responsible for everything that happens on that job/set. He also just happened to be an actor on the set also.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    He literally was. He was the executive producer and overseen the hiring and firing, and supervision of all contractors there.
    He's basically what we know as a general contractor of a job. He's responsible for everything that happens on that job/set. He also just happened to be an actor on the set also.
    Don't let facts get in the way of the emotional argument and the attempt to bring up an entirely unrelated Firearm use... :rolleyes:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Don't let facts get in the way of the emotional argument and the attempt to bring up an entirely unrelated Firearm use... :rolleyes:
    Yeah. Saying no one should travel to uphold laws, protect property, and preserve lives of others is illegal, makes every soldier... ever!, a criminal too lol.
    But yeah good point...
    Carry on folks lol

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It was not his community. You can spin this any way you wish, but it doesn’t change the fact that a child armed himself and then inserted himself into a potentially dangerous situation to take matters into his own hands. This is vigilantism, not justice.

Next time someone breaks into your neighbor’s house, give me a call and I’ll head over and shoot the guy, then brag about it to some folks in a bar. I’m sure the judge will understand.

I’m not a fan of Baldwin’s, but his ignorance of firearms in this situation is paramount to a criminal case. If it were his own firearm and he was ignorant of its operation and safe handling, I would totally back a manslaughter charge. The armorer of this film is responsible for the safe handling of firearms and associated items on the set, IT IS LITERALLY WHAT THEY ARE PAID FOR.

Anyway. I doubt my opinions are gonna sway the thought process of someone that uses “libtard” as a pejorative, but that’s my 2.5 cents.

I’d like to offer the option of just setting the “Rittenhouse” issue aside, since it has ZERO bearing on the topic of this thread, which is Alec Baldwin SHOOTING two people. However, you are the one who erroneously equated the two events in the first place.

So, how about we deal with the “half” of your argument that directly relates to this thread, first? Alec Baldwin.
    You seem to be arguing that since you think he doesn’t know anything about firearms and there were other people on set who are paid to deal that, then his misuse of the firearm isn’t his fault? Is that an accurate summary of your position?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah. Saying no one should travel to uphold laws, protect property, and preserve lives of others is illegal, makes every soldier... ever!, a criminal too lol.
    But yeah good point...
    Carry folks

Remind me which one Rittenhouse was. Law enforcement or military?

He was literally the only one that killed anybody in that entire debacle.

Listen. This whole thing goes back to someone stating that this is because Baldwin is an outspoken liberal and was let off the hook due to his political alignment. Are you saying that the kid that shot 3 people and then did the conservative talk show parade isn’t conservative?

Rules for thee but not for me, right?

If anything, hopefully this will bring about a change in the use of live firearms in film production.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’d like to offer the option of just setting the “Rittenhouse” issue aside, since it has ZERO bearing on the topic of this thread, which is Alec Baldwin SHOOTING two people. However, you are the one who erroneously equated the two events in the first place.

So, how about we deal with the “half” of your argument that directly relates to this thread, first? Alec Baldwin.
    You seem to be arguing that since you think he doesn’t know anything about firearms and there were other people on set who are paid to deal that, then his misuse of the firearm isn’t his fault? Is that an accurate summary of your position?
    That is accurate, if you want to play semantics.

He is an ACTOR playing a ROLE. He was handed a live firearm with live ammunition for a PRETEND scene in a MOVIE by someone whose sole responsibility it was to make sure something like that did not happen. As an ACTOR, was he to fire a test round somewhere to ensure it was blanks and not live ammunition? This was not a “misuse of a firearm,” he did exactly what was in the script.

This is the armorer’s responsibility. It should have been taken care of before the firearm even reached the set. Did he pull the trigger? Absolutely. But he did not prepare the prop firearm for the make believe scene. If you want to charge someone, charge the armorers. I’d even one-up it and hit them with negligent homicide as well as an involuntary manslaughter charge and then hit them with a pile of federal FFL charges.

Anyone else here worked on a film set? It’s an effort defined by very specific teams that each bring a different expertise to produce a complete project. If that woman had been killed by a lighting rig falling on her, you’d be damn sure the rigging company would get sued into oblivion.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Remind me which one Rittenhouse was. Law enforcement or military?

He was literally the only one that killed anybody in that entire debacle.

Listen. This whole thing goes back to someone stating that this is because Baldwin is an outspoken liberal and was let off the hook due to his political alignment. Are you saying that the kid that shot 3 people and then did the conservative talk show parade isn’t conservative?

Rules for thee but not for me, right?

If anything, hopefully this will bring about a change in the use of live firearms in film production.

Top Bottom