• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I got my new budget 6.8 build completed. Still need a muzzle brake and thinking on installing the sig sauer arm brace. Also have a magpul moe grip for it, but it's in O.D. Green, so I need to Cerakote it black before putting it on. HOG's BEWARE!

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL, it's just temporary. This scope will eventually go on my 6.8 rifle build and when I get the money will put a red dot on the pistol.

May just put the mbus sights on it instead.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That looks great! I've been toying with the idea of doing a 6.8 pistol upper. If you don't mind sharing your build list and spec.'s you went with for the upper, I'd really appreciate any info. Thanks

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Django, the hardest thing is to find the barrel you want, Mine is a 8.5" Bison, out of production. The upper is the same as a rifle w a shorter handguard and barrel and pistol gas system. I believe anything 10.5" + are carbine gas systems please verify that.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Django, the hardest thing is to find the barrel you want, Mine is a 8.5" Bison, out of production. The upper is the same as a rifle w a shorter handguard and barrel and pistol gas system. I believe anything 10.5" + are carbine gas systems please verify that.

I agree, the barrel and it's spec's are the biggest decisions. I wonder why the Bison 8.5" went extinct (moot)? I run a 10.5" 1/7 twist 5.56 upper on my pistol now and it runs excellent, but would like to get something with more punch and shorter. The 2 most logical choices seem to be either 6.8 or 300 B.O.. .458 seemed enticing at first but then there is the issue of ammo (I'm not a re-loader) and availability. Thanks for the input. To o.p., sorry if this feels like a hijack but would really like to hear more details about your build. Thanks again.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotcha, I guess if I go the 6.8 route I need to hunt with patience (not one of my strong points,lol). Frank, what twist rate should I be looking for in a 7.5"? Any particular brand/roll marks I should be looking for?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am thinking all the pistol barrel makers in the 6.8 market are good to go. Ben at Bison said he had no intention to start making the 8.5 any time soon. Try Noveske, watch the 6.8 forum classifieds ARP has a 10 or 11"

Top Bottom