• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That looks great! I've been toying with the idea of doing a 6.8 pistol upper. If you don't mind sharing your build list and spec.'s you went with for the upper, I'd really appreciate any info. Thanks

Frank found the barrel, bolt, gas block and gas tube for me on 68forum. It's a LW 7.5" stainless barrel.
    PSA stripped upper and lower. Blackhawk LPK. PSA upper build kit. ATI carbine length for end. Tac 5 pistol buffer tube with carbine length spewing and buffer.

I plan on putting in a better trigger, getting a good red dot, and using a h2 buffer. Still need to find a muzzle brake.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank found the barrel, bolt, gas block and gas tube for me on 68forum. It's a LW 7.5" stainless barrel.
    PSA stripped upper and lower. Blackhawk LPK. PSA upper build kit. ATI carbine length for end. Tac 5 pistol buffer tube with carbine length spewing and buffer.

I plan on putting in a better trigger, getting a good red dot, and using a h2 buffer. Still need to find a muzzle brake.

Thanks! I recently picked up an Eotech from a trade. I put it on my 5.56 pistol and love it, I hope to sight it in today. I went with the tac 5 pistol buffer as well and works as is so I'm going to leave it alone. I was considering a flaming pig muzzle break but they are proud of them plus I wanted to keep it light and they seem a little heavy and mine cycles fine with a standard so I have it on the back burner.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I mean using for hunting is there a limit like a rifle? Or do you mean yours has a 25rd mag?

I have researched and cannot find the exact details on handgun hunting mag restrictions.if I am to hunt deer with a 1911 or glock 10mm there is no 5 round magazine, so I e-mailed FWC asking what the deer hunting regulation are for hunting in Florida with a handgun and if the AR pistol falls under the same rules considering it is legally a pistol. I'll keep you posted once they respond.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks! I recently picked up an Eotech from a trade. I put it on my 5.56 pistol and love it, I hope to sight it in today. I went with the tac 5 pistol buffer as well and works as is so I'm going to leave it alone. I was considering a flaming pig muzzle break but they are proud of them plus I wanted to keep it light and they seem a little heavy and mine cycles fine with a standard so I have it on the back burner.

I would love to have an Eotech, but they are a little rich for my blood. The flaming pig is what I want as well. I want something to direct the energy and sound down range instead of out to the sides. Let us know how she shoots when you sight it in.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Eotech would have been hard for me to justify but in a trade situation it was less painful. Not going to be able to make it to the range today and tomorrow looks like rain. Oh well.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Look what just came up on the 6.8 forum!

8.5" Bison 6.8 Barrel and Stuff FS

Yeah, I know I will regret it but need to fix sewer more than have this pistol....so..

Less than 100 rounds down barrel, mostly at my 100 yard range, ringing steel gongs.
    8.5" Bison 6.8 barrel - blued
    Steel gas block and pistol length tube from Bison
    BRT Linear comp from Bison
    ARP 6.8 SuperBolt
    $300.00 shipped in CONUS
    Paypal gift preferred.
    First reply post here gets first shot.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look what just came up on the 6.8 forum!

8.5" Bison 6.8 Barrel and Stuff FS

Yeah, I know I will regret it but need to fix sewer more than have this pistol....so..

Less than 100 rounds down barrel, mostly at my 100 yard range, ringing steel gongs.
    8.5" Bison 6.8 barrel - blued
    Steel gas block and pistol length tube from Bison
    BRT Linear comp from Bison
    ARP 6.8 SuperBolt
    $300.00 shipped in CONUS
    Paypal gift preferred.
    First reply post here gets first shot.

That thing was gone quick!

Top Bottom