• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In a discussion once with a locksmith he thought having very well hidden secured place was in general better than a super safe. But if they know you have it, then eventually it will be found if there is time or if they have you and four family to persuade that is another way of getting it.
    Advertising an extensive gun collection or anything of great value is not wise.

I would assume that most but all of us on this forum have a pretty good gun collection.... :) So better get off of here!!!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would assume that most but all of us on this forum have a pretty good gun collection.... :) So better get off of here!!!

The response is not completely without merit and guns are often a target for thieves.
    Say I own 8 guns and someone steals them. Let us say the market value is 3-4 K dollars. The thief has to sell what he/she/it steals and very often stolen goods are sold for less than their true market value. Also the mere possession of guns by a felon is prison time upon conviction. Cash if it is not counterfeit is valued at what ever is printed on it by the US mint by everyone and is highly sought after by nearly everyone.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So , my $9 and forty three cents isn’t safe in my sock drawer?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I think what he's saying is that given a choice between a $15,000 gun and $15,000 cash a thief will take the cash every time. Easier to use, easier to carry and for the most part untraceable.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What hasn't been said: Information (such as a combination, codes, passwords, keys) is only secure to the level of resistance maintained against the escalating ruthlessness of those that want it. I don't think this needs elaboration.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What hasn't been said: Information (such as a combination, codes, passwords, keys) is only secure to the level of resistance maintained against the escalating ruthlessness of those that want it. I don't think this needs elaboration.
    Being ambushed is always a concern. It is very easy to go around in condition brown.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is not so important if you do or do not have something of value. What is important is that no one thinks you have something. A few years ago in pensacola there was a home invasion of an autodealer with him and his wife being killed and I do not believe that any money got taken. Killers just thought they had something, but they got the wrong safe that was hidden. Literally it was many people that were involved all on the basis of rumors. If you look at me and my place I look exactly like what I am, a mean poor person with a gun. You come and there is not so much to steal and you could lose your life.

Search Results
    Web results

Murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Murders_of_Byrd_and_Melanie_Billings
    Charges, first-degree murder and home invasion robbery. Home town, Beulah, Florida, U.S.. The murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings occurred on or about July 9, 2009, in Pensacola, Florida, United States. Byrd Billings, 66, and his wife, Melanie, 43, were found shot to death on July ... Seven men were charged with first-degree murder and home invasion .

Perpetrators

A total of eight people were convicted for planning and participating in the crimes. The five criminals who entered the Billings' home, the two criminals who drove the getaway vehicles, and the criminal who helped dispose of the stolen property, were all found/pled guilty and received the following sentences:[19][20]

Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. – jury conviction of two death penalties for two counts of first-degree murder and a life sentence for one count of home invasion robbery with a firearm.
    Donnie Stallworth – two consecutive life sentences for two counts first-degree murder, lengthy prison sentence for one count of home invasion robbery with a firearm (effectively permanent life in prison).
    Wayne Coldiron – two consecutive life sentences for two counts first-degree murder, lengthy prison sentence for one count of home invasion robbery with a firearm (effectively permanent life in prison).
    Frederick Thornton – plea agreement, and testified against co-defendants, resulting in two concurrent 40-year sentences for two counts second-degree murder, concurrent 22-year sentence for one count of home invasion robbery with a firearm (totals 22 years in prison then 18 years' probation).
    Rakeem Florence – plea agreement, and testified against co-defendants, resulting in two concurrent 45-year sentences for two counts second-degree murder, concurrent 24-year sentence for one count of home invasion robbery with a firearm (totals 24 years in prison then 21 years' probation).
    Gary Sumner – back of house getaway driver, plea agreement resulting in two concurrent 20-year sentences for two counts second-degree murder, concurrent 20-year sentence for one count of home invasion robbery with a firearm.
    Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Sr. – front of house getaway driver, plea agreement resulting in two concurrent 17½-year sentences for two counts second-degree murder, concurrent 17½-year sentence for one count of home invasion robbery with a firearm.
    Pamela Long-Wiggins – jury conviction resulting in concurrent 28-year and 12-year sentences for two counts of accessory after the fact to a felony.

Leonard Gonzalez Sr. died on June 13, 2015 in prison.[21] Pamela Long-Wiggins died on July 24, 2015 in prison.[22]

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) The suspects who robbed and killed a Florida couple in July made off with a safe that contained few valuables, but missed a second safe that held $164,000 in cash, a lawyer for the victims' family acknowledged Tuesday.

"Contrary to rumors of as much as $12 million in the home the night of the murders, the second safe contained $164,000 in cash, some antique jewelry and assorted legal documents," Robert Beasley, the attorney for the slain Panhandle couple, said in a statement.

The safe that was stolen from the home of Byrd and Melanie Billings contained only their children's prescription medications, family documents and jewelry with sentimental value, officials have said.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All this talk about home invasions... I went ahead and moved the 15k cash to the bank today. There ya go safe and sound in the bank. I think. :(

You can find it at Navy Federal if you want it.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LOL, FDIC insured. What could go wrong?

Hell I need to invest about 500k in stock with it going down like it is... Also looking at buying another house right now. Good time to invest for sure.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just get in with Rep. D fienstine. She predicted the fall before it happened somehow? and sold off 7+ mil. She's smart huh?

Her and the others that flagrantly do shit like that need to be thrown out of office. At one time Congress caught so much crap for doing insider trading: Voter pressure pushed the to pass a Law making the practice illegal. A short time later, Congress attached a "Rider" to a popular bipartisan Bill and killed the language that made it illegal "for them". Went right back to business as usual.

Top Bottom