• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to the news if you earn less than &75K you will get $1200. You will get $500 per kid. People earning up to $98K will get a lesser amount.
    I think I should get a check for my dogs. They are certainly needy. DSCF1990.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1990.JPG
      DSCF1990.JPG
      597.7 KB · Views: 306

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dog have a ruff night?

He has a ruff night in like ruff ruff bow bow as he tears around my 8 acre place looking for intruders. Prior to getting him the others never got anything. He kills things that enter property and I hear barking at all hours of the night and he also really loves a doghouse. Sometimes he rather stay in it than come inside.

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nobody's screaming about deficit spending right now- both parties now want to buy votes with our own tax dollars, imo. There will come a day of reckoning over this, but I agree that action is needed NOW. Just afraid of a resultant collapse when the dollar implodes & another world currency takes it's place...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am worried about the spending also. Just how much did Obama have to spend on the Bail out when fixing the housing bubble burst.
    One figure that i saw
    By those calculations, the total direct cost of crisis-related bailouts on a fair value basis was about $498 billion, which amounted to 3.5 percent of gross domestic product in 2009. https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/heres-how-much-2008-bailouts-really-cost
    But I am not really sure. This one with the check in mail to every tax paying household should be easier to calculate.
    An anti-Trump paper says:
    Search Results
    Web results

Trump administration seeks roughly $850 billion stimulus ...
    www.washingtonpost.com › trump-coronavirus-stimulus-package
    3 days ago - For more free stories, sign up for our daily Coronavirus Updates newsletter. ... The overall price tag of the package could be around $1 trillion, Mnuchin ... The White House's support of the cash payment idea, which has won

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do we know the Checks are only going to "Tay Payers"? Surely the dems would have pushed for free money for their entire voter base including illegal aliens. [Not sarc].

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do we know the Checks are only going to "Tay Payers"? Surely the dems would have pushed for free money for their entire voter base including illegal aliens. [Not sarc].

I certainly do not know. The news suggested that the 2018 tax returns were going to be used for determining the recipients.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I think those with no, or little tax liability, will get $600, if they earned at least $2500

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I certainly do not know. The news suggested that the 2018 tax returns were going to be used for determining the recipients.

That's my impression, too. And if you didn't file in '18, they'll use the '19 returns if available. Basing it on your returns (i.e. lawful income) is probably what's holding up the negotiations in the senate, even as I write this.....

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With the Left's track record, I can't see them not holding out for "income equality" on this Check; for the non-earners and illegals they pay other benefits to.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A week ago I withdrew $5000. ( in 50's) from checking and it is stored in an EXTREMELY safe place.
    Just in case. --- SAWMAN

I always keep around 15k of cash in a safe that is in another big 1800 lb safe... Well that is my mad gun money.

There is no way we are getting any money from the govt. If you make too much you an't getting sh^%&&%$...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always keep around 15k of cash in a safe that is in another big 1800 lb safe... Well that is my mad gun money.

There is no way we are getting any money from the govt. If you make too much you an't getting sh^%&&%$...

LOL, just where is it that you live and where is that safe.

Honestly, I would not be mentioning such sums.

I know there are people that have access to large sums of money. I remember a 'story' i was told by a gundealer that when living in Kentucky years ago that answered an ad to buy a Luger. So he showed up after a phone call and made the the seller a reasonable offer. The seller thought the offer to be fair. Then the seller, a retired combat colonel from WWII (this was years ago) took him to room that was full of German WWII military items including a regimental flag. He was told, for $50,000 grand he could have it all. The buyer did not have 50K that in those days was a lot of money. But, he knew what some would call an illegitimate capitalist (Gangster) that likely had that cash money on hand; we are taking about about a very lucrative buy. He called this man and he sent his wife over to get the money. He got the 50K, made the deal and paid off the gangster. His wife did remark that the lady that answered the door was not wearing much in the way of clothes and she wanted to know a bit more about how he knew these people lol.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LOL, just where is it that you live and where is that safe.

Honestly, I would not be mentioning such sums.

I know there are people that have access to large sums of money. I remember a 'story' i was told by a gundealer that when living in Kentucky years ago that answered an ad to buy a Luger. So he showed up after a phone call and made the the seller a reasonable offer. The seller thought the offer to be fair. Then the seller, a retired combat colonel from WWII (this was years ago) took him to room that was full of German WWII military items including a regimental flag. He was told, for $50,000 grand he could have it all. The buyer did not have 50K that in those days was a lot of money. But, he knew what some would call an illegitimate capitalist (Gangster) that likely had that cash money on hand; we are taking about about a very lucrative buy. He called this man and he sent his wife over to get the money. He got the 50K, made the deal and paid off the gangster. His wife did remark that the lady that answered the door was not wearing much in the way of clothes and she wanted to know a bit more about how he knew these people lol.

Good story...

This safe is not your store bought Chinese safe or Liberty model either. It was custom ordered Fort Knox and designed to drastically slow down even trying to torch you way into it. Was not cheap either and weighs a frigging alot. Has to be professionally moved and installed. The only down side to it...

The most expensive option was the... Optional 304 Stainless Steel Safe Liner. Over the double deluxe package I got also.

Optional 304 Stainless Steel Safe Liner is Corrosion resistant and self-healing in oxygen, 304 Stainless Steel rapidly dissipates heat and when used properly and in proper quantity is impervious to torch cutting, providing superior security and protection where torch cutting may occur.

Also has the most cutting edge S&G mech lock money can buy installed. Most safe locks give you a two to three digit margin of error. They do this because most people are lazy and want to be able to open there safe easy. They might be still an S&G lock but they are all not made the same. I was thinking of putting a Kaba Mas Hamilton Cencon ATM style Lock. I have two new ones in the box but when I worked for NCR and saw the failure rate on them I decided not too.

Good one to keep the Class 3 stuff in also.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good story...

This safe is not your store bought Chinese safe or Liberty model either. It was custom ordered Fort Knox and designed to drastically slow down even trying to torch you way into it. Was not cheap either and weighs a frigging alot. Has to be professionally moved and installed. The only down side to it...

The most expensive option was the... Optional 304 Stainless Steel Safe Liner. Over the double deluxe package

Optional 304 Stainless Steel Safe Liner is Corrosion resistant and self-healing in oxygen, 304 Stainless Steel rapidly dissipates heat and when used properly and in proper quantity is impervious to torch cutting, providing superior security and protection where torch cutting may occur.

I still wouldn’t put that information out. I know people that keep similar amounts or more but they don’t post it simply because of fear of robbery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I still wouldn’t put that information out. I know people that keep similar amounts or more but they don’t post it simply because of fear of robbery.

I worry more about a fire than a robbery...

No different than you posting you own machine guns or guns at all... People like to steel them also. No different...

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I worry more about a fire than a robbery...

No different than you posting you own machine guns or guns at all... People like to steel them also. No different...

I know a guy that during the BP oil spill he would have almost half million in his safe, I joked that he should tie a cable to his safe one time, in case of fire he could snatch it out with a tractor before it burned up. Never understood why he kept that much but he did.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know a guy that during the BP oil spill he would have almost half million in his safe, I joked that he should tie a cable to his safe one time, in case of fire he could snatch it out with a tractor before it burned up. Never understood why he kept that much but he did.

Wow... Now that amount is in the bank... which is probably no safer than at home in a safe. LOL

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good story...

The most expensive option was the... Optional 304 Stainless Steel Safe Liner. Over the double deluxe package I got also.

Also has the most cutting edge S&G mech lock money can buy installed. Most safe locks give you a two to three digit margin of error. They do this because most people are lazy and want to be able to open there safe easy. They might be still an S&G lock but they are all not made the same. I was thinking of putting a Kaba Mas Hamilton Cencon ATM style Lock. I have two new ones in the box but when I worked for NCR and saw the failure rate on them I decided not too.

In a discussion once with a locksmith he thought having very well hidden secured place was in general better than a super safe. But if they know you have it, then eventually it will be found if there is time or if they have you and four family to persuade that is another way of getting it.
    Advertising an extensive gun collection or anything of great value is not wise.

Top Bottom