HD Tactical

Your Soc. Security, disability and medicare or exercising your 2nd amendment rights. Which would you choose?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is a thought experiment.

What if we end up having to make this choice.

After people think about it, would many even have a realistic choice? If those gov't "benefits" were taken, how many people could survive.

How weak and dependent have our citizens become?

Are we really just waiting for the gov't to take the steps?

Do you think the gov't understands these things?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I choose all three sir, it's are duty as americans to take care of are elderly, disabled and everyone that has earned it there are no reasons that we shouldn't. Are second amendment is protected by the constitution of the united states of America and shall not be infringed. No where does it say we the government, it says " we the people" and if necessary we will stand together and fall together. God bless America.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thank you for your thoughts.

I was making a different point.

What if the government gave you (yourself) the choice between receiving your benefits (money) or practicing your second amendment rights. Which would you (yourself) pick? Would you be forced to give up 2A rights so you could survive?

(They might do this by adding rules and regs not repealing laws or amending the Constitution--doing this in a low key way so as not to anger the masses too much- boiling the frog slowly)

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    My survival DEPENDS on my 2nd amendment right. For without it, our 1st amendment right would surely follow...

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I choose all three sir, it's are duty as americans to take care of are elderly, disabled and everyone that has earned it there are no reasons that we shouldn't. Are second amendment is protected by the constitution of the united states of America and shall not be infringed. No where does it say we the government, it says " we the people" and if necessary we will stand together and fall together. God bless America.

It is not the governments responsibility to take care of people with income and health care.

I am for people not being required to take care of their neighbors. Then you would be free to do so with your extra money - should you choose too.

This country would be better if it did not have those safety nets. Towns would take care of themselves and those who were undeserving of help would not get it.

While government programs exist then I am wholeheartedly for taking every dime you can get.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There a simple statement that read "DONT TREAD ON ME". Everybody will have there own opinion and that is your right protected by your first amendment

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Having to make that particular choice seems like an extremely unlikely scenario to me.

Hopefully- hard to predict the future- two years ago who would have thought we would have president Biden,

But if it did come to that, in your current situation, what would you choose? You do not need to reply as it is personal.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Doesn't people realize, Congress can change the rules at any time? And, when they do, what is there to do, other than VOTE different in the next election which may be 2-4 years away???

Think about it, I think I've said it here, before (or may have been on the other forum) "Never underestimate the power of hunger..."

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hopefully,
    But if it did come to that, in your current situation, what would you choose? You do not need to reply as it is personal.
    Maybe I'm just a dimwit, but I don't understand the premise for the question. Under what conditions might we be faced with this specific "either or" decision?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My social security and military retirement was EARNED. I WORKED TO EARN IT. IT IS NOT A HAND OUT.
    I DID NOT START DRAWING MY SOCIAL SECURITY BEFORE THE AGE OF 62.
    Before that . . is WELFARE.
    If the government attempts to deny me the money that is rightfully mine,there will be problems.
    I AM NOT A WELFARE LEECH !! --- SAWMAN

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My social security and military retirement was EARNED. I WORKED TO EARN IT. IT IS NOT A HAND OUT.
    I DID NOT START DRAWING MY SOCIAL SECURITY BEFORE THE AGE OF 62.
    Before that . . is WELFARE.
    If the government attempts to deny me the money that is rightfully mine,there will be problems.
    I AM NOT A WELFARE LEECH !! --- SAWMAN

What would you do? How much power do you really have to force them to write you a check if they chose not to?

How much do you depend on those checks? He who has the gold makes the rules.

Last edited:

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maybe I'm just a dimwit, but I don't understand the premise for the question. Under what conditions might we be faced with this specific "either or" decision?

Simple question, a thought experiment.

Exploring ideas and the levels of individual commitment. Opportunity to examine one's beliefs.

Like a work of fiction can help us examine our current life.

You do not need to participate :)

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It can be disturbing to realize how weak and vulnerable some of us are.

Some may believe they are strong and independent and maybe they were at one time but now......

Last edited:

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What would I do ?? I would quickly target the welfare leeches. --- SAWMAN
    I’ve always assumed that SS won’t be there when I turn 62

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good idea. Plan if it will not be there. If it is, its gravy. Likely checks will be given out. The question will be how much those checks buy. Best to try to not rely on them. Gives you a little freedom and options.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom