• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What was the inspiration/story behind your forum handle/name choice? I personally picked mine due to the fact that I live in Pensacola and I'm a Navy OIF/OEF/GWOT combat veteran. Not that deep. Pic related, me onboard the USNS Bridge (AOE-10) as a member of a VBSS (Visit, Board, Search and Seize) team OPERATING OPERATIONS IN AN OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENT.

As long as you're an OPERATOR OPERATING OPERATIONALLY then I suppose it's ok.

ETA- back in 1997ish when AOL was a thing I had to have a name. At that time I was a pretty hard core bow hunter and had just killed a 6-pt buck... thus Bowhntr6pt was born.

I've used it on just about everything to keep it simple.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mine is an old nickname from a very good friend. We used to have a regular poker night and played lots of golf together. His buddy used to get hammered drunk and had a hard time remembering my name. My homie told him "its like ger-rat". But in his stuper, "G-rat" was born some 28yrs ago.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I enjoy studying military history, & I took the name when I opened an ebay account in 1999. I started there by selling some leftover inventory (limited edition lithographs) from the (closed) military art gallery I operated for a few years while living in Alabama.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine is an old nickname from a very good friend. We used to have a regular poker night and played lots of golf together. His buddy used to get hammered drunk and had a hard time remembering my name. My homie told him "its like ger-rat". But in his stuper, "G-rat" was born some 28yrs ago.
    I actually assumed you were a government employee!

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Grew up in the suburbs of Jacksonville, spent weekends and summers on my parents farm in South Georgia. Moved to the Jacksonville beaches for several years after high school livin’ the beach life. Country boys weren’t common in the beach scene. I have a diverse personality blended of beach, country and city life.

Had the living room of one of my first apartments decorated one side with the typical beach house decor and the other side with deer mounts, turkey and deer art, a couple Terry Redlin prints my folks gave me.

One of the first parties I had there a couple of the beach girls were looking around and said my place looked very woodsy, so that became my nick name. 85 is the year I was blessed to be born in this great nation. A few forums I’ve been on woodsy was taken so had to add something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom