Patriot Mobile

Wouldn't a dealer rather sell you a gun instead of doing a transfer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    How much does FFL cost?

I believe it's $500 a year for class 1/2? It really depends on what type of FFL you choose. Now a days I'm under the impression you cannot get an Type 1/2 FFL unless you have had a store front for 6months and 20k worth of inventory. I don't believe this would apply to gun smiths that would operate under class 1?

Someone straighten me out.

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe it's $500 a year for class 1/2? It really depends on what type of FFL you choose. Now a days I'm under the impression you cannot get an Type 1/2 FFL unless you have had a store front for 6months and 20k worth of inventory. I don't believe this would apply to gun smiths that would operate under class 1?

Someone straighten me out.

not true. did not have any store front or inventory until after 4 months of the issuance of my license. Also, you need a FFL to purchase firearms from distributors. Think about the home based dealers also. No store front, majority have no to little inventory.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its 200.00/ 3 years and thats just for the licence..There is no such requirement,Class 1 is Pawnbrokers lic/FFL, Class two is firearms only.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Guys...some keep bringing up taxes on internet sales....only applies if the place you are buying from is in the same state where it is being shipped to...and it is a federally mandated item, not state as far as I know. I have bought online items and had them shipped to local FFL. When it comes to finding a deals on the net, I'm good at it. Any way you slice it, all of us are stimulating the economy both at the national and local level when we shop on the net...and use a local FFL. not too sure how FTF sales may be done if and when it is the law of the land...

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You are required to pay sales tax for items you purchase on the net that are not taxed on the sellers end. So when you factor the tax you owe plus the transfer fee the price differences is minimal.

WR is correct. Our "sales" tax is called a "sales and use" tax. The rate is the same. You're supposed to pay the use tax to the state on any items you buy from outside the state. Whether or not you're doing it, it's the law. I will not charge tax on the value of an item I'm transferring, FWIW.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I could never be a dealer, I have a hard time balancing a check book and getting my taxes in each year. I would go to jail the first time ATF/FDLE checked my records.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom