Why do Forum Members post statements that they disobey firearms laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why do Forum Members post statements that they disobey firearms laws? Some are due to a lack of knowledge or incorrect interpretation, some are posted just to see if they can put a burr under someones saddle. Others are blatant violations. I don't want to know you are breaking the law. What purpose does it serve? Bravado? Shock and Awe? I think it most likely will lead a rookie down the wrong path. Some gun control nut that knows the law, reads multiple posts here as being proponents for violations. Bad press at the least. Do as you want and be judged as you do, but please don't write a confessions on this Forum. The Right to remain silent isn't just for Miranda! What you say can and will bite you on the butt in certain circumstances. I'm sure most of you have some wis-bang IPS/IP scrambler. So your dirty laundry can't be easily tracked but......

Regards
    WR

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In case you havent noticed man the half-baked occupants that roam this earth arent too bright...

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The people that interoperate the gun laws differently than me are waaaaay down on my priority list of things that I worry about. I DO want to make sure that if there are any BATFE types sneaking around hear 'bouts I want them to understand right now that I never have and never will INTEND to brake ANY firearm law. But just so it is absolutely clear,if you meet me for a gun buy and your wearing a towel on your head,I will not sell you the gun. If you are so drunk that you are laying on your back,waving your arms to keep your balance,I will not sell you a gun. If you show up to buy a gun from me sweating and wearing handcuffs,I will not sell you a gun. If you show up to buy a gun from me and tell me that you are "actually" buying it for Captain Kirk of the Starship Enterprise and you will beam it up to him,I will not sell you a gun.

Show up to buy a gun from me,take a close look at the weapon,ask me questions about the weapon,talk about the weapon,hand me the cash,and have a good day. I am not a FFL,I cannot do a background check on you. My responsibility as a "normal" citizen is limited(IMO).

And by the way,Stanley,I do not have any Stinger Missiles,LAWS rockets,frag grenades,B-52 bombers,or thermonuclear weapons,that made that "other" forum crazy. I do have a sweet Beretta 950 Minx pistol to sell you though. Live long and prosper. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Private gun sales are private, right? Imagine having your CHL, being pulled over and your gun gets checked and comes back as stolen and you have no paperwork of the purchase. Just verify to cover yourself buying and selling.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think good dialogue about trading and carrying practices is beneficial to us as a community. But in this day and age, I just hope that everyone realizes that the Internet isn't exactly anonymous.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What gun? I am not selling no stinkin' gun! And every forum need a stanley so there is always an easy patsie to make fun of when you are feeling down for the day!

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <----bets we get at least 3 pages of opinions on this one too... I think Bill pretty much nailed it.I think it would be rediculously moronic to assume the BATF did not have knowledge of our presence,especially being that is is a public forum.With that being said I think we have a pretty darn good group of guys here and have yet to meet anyone that I would concider to be anything other than upright citizens.I really meen that.Some people I believe like to stir the proverbial pot.With that said,with all of us being gun owners,I would venture to say that you are PROBABLY 18 or older. If you made it to 18 being dumb enough to post your illegal acts please do the rest of us tax payers a favor and give more details ,it will cut down on the cost of your investigation and litigation that is definately inevitable..

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Consider carefully that thread and the contents of it. Do you think possibly that it may have been an 'agent' on a fishing expedition? Many of us gun enthusiasts trade at a rate that could be even busier than a slow gun dealer. Me, I don't make my living buying and selling guns and don't aquire them with a "profit" in mind. I do, however consider each gun purchase to be a long-term investment.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very
    Consider carefully that thread and the contents of it. Do you think possibly that it may have been an 'agent' on a fishing expedition? Many of us gun enthusiasts trade at a rate that could be even busier than a slow gun dealer. Me, I don't make my living buying and selling guns and don't aquire them with a "profit" in mind. I do, however consider each gun purchase to be a long-term investment.

VERY GOOD POINTS!

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What gun? I am not selling no stinkin' gun! And every forum need a stanley so there is always an easy patsie to make fun of when you are feeling down for the day!

Just glad i can cheer u up.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get a kick out of talking with you too Stanley, but not in a making fun of you kinda way. You're a just a funny guy.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get a kick out of talking with you too Stanley, but not in a making fun of you kinda way. You're a just a funny guy.

When you are talking about stanley it would be approite to put 3 N's in FUNNNY ! "Safety Second" Who else could have thunk that up?

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Speaking of the law i am currently looking for a FH 5.7 to aquire.Something about what the nick name of that gun is makes it a must have for me HAHahahahahahahahah

Thinking it is a must for that rainy day scene scenario ???

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Speaking of the law i am currently looking for a FH 5.7 to aquire.Something about what the nick name of that gun is makes it a must have for me HAHahahahahahahahah

Thinking it is a must for that rainy day scene scenario ???

I have a five seven, 5 20 round mags for it. And the just got matching PS90 with 10 50 round mags. I also ordered another 2k rounds for them recently. If you have any interest in them I'd start trying to find ammo now though...

Very neat guns, I need to get my form 1 prepared for the ps90 so that I can put the shorty barrel on it though....

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a five seven, 5 20 round mags for it. And the just got matching PS90 with 10 50 round mags. I also ordered another 2k rounds for them recently. If you have any interest in them I'd start trying to find ammo now though...

Very neat guns, I need to get my form 1 prepared for the ps90 so that I can put the shorty barrel on it though....

Why do u say start getting ammo now?
    And i have had lots of trouble finding a used one for sale within 1 hour drive time. I dont want to buy new its one of those guns i would like to keep private.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why do u say start getting ammo now?
    And i have had lots of trouble finding a used one for sale within 1 hour drive time. I dont want to buy new its one of those guns i would like to keep private.

Ammo has been very scarce for a while, unless you go to jay's and pay 42 dollars per box, which they have plenty of.

skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

No doubt guns will not get any cheaper. The average gun owner probably doesn't buy guns thinking thay are going to make a living at it. Of course it is hard to turn a good deal down for the right gun. Good point, long term guns are a good investment for the right models.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i guess the conversation in the begining of this thread is about me. People have sent me messages that I have a right to my opinion etc. I am not offering my opinion, I merely tried to point out to so many of you that the ATF website states the me buying from multiple states, in person, without an FFl is legal. If you don't like that its legal, see your congressman. It's not ny opinion, its fact.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom