APOD Firearms

Why do folks toss out challenges on the internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not much of a rifle guy. Any skill I have with a rifle is a byproduct of my handgun practice! I keep meaning to go to a class and at least get some basic knowledge of precision rifle, but I have yet to actually do it.

At least I had the satisfaction of watching a video where Pat Mac said a good bit of handgun skills will translate to rifle stuff, but the opposite is not true.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1/8 moa is ridiculously small! .130” group or .375” over all with a .243” bullet. That’s getting very close to single digit size groups. Since this has turned into a measuring contest, I’m sure someone will step up with some photos and claims. Here is a good read for those that envy that type of precision https://precisionrifleblog.com/2013...-warehouse-lessons-in-extreme-rifle-accuracy/
    With Todays improvements in firearms & ammo, even this group isn't small enough.

Attachments

• mac00903.jpg
      mac00903.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 41

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    yeah...my shooting buddy laughs at me...says it doesn't matter what I do to help you...you are going to send one in the ribs before you sent two to the heart

it doesn't really matter how many good targets get posted...there are probably just as many that aren't that didn't get a picture taken.

I remember making a guy pay me for a bullet I shot. We were filling up a feeder when I hear him say..."Bet you can hit that" I turn around and look and ask him hit what? That Armadillo...ahh now I see it running across the field. I grab the .45-70 of my 4-wheeler and sent it. I had no idea it would make 2 halves...told him you owe me $3 for that bullet.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew I could count on you but we got to get you some new content. Seeing the same 5 photos in each thread is getting old
    Come on over and shoot me a better group than that and I'll post yours? I've been attempting to best Mac's group since he shot it, without avail. LOL. Then along come some kid and bingo, Mac's group is a has been. Frowning emoji.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yup the minute I got miraged I found out what devotion service by the direction of ComNavKitchenSink was going take. SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED! Blinded me, just like mirage. LOL.
    Pussyfur Fog and Mirage are 2 different things...both strong in their own right

Jkelly1229

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know better than to call anybody out. I’m a decent shot at best. I read about these guys on the internet that are putting all 6 shots in a 4” circle at 200 yards with their Super Blackhawk .44s and I know to back off.
    Yeah but i can put all 6 in a circle 201 flip a shell into the air catch it behind my back in the next cylinder and put that round in the center of my circle

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    don't take this the wrong way but... this is coming from a member that calls out a bunch of members in every other post in some fashion?! if you want to have a range day, call it that. don't start by calling out members saying they call others out. jmho, ymmv.
    Hey, I don't call out anyone. But I may challenge others to hit the range and perform on paper the once upon a time deeds they claim to have done on a daily basis. Once they perform said deeds every day over the course of time attested by other forum members, then perhaps I'll question why they would be motivated to perform such deeds afield. Check the record G-rat. It's usually a response to taunting that gets a response from me. Don't believe that I've been the antagonist on any post nowadays. YMMV.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Hey, I don't call out anyone. But I may challenge others to hit the range and perform on paper the once upon a time deeds they claim to have done on a daily basis. Once they perform said deeds every day over the course of time attested by other forum members, then perhaps I'll question why they would be motivated to perform such deeds afield. Check the record G-rat. It's usually a response to taunting that gets a response from me. Don't believe that I've been the antagonist on any post nowadays. YMMV.
    Revisionist history. You do you guy...

Top Bottom