• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I believe you JJ. I caught a call once, shooting on HWY 98 near Navy Hospital.

Turned out two older men were feuding over an ole gal, and the loser pulled alongside the winner with his passenger window down and stuck a 12 gauge loaded with birdshot over the window sill as he passed and pulled one off.

Victim drifted off the road and a nurse on her way to work stopped to assist. When I got there he had passed. His face and neck on the left side looked like it had been scrapped with a box grater with the fine side.

The nurse said as she opened the door he started to fall out, when she caught him to keep him stable his head tilted back into the car and blood shot out of several of the punctures in his neck. He passed soon after, and EMS transported but he could not be revived.

Would not be my first choice, but it beats using the scattergun as a club!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Figured it was more of a "first shot already in the barrel" for a semi/pump, or a break-barrel action kind of round.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The loctite is not theory , have done it also you can use other type of glues . some the older folks would put syrup in they shell used in turkey shoots . to help hold they pattern tighter to win,, This why the turkey shoot started furnishing the shells. Did it work don't know have never tried it. Don't know why I haven't. Just my 5 cents jj

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently one can open a shot shell and dump out the birdshot put buckshot or what ever in the shell and close it back up. Dimes are not a good idea lol.
    Some take the birdshot and mix it with wax and put it back in. Makes a supper glaser safety slug.
    I was just given a few 65 caliber round balls that I want to try it in a buck and ball load.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When you start replacing the birdshot with other things it makes you think if people take into account the amount of powder in them low brass shells. Granted I don't think you're going to squib a smooth bore shotgun, but more in the aspect of hitting the target effectively.

I'm more of a fan of #4 Turkey as the first one out, then 00Buck from there. Or 1 Buck, just depends on what I'm in the mood for and how far I have to reach.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Goto the youtubes and search for "taofledermaus".

He has a TON of videos about modifying 12ga shells, testing in different media, accuracy, etc.
    Slow-mo video. Decent info. Worth a perusal...

Lots of options for transforming a skeet-shooter pill.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A lot of firearms were purchased in 2020, a lot of shotguns. Bird shot is about the only thing available for people getting their first shotgun unless they can chamber 3 1/2 shells.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Goto the youtubes and search for "taofledermaus".

He has a TON of videos about modifying 12ga shells, testing in different media, accuracy, etc.
    Slow-mo video. Decent info. Worth a perusal...

Lots of options for transforming a skeet-shooter pill.
    At 100 yards accurate to minute of man.

1611506776117.png

Lost Arts Part 3- Wax Slugs

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Told sawman to get it up would use my place and help put it to gather.
    Would this be more like a class with demonstrations? Would we be expected to bring anything. I not would mind paying something if it was well done.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have about 5 totes of OF Win AA hulls in 12ga. Might have enough shot, wads and powder to throw you a flat together and a MEC Progressive...swing by and pull the lever on some...not much help on 16ga

Norm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The loctite is not theory , have done it also you can use other type of glues . some the older folks would put syrup in they shell used in turkey shoots . to help hold they pattern tighter to win,, This why the turkey shoot started furnishing the shells. Did it work don't know have never tried it. Don't know why I haven't. Just my 5 cents jj
    Ookay

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The loctite is expensive. What other injectable glue do you or anyone else think would be good.

Top Bottom