• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even used vehicle prices are crazy though. I blame Cash for Clunkers. That stupid idea took a lot of great vehicles to the junk yard. My first Jeep was an '81 CJ7. I bought it from my brother in '86 for $6800. He bought it new for $8600.. Lots of 8's and 6's in those figures. I had offers of up to $8000 for it up until 2004, when I sold it to my best friend for $5000. (To keep it in the family mostly)
    Bought my current Jeep Rubicon in 2005 for right at $31,000.. Freaked me out, but I was single and making a good living and it was my first new vehicle. Had plans to mod the hell out of it... Met my wife 2 months after I bought it and blew the whole wad of cash for her... The Jeep is now still stock, but paid for. The wife still costs me money!

Don't you tell her I said that Sean!

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I take the high prices vehicle prices as an indicator of the amount of inflation that has occurred in the last 10 years.
    I don't think most people realize how fast it's moving.
    I'm making a lot more than I did 10 years ago....but still can't afford to re-buy my toyota tacoma 4x4 that I bought back then.
    $40,000. And up... ....really!?
    If you have savings....give some thought to what it will be worth in a few more years. Might as well buy something with it....the depreciation might be less than the inflation!
    I keep raising my prices....but can't keep up.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That is why when you buy you buy non depreciating assets. In the case of the vehicles we need instead of want, do your due diligence and let someone else take a big hit. I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota I bought 4 years ago and can sell it for about 1000 less than I paid for it. Good luck guys!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean ,Where can you get one that cheap?

I beat the streets, ask around, know a guy, that knows a guy. Secret was i wasnt in a hurry nor desparate. That's when deals.show up.

As for GM recalls: I put 175K on a 99 Silverado, manual transmission, never even put brake pads on it. 2001, 125K. Only thing that stopped it was collapsed cat converters. Did put brakes on it. 2004 4x4, 80k, at least half pulling a double axle trailer with either an ASV RC100 (12,500 lbs) or a mini ex (14,000 lbs). Only problem was.the instrument panel recall. New (to me) truck,.also 2004 has had the panel recall done. I drive 30 miles TOTAL each week to work, that's back.and forth, including home for lunch. Throw in screwing around on the weekend and there won't be many miles accumulate on this one. I can blow a transmission here and there, maybe a motor and who knows what else for my $20-30k savings. I'm happy. Like I said I would LOVE to have a 2014 but I still have a major outdoor cooking area, new kitchen, bathrooms and God knows what else to spend bucks on so ..............

As for Steve and his fancy schmancy new truck. ............phtttttttttt.

J/K I LOVE his new ride too.

I'm being nice. I'm going to make him feel sorry for my broke ass so he'll give me a really good deal on that 63 Chevy II he has sitting in his shop. In fact I'm going to vote for Obama for a third term. That way he'll "redistribute" wealth and force Steve to give me that little Chevy including that blown motor out of the Nova.:hail:

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've bought 2 new vehicles in the past 3 years....the trick is to catch it when there's a ton of manufacturer rebates or incentives....10k+ dollar rebate plus a 1k pre paid gas card sure knocks the price down quick.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I beat the streets, ask around, know a guy, that knows a guy. Secret was i wasnt in a hurry nor desparate. That's when deals.show up.

As for GM recalls: I put 175K on a 99 Silverado, manual transmission, never even put brake pads on it. 2001, 125K. Only thing that stopped it was collapsed cat converters. Did put brakes on it. 2004 4x4, 80k, at least half pulling a double axle trailer with either an ASV RC100 (12,500 lbs) or a mini ex (14,000 lbs). Only problem was.the instrument panel recall. New (to me) truck,.also 2004 has had the panel recall done. I drive 30 miles TOTAL each week to work, that's back.and forth, including home for lunch. Throw in screwing around on the weekend and there won't be many miles accumulate on this one. I can blow a transmission here and there, maybe a motor and who knows what else for my $20-30k savings. I'm happy. Like I said I would LOVE to have a 2014 but I still have a major outdoor cooking area, new kitchen, bathrooms and God knows what else to spend bucks on so ..............

As for Steve and his fancy schmancy new truck. ............phtttttttttt.

J/K I LOVE his new ride too.

I'm being nice. I'm going to make him feel sorry for my broke ass so he'll give me a really good deal on that 63 Chevy II he has sitting in his shop. In fact I'm going to vote for Obama for a third term. That way he'll "redistribute" wealth and force Steve to give me that little Chevy including that blown motor out of the Nova.:hail:

Lol! I don't fault anyone for saving a buck. I count my blessings daily. You could have bought the blown nova for a couple hundred the other day, couldn't get headers to bolt up for ****! The '63 is my sons and mine if he ever decides to sell :)

RFord

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get your financing before you shop , and kick them where it hurts. Four years ago I purchased a 07 silverado crew 4x4 . Asking price was 21 I left paying 13 taxes and fees included . Just kick em .

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This thread has amused me so im putting this comment to subscribe!!!

P.S. Im not sure how yall penny pinchers ever buy guns an ammo with this thought process??
    A. 22 ammo MSRP $23 sells for $50 allday
    B. AR15 MSRP $600 sells for $900
    C. hell AK47's people r asking more than AR's currently.
    D. SKS worth $200 maybe>sells for $450. SAD

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    O and car salesman have families to feed also jackasses

RFord

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My job is to get a car as cheaply as possible , so if a salesman can't feed his family, he needs another job . JackassJackass

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Stanley, it's posts like that why everybody made fun of you and ostracized you for so long on this (and other) forums. I know you are young and have a lot to learn and your posts certainly show that but there is no reason for name-calling.
    You are lucky I'm not a moderator or you would have just made your last post on this forum.
    And I really don't care to help some guy make $1,000 for an hours work, family or not.
    As far as I'm concerned, put the bottom line price on the cars and quit running back and forth to the manager . Then we wouldn't need car salesmen.
    And the analogies that you made to guns make my point exactly. Stupid people pay those prices. Smart shoppers don't.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never met Stanley but I thought his post was meant to be funny/sarcastic.

As.for.car salesmen making money I say more power to them. If someone walks on the lot and isn't a savvy shopper, doesn't learn the inner workings of the car biz and can't .negotiate a deal, plus they're happy with the price and know they can take on the payment then more power to the salesman and the customer.

I wouldn't want to be a car salesman nowadays. I was told by two different guys to find the truck I want, go home and work the deal by internet.

If I hit the lottery tonight I'll go buy a 2014 Silverado Black Widow edition, go by Allsport and if my truck ain't taller than Steve's I'll pay him to make it so.:first:

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stanley, it's posts like that why everybody made fun of you and ostracized you for so long on this (and other) forums. I know you are young and have a lot to learn and your posts certainly show that but there is no reason for name-calling.
    You are lucky I'm not a moderator or you would have just made your last post on this forum.
    And I really don't care to help some guy make $1,000 for an hours work, family or not.
    As far as I'm concerned, put the bottom line price on the cars and quit running back and forth to the manager . Then we wouldn't need car salesmen.
    And the analogies that you made to guns make my point exactly. Stupid people pay those prices. Smart shoppers don't.

It was all in fun but how about this dumpster kiss my ass!
    I made the post on purpose for amusment. Bunch of friends i have on here and get the running joke. Take ur internet power and shoot it out ur ass! This whole post was a joke why u gotta get serious on me? Young or not i know when someone is a stick in the mud. And in the future if i want ur opinion ill give it to U.

EDIT: and take ur big words like "ostracized"(what ever that means) and use them on some that can read.

Last edited:

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Guess I'm stupid for buying new... My bad :)

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess I'm stupid for buying new... My bad :)

Yea I vote we bananann him for calling u stupid! Just because he wants a previously abused and farted in vehicle doesn't make u wrong. It's only money u can't take it with u!

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    th

Top Bottom