• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    My wife is wanting a new car so we went and walked around the Chevy dealership last night. Sticker shock is an understatement.
    She is currently driving a Yukon and it was not cheap but these little mini SUVs they are wanting $42K for aren't half the vehicle the Yukon is.
    Well equipped cross-overs were over $40K.
    A Camaro SS was $42K.
    I saw a truck with a 6.2, 4wd with some kind of lift package on it and the sticker was $65,300. Who in the heck is paying that ?
    I've got a pretty decent job but there's no way I'm paying any where close to what's on those stickers.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't worry, they'll finance you for 100 years to get you're monthly payment to where you can afford it. :)

We recently bought a one year old vehicle and it took me a while to find someone that was not too proud of one and I could afford it with a regular five year loan.
    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know I am old but there was a time a few years ago that you could buy a nice house for what a new car cost.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    When I was in college with about a year to go I had a really good part-time job. I was thinking of buying a new truck. I could get a new 1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe with AC, Automatic tranny and Power Steering for $4,500.
    I held off and 6 months later bought a new Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme for $7K.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, just danced the dance a few weeks ago. New '14 Silverado "work" series (NO FRILLS), single cab, over $30K. 2 year old, high milage, decent equipment still $30K. I ended up with an '04, garage kept, 35K actual miles, every option available, leather, all bells and whistles, 4 new Michellins (old tires just had age, very little wear), even a hard shell bed cover all for 1/3 the price. Its brand damn new for all intents and purposes. Got it from the original owner.

Screw new.

I mean, I do love the new Silverado but I'd spend the $20K difference on a better looking girlfriend instead of a better looking truck.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I've seen them advertise the "All Star Edition" for $26k that looks like it has anything I would need but don't know if they would actually have it when you show up.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Bought a 2010 Tundra crewmax 4wd with 14k miles and saved about $15k or so, just sayin...of course now I have an 06 z71 that's paid for so I like the no payment plan the best!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I own 3 vehicles and none of them have under 150k miles on them. I buy them 2-5 years old for a third of new cost and drive them til the wheels fall off. My current truck is a 2008 Ford F150 Crew Cab with the small V8, AC, cruise, etc I bought 3 years old for 12K (new was 33k at the time). The last new card I bought was a 1992 Ford Ranger I bought after the 1993 model can out (last 92 on the lot) for 8k NEW. I put 250k miles on that one before blowing a head gasket and donating it to charity.

I have no intentions of EVER buying a new car again. Let someone else eat the depreciation and the lemons.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    The Boss' Caddy had 18k miles on it when we bought it. Mine had 33k.
    I'm about to hit 100k, Whoo Hoo! Gonna drive it till the wheels fall off.
    Nothing like owning things outright, interest is a B!tch.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About to go through this again. We don't buy vehicles very often. The last new one we bought is the wife's current 02 Mountaineer. It just clocked 200K and is starting to get some small leaks. It will be something 2-3 years old for her this time. Just not paying $50K for a vehicle. My Ranger was two years old with 35K when I bought it and it topped 200K last week and it's still going strong and still getting 22mpg around town. We've been married 23 years next month and only bought a total of 5 cars/trucks and still have 3 of them.

Top Bottom