• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Any HVAC companies you trust? Mine is giving me issues. Appreciate any leads. I am in Pace towards Jay. Thanks GCGF

Hammerlock1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ve used Turner Hearing & Air (Jim Turner) in Chumuckla with good results, got me out of a bind with a variable speed blower. His # 995-0045 & Cell # 336-2597 .. hope you’re up & running soon.

HL1

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had Mooneyhams AC on Avalon replace my central air last month. They are fast and honest. I have also used them for repair work. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had Mooneyhams AC on Avalon replace my central air last month. They are fast and honest. I have also used them for repair work. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Can't remember for sure but I think i used them too. It was a Saturday afternoon in July. They were the only ones that picked up the phone, showed up quick, replaced a capacitor and done. Fast and friendly.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Energy Savers of Florida. Been using him for 10 years now. I normally get same day service, but then I'm only a mile away.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used All American for a residential system replacement. Lowest Quoted (by $400) price from four businesses. Final bill was a little less as air handler cost less when they ordered it. How many businesses would tell you that and pass down the savings?

Avoid Peaden, just read their BBB complaints and ratings.

There's some repairs can be DIY with youtube help if you have the symptom/problem identified. Like dirty clogged coils, clogged airfilter, float shutoff/drain clog and fan kicker and squirrel cage motor.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Can't remember for sure but I think i used them too. It was a Saturday afternoon in July. They were the only ones that picked up the phone, showed up quick, replaced a capacitor and done. Fast and friendly.

Yeah I thimk it is a cap since she is covered in ice

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Accumulation of dirt in coil fins (poor filter choice of change frequency) restricts airflow allowing condensation to sit and freeze, grow and block larger areas and ultimately engulf the area. This DIY If your comfortable killing the breaker, opening panels and careful usu of a hairdryer. Once the ice is gone use a pump weed type sprayer with flex tip to flush out coil fins. You can plain tap water but hardware stores sell a consentrated foaming cleaner that really pushes out the crud. Dont hit the fins with the Tip, wand or your meat hooks as bent fins are almost as bad as blocked fins. You need to flush AND rinse it out per the Mfr instructions. Googlefu it. If it freeze again after a recent correct cleaning, a leak test, repair and refill will be needed.

Second would be a freon leak giving condensation a start point forming ice. It grows from there.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The drain had backed up and tripped the safety. We corrected that, and cleaned the fins yesterday. Woke up today and it was frozen. Kept the fan going but turned off the cold til it defrosted. Freon test was fine...discovered the tech from yesterday had not fully reseated the front cover on the thermostat. If pins are not connected it doesn't know what to do lol. Free visit today. Thank you all for responding. Really want to meet most of our members somehow, someday!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of dirt/dust runs down the drain with the condensation. This sediment will slowly restrict the drain and the system will shutoff till water drains a little then turn on until water rises again and shuts it down, repeat, repeat. Total blockage would leave the high water level and Keep the Shutoff triggered.

I use a long length of clear 1/2 inch hose with an angled cut end to clear the drain. Use it like a reamer an also blow through it to clear what it scrapes from the drain line. After that, I usa a funnel and flush the drain with hot water. Clean up the pile of crud left at the drain exit. I do this as routine maintenance once a year.

The blocked/restricted drain should only trigger the high water shutoff switch. I don't think this causes "icing" inside the air handler/coil area but I'm not a duty HVAC expert. Glad your up and running "Cool" and hope that's the end of your AC problem.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The drain had backed up and tripped the safety. We corrected that, and cleaned the fins yesterday. Woke up today and it was frozen. Kept the fan going but turned off the cold til it defrosted. Freon test was fine...discovered the tech from yesterday had not fully reseated the front cover on the thermostat. If pins are not connected it doesn't know what to do lol. Free visit today. Thank you all for responding. Really want to meet most of our members somehow, someday!

who did you end up using?

Top Bottom