• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There are a lot on Gun broker but they are commanding a high price. Here is a picture of my S&W 686 factory bright polished 357 I picked up about 6 months ago before the prices skyrocketed. It is a 686 no dash made in 1986 and has never been fired. Still trying to decide if I want to shoot it!

Attachments

• 0vH2ZFw4jJaf.jpeg
      0vH2ZFw4jJaf.jpeg
      78.4 KB · Views: 78
    • Q2d18L1K4V0C.jpeg
      Q2d18L1K4V0C.jpeg
      83.2 KB · Views: 63
    • rzIY5D4nWC2Q.jpeg
      rzIY5D4nWC2Q.jpeg
      80.6 KB · Views: 66
    Last edited:

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Look at what the Colt pythons are doing now. Who would have ever thought that they would sell for over $5000 now! WOW!!

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here are my favorite revolvers I shoot on a regular basis. Revolvers are GREAT fun!

Attachments

• 20190614_094305.jpg
      20190614_094305.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 66
    • 20190614_094728.jpg
      20190614_094728.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 66
    • 20190614_094739.jpg
      20190614_094739.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 63
    • 20190614_094335.jpg
      20190614_094335.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 72
    • 20190614_094347.jpg
      20190614_094347.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 66

Richonsa

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    People understand that wheel guns are the last thing the gov is thinking about. There are boards I check in other places that used to be jam packed with 36s etc. nothing there now. I was a dealer for awhile and figured this would happen. The days of a 350$ chiefs special are gone. Right now there are places selling HST 38 for $5 per round.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,I offered up some 38Special to someone that seemed kind of "desperate " awhile back. NOPE (?)
    I have offered primers to someone but it was "too far to drive". Same with powder. I will remember my prices. They WILL go up.
    Sooooooo ???? --- SAWMAN

Richonsa

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I can get some of the best wadcutter ammo made and am placing the order soon. 1.50/round. I love that in my j frames.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Wish I knew. Been wanting a 686 to go with my post dementia and the slut rig...

Attachments

• 20210110_184353.jpg
      20210110_184353.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 58
    • 20210110_184419.jpg
      20210110_184419.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 60

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found a few, but I just can't bring myself to pay what they are going for right now! It's just not the time to be buying if you just want anything!

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There’s an SP101 at Oak Ridge in Gulf Breeze that isn’t too hyper inflated...if you’re into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I found a few, but I just can't bring myself to pay what they are going for right now! It's just not the time to be buying if you just want anything!
    Usually once prices go up, they rarely come down! If they do, it's not that much. I guess it's all about supply in demand. More people getting into shooting and fewer guns to choose from, especially revolvers. Then there are the people that are trying to replace or build their collections from guns they parted with in the past. That's me! I think in all of our lives we have parted with a gun then wished we still had it! I'm guilty of that as I bet most of us are!

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Usually once prices go up, they rarely come down! If they do, it's not that much. I guess it's all about supply in demand. More people getting into shooting and fewer guns to choose from, especially revolvers. Then there are the people that are trying to replace or build their collections from guns they parted with in the past. That's me! I think in all of our lives we have parted with a gun then wished we still had it! I'm guilty of that as I bet most of us are!

I have only sold one gun before and I regretted it ever since. I no longer sell. I'd rather sell anything else if I got to the point of needing money for some reason. But I just have not been a revolver type and actually just wanted to get into a few of them for nostalgia reasons. As I get older, things just tend to mean more than just the tool they are used for.

I want something in these forms to pass down too! These don't have to be heirloom type pieces. But just anything! As a young boy/man neither my grandfathers or my father were into firearms and I saw all my friends getting cool guns from family. I want that for my future kiddos and grandkids down the road.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have only sold one gun before and I regretted it ever since. I no longer sell. I'd rather sell anything else if I got to the point of needing money for some reason. But I just have not been a revolver type and actually just wanted to get into a few of them for nostalgia reasons. As I get older, things just tend to mean more than just the tool they are used for.

I want something in these forms to pass down too! These don't have to be heirloom type pieces. But just anything! As a young boy/man neither my grandfathers or my father were into firearms and I saw all my friends getting cool guns from family. I want that for my future kiddos and grandkids down the road.
    I completely understand and feel the same way. One of my first guns was a revolver and it has always had a nostalgic feeling for me. I personally feel that every gun owner / shooter should own at least one revolver! I don't know and it's hard to describe but its like owning a part of history. There is just a certain feel you get when you hold or shoot a revolver. It's a perfect way to complete a collection or just experience a different form of shooting. I remember as a kid I would run around the yard with my cap pistol (to young to own a real gun) and was so proud of it. There was nothing that I could not hit and it just made me feel so special. I still feel that way today when I pick up my favorite revolver! I only hope that someday my grandson will show an interest in guns and enjoy them. He will have a lot to experiment with and he can decide for himself what his favorite gun is. He is only 2 so it will be a while! PS. Since I've gotten older, I no longer believe in selling guns either. Made that mistake a time or two and have regretted it every since.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I only hope and pray that when our children or grand children take over our guns, that they will be able to lawfully enjoy them without them being banned or the second amendment being so choked that there is no place to shoot them. I remember as a kid walking down the road with my 22 rifle over my shoulder going out to the woods or clay pit to do some shooting. Try that today and you will have a swat team surrounding you!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reliability and simplicity of operation are the mantra of the revolver. If you had to, you could instruct and arm an average IQ person to protect themselves in a few minutes. Hopefully, everybody's inner circle is better trained and armed then that. Even a other wise reliable semi-auto pistol can be limp wristed, slide movement obstructed or safety or mag release inappropriately manipulated. Revolver: Point, shoot and repeat.

130 Years of semi-auto pistol development have passed and pistols are extremely popular but they have not eliminated the revolver. Revolvers could be skipped over but that's like skipping iron sight fundamentals and starting out with optics.

tji

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I posted this in the “gun and ammo deals” section last night, but for anyone looking for a quality 357 revolver right now this strikes me as a pretty good deal in this crazy climate (esp for the stainless version with fiber optic front site):

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Reliability and simplicity of operation are the mantra of the revolver. If you had to, you could instruct and arm an average IQ person to protect themselves in a few minutes. Hopefully, everybody's inner circle is better trained and armed then that. Even a other wise reliable semi-auto pistol can be limp wristed, slide movement obstructed or safety or mag release inappropriately manipulated. Revolver: Point, shoot and repeat.

130 Years of semi-auto pistol development have passed and pistols are extremely popular but they have not eliminated the revolver. Revolvers could be skipped over but that's like skipping iron sight fundamentals and starting out with optics.

All the above is true, and I love and respect revolvers. However you also can't discount that once a revo goes down, it's probably a much more complicated fix to get it running than a modern auto. Simple in operation, complicated in design with many small parts.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I posted this in the “gun and ammo deals” section last night, but for anyone looking for a quality 357 revolver right now this strikes me as a pretty good deal in this crazy climate (esp for the stainless version with fiber optic front site):

I'm leary about a site like that.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

tji

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah, I had never heard of them before. But they were listed on gunwatcher, and according to their website they have multiple brick and mortar storefronts in different states (and have been around since 1988), so it’s not like it’s just an internet site. Just thought I’d put it out there for someone to consider if they’re looking for a quality revolver. But your mileage may vary....

Top Bottom