• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been on the hunt for either a S&W 686 or a Ruger GP100 7 shot for a few months and can't find one anywhere! It's really bad when you can't find a decent revo anywhere!

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Gulf Coast Gun in Milton had a few GP100s on the racks. I was in there this past Monday - might be worth a shot.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been trying to put my hands on a Ruger LCR but haven't seen one in a gun store in my area yet. Jimmy's said they'd call me if they get one in, I just want to see it in person and see how it fits my hand.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Check out Styx River just off I-10 in Alabama. If you're a FL resident they ship the gun to Buck & Bass off of Pine Forrest Road. B&B charges a $35.00 transfer fee, but if you find what you want it will be worth the price. Considering what all is going on now I would not let a $35.00 transfer fee keep me from getting what I wanted.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think it has to do with everybody leery of what Biden might do with semi-autos so they are reverting to old technology that they feel will be safe from the gun grabbers.
    For a real eye-opener, look what lever actions are selling for on Gun Broker.
    And 30-30 ammo hasn’t skyrocketed just because people have decided it’s the best hunting round ever.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I've been trying to put my hands on a Ruger LCR but haven't seen one in a gun store in my area yet. Jimmy's said they'd call me if they get one in, I just want to see it in person and see how it fits my hand.

Sportsman Warehouse in Slidel had a couple 2 weeks ago.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Revolvers tend to be more expensive than polymer autos, both to purchase and manufacture. They're not as popular as revolvers since the early 80's when they got made fun of in popular movies and such as being an old man's gun. Anyone who's shot a full-sized revolver knows that they're easier to shoot and are generally more accurate than most auto-loaders when shooting them in single action. So, less production, less demand, means less of them in the hands of people who bought them on a whim. Quality revolvers are purchased because the person really wanted a revolver, not because it was a good deal and just another whim purchase like a Glock or M&P. I know that of the pistols I have, the two revolvers are the least likely to get traded for something different, meanwhile I've changed out 9mm autoloaders multiple times trying to find that one that just fits and shoots best for me. (Currently, that's a CZ75D PCR)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a 5" Ruger New Model Blackhawk chambered in 45ACP AND 45LC ( both cylinders),with OEM wood AND black plastic grips that I would let slip away for a "nominal fee ". ---- SAWMAN

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The BX at Hurlburt has several revolvers for those with base purchase privileges...I think the GP100 they have on hand is in the $850 range.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I traded my Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag but my Redhawk and GP100 aren’t going anywhere. I don’t like the slow unloading and loading single action revolvers. I grew up with a double action 22 lr and just prefer a swing out cylinder and speed loaders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been looking for a 38Spl/357Mag 4-6inch for months without seeing many prospects. Don't want collector Colts, S&Ws or DWs. Market prices are a bit higher for revolvers than past years but listed prices and/or vs Condition are obsurd in some cases: a heavily worn police trade in for $600! Some antique/obsolete handguns that have been dusted off and wishfully put up for sale. That $500 Stainless Ruger Vaquero. 357 was a great deal the other day if SAA was acceptable or desired, I was late to the party on that one.

I think the main period where folks swapped out revolvers to get into semi-auto pistols (wonder nines) is long past. I think in the current environment, if they have only one revolver and ammo to support it: they are holding on to that asset. Sale of revolver/ammo combo may be appealing to some buyers but if you already have ammo, you don't want to pay the up market price for what you don't need.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Gulf Coast Guns in Milton/Pace has several GP100's right now for around $800.00 plus tax. They are out there, just gotta pay the price.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Well - on my revolver list
    S&w nickel 357 performance center snub and 4-6”
    Chiapa Rhino 357

Just waiting a while because of priorities. Right price may change my mind.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well - on my revolver list
    S&w nickel 357 performance center snub and 4-6”
    Chiapa Rhino 357

Just waiting a while because of priorities. Right price may change my mind.
    I've always wanted to shoot the Chiapa Rhino. Best I've done is hold one at a LGS. Feels different in the hand for sure, and the look reminds me a great deal of the Mateba Unica which is another bucket-lister

Top Bottom