• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would have to say the Family of Browning challenger Pistols are my all time favorite, (The family consisting of the medalist the challenger and the nomad.) John Browning design the old colt woodsman, His grandson Bruce Browning design the challenger. It is essentially a Modern version of the woodsman. All pistols in this family share the same frame. The least expensive is just as accurate as the most expensive, The more expensive models Have Embellishments that Makes it easier for you to achieve that accuracy. Barrels are interchangeable and it only takes a minute. Some of the early nomads had aluminum frames making them very light.( bottom pistol) The pistol to the far left is a Colt woodsman
    20221227_133020.jpg

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've got the most rounds through an old Ruger mk2 with a tapered barrel. It was ridiculously accurate and easy to shoot but was a pain to clean. Had a mk3 target, 22/45 target and a mk4 22/45 target and while they were good pistols, they weren't as accurate for me as the mk2. That being said, I got my wife a sig p322 last year when they first came out and that thing is a really fun plinker and so far has been super reliable and pretty accurate. Just feels like a toy gun in the hand because it's so light

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not my favorite but probably the one I carry the most, Simply out of convenience working around the farm, Is this 1911 Browning 22. Very light weight but accurate enough to dispatch any snakes
    20221228_153549.jpg
    20221228_153413.jpg
    It is a true pocket pistol. Pictured beside a Colt government model for comparison.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Like many I find this subjective . Personally a 22 handgun is for knock-around field use ( ie truck / tacklebox gun ) or target use . I've tried many as I'm a dedicated 2700 Outdoor Conventional Pistol aka " Bullseye " guy . Knockaround a S&W revolver or a Ruger are hard to beat . Target use I prefer the 1911 grip angle vs the steeper Euro angle . I tried to love the S&W 41 , spent much time / $'s , a Lothar Walther barrel , Bomar sights really helped 50yd groups , but the trigger for me left a lot to be desired . Still have a cleaned 50yd target I shot with it on the lid of my range box . I really love the military grip High Standards Hamden mfg'd are best , East Hartford less so & avoid the Houston mfg'd & Mitchell copies . They don't have a feed ramp , so magazines are critical . Factory sights & barrels are excellent . For matches now I shoot a Marvel 22 conversion on a 1911 lower . Setup with same 3.5lb short roll trigger as my 45's .

RMS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another vote for the S&W MODEL 41, especially the 7” version. Fits my hand and eye best.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I have a Woodsman Target, a Woodsman Match Target and a Ruger Mk1 but the one that always goes to the woods and the range with me is the Ruger MKII stainless 5.5” bull barrel. It just suits me.

Top Bottom