DK Firearms

What is the strangest trade offer you've received?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fleetc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to manage an apartment complex for my boss. Had a call from a prospective renter so I set a time to meet her. Showed up and she was smoking hot, turned out she was a Philipino stripper with poor English skills. She kept thinking I was the actual owner of the property. At the end of the tour she asked for a "discount" with trade for certain "services". I had a fleeting thought of "OK, take it once, then blame the language barrier when the rent was due". Boss thought it was funny. OK, he didnt but .........

Why can't this ever happen to me....

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive been offered the razor, video game and a camcorder. Nothing here beats the goat and the chicken. I might have taken that goat, and give my Australian Cattle Dog a friend.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive been offered the razor, video game and a camcorder. Nothing here beats the goat and the chicken. I might have taken that goat, and give my Australian Cattle Dog a friend.

It was the Highpoint that turned me off not the goat. LOL

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I sold my old 22 pistol last year and was offered two chinchillas I live in the woods and shoot tree rats for fun

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've been listing a few guns here lately and yesterday I received a pretty strange trade offer for 2 of my guns...

View attachment 24913

I didn't ask too many questions... maybe I should have, but the last thing I need is a 90's model plymouth in my driveway instead of a couple of guns in my safe.

Anyone else get anything strange?
    Should have told him to look up dodge in the dictionary (to stay away from :avoid:) pass

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey a PI might take that sweet Plymouth in on trade. Looks like the perfect incognito surveillance vehicle for certain parts of town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not really a trade but still funny, I ask for my own truble sometimes, in my business I advertise " I want to dig around through your junk." in so many words , hoping to find an old barn or shed full of treasures, I always get the beanie baby , norman rockwell collector plates, and porcelain doll calls, even though I specify I do not buy them. However one day I get a call , a guy has a bunch of good ,old stuff he wants to get rid of, so I get the address and venture over off a side street , down another, each turn feeling a little less joyous about the whole trip. Well I get there in the back of a rough looking hood, and the ole boy comes out and says "back here" so I glance around and start following him behind the house thinking a garage or shed would be there, but see none, he keeps walking into a field, and again I look around thinking WTF? ambush came to mind, but it's an open field, he pushes on towards the edge of the woods where I see an old junker car, so I reach back and adjust my carry, thinking this is where it goes downhill. I said I don't buy old cars for scrap, I'm not your guy. The joker opens the back door and says "do you like this stuff?' the back seat was full of old beat up dirty pots and pans (no not cast iron) and an old toaster and fruit jars. says I'll take $100.00 for all of it." I'm still looking around for his buddys to pop out of ,woods or him to come out with "Now give me your money punk!" I politely declined , he looked at me like I lost my mind, and I cussed all the way back home, glad to be alive, about a 20 mile wasted trip. I guess sometimes "One mans junk is just one mans junk!"

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a friend offer me an old junky flea market sword for any one of my firearms. I had only five at the time. Colt M4, Mossberg 500 12 gauge, Glock 17, Walther P22 and a Ruger 10/22.

Dude is a friend but he remembers me the way I was in high school. A quiet, unpopular kid who happened to hang out with the cool kids, just went with the flow and avoided conflict. Guess he thought I'd take that ridiculous offer. Having worked in the criminally insane mental health field and then having done my time in Army intel collection and done my stints in Korea, Germany and Afghanistan, he didn't know that I'm not who I used to be. Not even close.

What a ridiculous offer that was. He persisted for a whole day, never changing his terms. I wasn't even looking to deal out my guns to begin with! The sword was worth about $40 maximum, assuming I was able to tighten it up where the blade met the hilt.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a friend offer me an old junky flea market sword for any one of my firearms. I had only five at the time. Colt M4, Mossberg 500 12 gauge, Glock 17, Walther P22 and a Ruger 10/22.

Dude is a friend but he remembers me the way I was in high school. A quiet, unpopular kid who happened to hang out with the cool kids, just went with the flow and avoided conflict. Guess he thought I'd take that ridiculous offer. Having worked in the criminally insane mental health field and then having done my time in Army intel collection and done my stints in Korea, Germany and Afghanistan, he didn't know that I'm not who I used to be. Not even close.

What a ridiculous offer that was. He persisted for a whole day, never changing his terms. I wasn't even looking to deal out my guns to begin with! The sword was worth about $40 maximum, assuming I was able to tighten it up where the blade met the hilt.

Time to scratch him off your friend list, but he can still be an acquaintance.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He's an idiot, honestly. Probably dumb enough to think he was doing me a favor. I wouldn't have taken that deal at any point in my life.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was in the pawn shop biz on the MS coast, I had so many offers by skanks for their "charms" it wasn't funny. Sometimes they needed cash sometimes it was offered for jewelry. The one that took the cake was a plump chick that thought I'd be enticed by the sight of her stretch marked boobs. (sorry for the visual guys) They'd have never fielded the offer had the seen the goddess to whom I'm still married.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, when I was in the paint and body business I had a few offers of skin for repairs. Usually it was a skank or porker. Did have one hot girl try. I didn't give in but as soon as the work was done and paid for I went in for the kill. Worked and didn't cost me money.

Top Bottom