Patriot Mobile

What is the strangest trade offer you've received?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing strange but when ever I post something on armslist and specify that only trades I will consider is a 1911 then people start offering a piece of crap 22 rifle or some other junk guns. They also low ball they heck out of you, I guess they are hoping to find an idiot.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmmmm... Dunno who would ever try to trade piece of crap 22 rifles........

*scratches head. Lol

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sex, drugs and rock & roll.

Seriously! I have been offered "services" for phones I listed on craigslist. I had a guy offer $500 worth of weed for a M&P40 I listed for $400. I was offered a collection of autographed vinyl records for a Taurus 24/7 9mm.

I did have a guy offer me 2 good laying hens to make up the $30 he was short for a shotgun I listed.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a guy offer me $1400 for my first AR I built. I had just finished telling him how much it cost for me to build it ($508) so the offer seemed alittle off. So I told him if he would buy a lower I would help him assemble it, then he tells me "Im a felon, I cant buy a gun." Had to tell him I cant sell him one either.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At least this guy believes in himself, I didn't have the heart punk him. These offers were for a taurus 9 and a c93.

Seriously, a ps2 when there's a ps4 out?

I also had a guy on armslist offer me 75 bucks and an ounce of weed for a sks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-24-07-32-30.jpg
      Screenshot_2014-10-24-07-32-30.jpg
      119.1 KB · Views: 221

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess this guy doesn't know how to take no for an answer... showed up to impress me with its performance (were those blood stains in the back seat?)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Nj3fV4NVj_M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

At least my goat guy didn't bring it by to showcase it. :doh:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to manage an apartment complex for my boss. Had a call from a prospective renter so I set a time to meet her. Showed up and she was smoking hot, turned out she was a Philipino stripper with poor English skills. She kept thinking I was the actual owner of the property. At the end of the tour she asked for a "discount" with trade for certain "services". I had a fleeting thought of "OK, take it once, then blame the language barrier when the rent was due". Boss thought it was funny. OK, he didnt but .........

Austin01WS6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is why I don't offer trades on other sites. The best I have is a guy asked if I needed some tattoos or tattoo equipment.

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing to interesting except the normal low balls and cheap guns that are worth 3 times as much as retail according to the owners. I have also had people give me a hard time for turning their offer down telling me "I'm glad you denied my offer, thinking about it I would be a fool to take that offer i just presented you but I would honor it because I'm an honorable man" type crap. Even though it would heavily favor the other party. A simple "no problem thanks for your time" works well also...

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess this guy doesn't know how to take no for an answer... showed up to impress me with its performance (were those blood stains in the back seat?)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Nj3fV4NVj_M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't speak his language... What was he saying you better do???

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to have a baeutiful '81 CJ-7. Guys routinely offered me $5000-$8000 on it all the time back in the early to mid nineties. Two guys (in a white van) pulled up next to me at a red light and offered me two six foot tall stereo speakers for it. Uh, no.. I'm not that big of an audiophile.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you told them yes they would have went and stole them and brought them to you.

Top Bottom