• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Amongst other gun stuff, I've been working with the whole AIWB thing. I picked the G-code holster during one of their sales and the fit/finish is great but the overall feel and comfort leaves a little to be desired. It is kinda cool that carrying the full size 9 is just as comfortable as carrying my 9c.
    898143362dda58b8fa97d4c23f516ac5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure I met the owner in Academy up here in Jacksonville the other day. Didn't know who he was until he drove off. License plate said "G-CODE"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Pretty sure I met the owner in Academy up here in Jacksonville the other day. Didn't know who he was until he drove off. License plate said "G-CODE"

I wanna say they're based out of the Carolinas but it may have been. They are pretty popular holsters and have a wide variety of product, but it was a 9 week turn-around on this one.

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wanna say they're based out of the Carolinas but it may have been. They are pretty popular holsters and have a wide variety of product, but it was a 9 week turn-around on this one.

Yeah Jacksonville Nc (Camp Lejeune). Them and High Speed Gear are 10 minutes or so from our house

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK, I am in the process of listing ALL my guns, related items and ammo, putting prices on all of it and trying to think of someone to monitor and sell it all. Now don't get too excited, this is all for estate planning and so my wife does not end up with a mess upon my passing. I have already written my obit for her, listed certain things to go to some people and try to have all the paperwork together. But what a mess getting all these lists together and doing the pre planning for her. I hope when I am going to go I have 6 mos to help do it all myself but you just never know....I hope all of you will take the burden off your loved ones and do your pre planning too.

I did not know I had so much parts and pieces and just stuff!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sounds like fun Frank, I know one day in the not to distant future I should do that myself. I have 2 boys I have to split up all my gun and hunting items with, fun, fun!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Frank you could just post em all in the Good Karma Giveaway thread...less paper work

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Will states my adult kids, nieces and nephews are to pick a firearm in rotation (by age) until they are gone, then split ammo to match selection. There is one caveat: that the firearms will always remain in the possesion of biologically related family members and passed on with the same restriction. If a firearm recipient becomes a frearms restricted person, no longer wants to retain possesion or posession is restricted by local laws: the firearm will be temporarily transfered to another biological family member until such time as it can be lawfully returned to that person or their descendents.

Hopefully family peer pressure will support the execution of my wishes in the future. My wife has her own gear, doesn't need mine and is well provided for.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My Will states my adult kids, nieces and nephews are to pick a firearm in rotation (by age) until they are gone, then split ammo to match selection. There is one caveat: that the firearms will always remain in the possesion of biologically related family members and passed on with the same restriction. If a firearm recipient becomes a frearms restricted person, no longer wants to retain possesion or posession is restricted by local laws: the firearm will be temporarily transfered to another biological family member until such time as it can be lawfully returned to that person or their descendents.

Hopefully family peer pressure will support the execution of my wishes in the future. My wife has her own gear, doesn't need mine and is well provided for.

sound thinking...my wish also, for guns to remain in the family or picked heirs...never to be sold again.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Sounds like fun Frank, I know one day in the not to distant future I should do that myself. I have 2 boys I have to split up all my gun and hunting items with, fun, fun!

DON'T WAIT! My son is only 3 1/2 and I went ahead and got a lawyer and had everything written up as to how he will get my firearms and at what age etc. etc. I've seen how it goes with no will in MY OWN family. No matter how civil and level headed you THINK your family members are or will be....it doesnt go according to plan!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah I understand when you have kids or family you are set. But my son has passed long ago and so has the rest of the family, just trying to help the wife out and make sure she gets the cash not knowing anything about guns. My best bet I think because there are a # of guns is I should have an FFL that I trust do it like Nate, pay a commission to him and the wife does not have strangers trying to take advantage or coming into the home to look at the weapons.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yesterday I dry fired, then took my new gun apart to double undercut the trigger guard this evening. I'm going to hit up the range probably a couple times this coming long weekend and put 500-1000 rounds through it to make sure it's running smoothly.

Today I won a t-shirt in an Instagram contest put on by Dillon Precision.

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Went to Ubers to pick up some primers. I was very surprised at there inventory. Lots of powder and primers. I picked up some CFE BLK, anybody used this yet?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I did a lot of gun stuff over the long weekend.

I double undercut the trigger guard on my new open gun, put about 400 rounds through it, tried to shoot up all of the 40 minor ammo that is too short to feed in my Edge, shot more strong and weak hand only than I have in the rest of my life combined, and chrono'd my new gun side by side with my old one.

I also had an AD caused by hammer follow on my Edge. My trigger finger was indexed on frame at the time of the incident, but my thumb slipped when I tried to manually cock the hammer. I got home and added a little bend to the left leg of the sear spring and it seems to be functioning correctly now. That's my first true AD/ND (I've touched off a couple rounds a little early, but I was in the process of aiming at a target when those happened) and it scared the crap out of me. I was almost done shooting anyway, so I just quit and headed home immediately.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to Ubers to pick up some primers. I was very surprised at there inventory. Lots of powder and primers. I picked up some CFE BLK, anybody used this yet?

I'm working up loads with CFEBLK for subsonic in my 300BO with 230 grain cast. 9.5 grains is producing about 1000fps with good accuracy at 100 yds. Very fine grained powder reminds me a lot of Accurate No.5.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Going to take a trip to North Dakota in the fall for some duck and pheasant hunting. Having never hunted either spent some time at the deer lease busting clays came back and cleaned both my over and under and semi shotguns and a couple of pistols that have been waiting cleaning as well.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Switched my extra Robinson Arms XCR-L upper to 7.62x39, but forgot to install the 7.62x39 ejection buffer. Had a few failures to eject. Put the right buffer in when I got home.

Installed the Millet red dot sight I'd removed when I sold my Ruger Mk III onto my S&W 22 Victory and got it sighted in.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Won't be shooting for a while so I took apart the T53 stock, wrapped in in paper towels and a black garbage bag and stuck it in the sun to start purging the cosmoline out of the wood. Once done I will start the restoration project.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Disassembled one of my 10.5 5.56 uppers and assembled a 300 blackout upper. Got Ballistic Advantage 8.5" barrel and couple accessories from Nate and traded for the free float Midwest Ind quad rail from Ted Hurst. Just need to get scope mounts and some ammo.

Top Bottom