• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Retested a PSA 10.5" 1 in 7 twist nitrided 5.56 bbl that gave erratic functioning and accuracy results previously when in a Black Sheep Tactical upper. I installed the bbl in a Bear Creek side charger upper yesterday. Night and day difference. No more malfunctions. Previously poor accuracy loads now shoot fine. Happy!

When the bcd and charging handle is in place in the Black Sheep upper, something is causing them to bind. Multiple bcg's and charging handles and 2 different bbls have been tried. Hmmm could this be why they had a sale and then closed their receiver making business?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here is the video from the Shoot Off at the Jabs match this past weekend. I'll post the rest of the videos and comment on them in my Training Thread in the next couple days.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So my KIDD trigger arrived today... only problem is USPS did not knock on my door to acquire a signature (cameras) and simply left a notice in the community mail box a few houses down... tomorrow morning at GB USPS is going to be interesting. Stand by with bail money...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I tried in vain to find a specification for the rear sight allen screw on my PT1911 that abandoned ship. Took the slide to big and small hardware stores to fit one with no luck. Called Taurus CS, got a person after 10 minutes. She said the screw is "proprietary" and could not give the size specs! Top secret stuff! She checked stock and the screws are on back order (lost screws must be common problem). Taurus will send me two "whenever" they show up, no charge. Since this could be a long wait, I'm going to take the slide to Fastenal and see if I can find one there.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sorted out some brass and then took the thumb safety off my 2.0 and inserted the plugs from S&W. Pretty easy process, I like it better sans-safety...
    05b9ad7ccc4d97ae8a4bffc212ab8667.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I tried in vain to find a specification for the rear sight allen screw on my PT1911 that abandoned ship. Took the slide to big and small hardware stores to fit one with no luck. Called Taurus CS, got a person after 10 minutes. She said the screw is "proprietary" and could not give the size specs! Top secret stuff! She checked stock and the screws are on back order (lost screws must be common problem). Taurus will send me two "whenever" they show up, no charge. Since this could be a long wait, I'm going to take the slide to Fastenal and see if I can find one there.

pretty sure that dude from dallas that lives in nj has one laying around, email him....

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't care about that. I want to hear about what happened with USPS.
    Showed up at 8am, when they opened, even though the pick up notice said not available until 9. (Rebel, I know) talked to a supervisor and aired my frustration. He didn't give a shit it seemed... I'll pay extra to have UPS ship my stuff from now on. Lol

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This trigger is the tits.
    7cc1b12c3c1bf16e2d421ec687710d08.jpg

Don't know if you've shot it yet but I LOVE my Kidd stuff. The trigger is awesome and the other little parts just complete the package. I'll be shocked if you don't love it. I need to get a mag release lever myself.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oh that's purty!

Did you list the 38SC gun for sale yet?

This one has both 9mm and 38SC barrels and will be going up for sale as soon as I get back from vacation. If it doesn't sell before then. I've got a couple friends that are interested in it.

edvl4MN.jpg

Last edited:

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    man that's pretty. good luck with the sale.

Hopefully one day I'll have one... or maybe I'll just stick with production or single stack or ...

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Picked up a SIG MCX 5.56 pistol at an attractive price (now I gotta figure out what to sell). 1st 11 shots failed to hold the bolt back on an empty mag, no matter what the gas setting. Starting at shot 12, no further problems in that regard when gas set to "normal" when using "standard" or "full power" ammo. When using my light frangible loads, I had to put the gas on + or "extra gas" to function the bolt hold open. That was yesterday. Took a Geissele SSA trigger out of a partially built AR lower and installed it in the MCX. Prior to that, pulling the trigger would have me sometimes thinking I had it on safe. Now, in Sawman's speak, "the trigger is Mo better".

Today was initiate the shooting table I built and gave to Kendive. I took a 2 wheel dolly, stood the table on edge, put the dolly under it and was able to easily move the table (and when done put it back into the shed). I didn't put it on the cement blocks, but just set it on the ground this time in the grass. Although not sturdy like a concrete table, it is much, much, much, much more sturdy than a lightweight plastic folding table or card table (of course the lightweight tables have their use/place, but for accuracy testing you need it sturdy). It is a joy to shoot from. You can concentrate on shooting and not have to try to hold the table steady or worry about it collapsing. The front half is 36" wide; plenty wide to set a fan on it on one side of the rifle and a brass catcher on the other side of the rifle. The height was perfect.

Today was testing for accuracy and sighting in the MCX pistol (thus the use of a sturdy shooting table). Not sure what optic will find a home on the MCX at this time, so I put a 300 Blackout 3x ACOG on it that I'm saving for an upcoming Blackout SBR upper. Suspect a 1x prism red dot sight will ultimately live on it, as it's a close range firearm for me. As hoped, my frangible loads were very accurate, as-in 3/8" at 35yd, so that's what it's sighted in with for shooting steel at close range. 55gr fmj Hornady bullets and 65gr Sierra Game King bullets shot nice for me at 7/8" at 35yd (with more scope magnification, I think I could do better, but for me the MCX pistol is a plinking range distance gun). As I shot the MCX more, the frangible load started activating the bolt hold open on the last shot when set to the normal position. It is now failing to hold the bolt open about 1 in 10 times with gas set to normal, and I suspect with more shooting it will work 100%. Of course I could put the gas on extra, but the normal setting produces a softer recoil and empties not flying very far.

Pulled, with some pretty deep pull marks, USGI 55gr M193 and 62gr M855 fmj bullets gave 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" respectively at 35yd and hit about 1" higher than the 50gr frangible bullets. Typical pulled bullet group will have 3 close together and 2 out. I'm not surprised at that performance, although some guns will shoot the pulls with more accuracy. Both shot good enough for plinking cans. Since they hit higher than the frangibles, I will simply hold at the bottom of the can at the plinking range. Oh, my club's plinking range is 34-35 yards in distance, thus testing and sighting in for 35yd.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nope. 55 yards as that is where my night gun is sighted in for. In your case, you use 50 yards I believe.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey, "thumb rule" is . . . . . on @ 50,on @ 150. WITH - - -> no more than 1.5 high or low. If concerned,zero for 1/2 inch LOW @ 50. Then . . . out to 200+. EXCEPT with one of them pop gun BO's.
    This is why I never (EVER) miss. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I MIGHT have a video in which you miss a hog. $50 cash and I'll make sure I do not have that video...balls in your court.

Latest posts

Top Bottom