• Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    BA 223W.jpg

Ballistic Advantage upper came in- got a muzzle break installed on it. Just waiting on some time to get it to the range. :)

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    You sir,are gonna love that upper. Congratz on the acquisition. --- SAWMAN
    I just have to mount a scope. The one you helped me with on the 6.5 works perfectly for as far as I have been able to shoot it, but you were right, all I want to do now is save up for a nicer one. lol

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Brought home about a dozen ammo cans full of lead ingots (soft lead, wheel weights, linotype, #2 alloy, mystery lead) from a deceased friend's reloading room. There is more lead to be picked up and brought home. Brought home some powder I can use, a Lyman bullet sizer, and boxes of gas checks . Gonna start weighing and sorting all tomorrow so I can pay his widow the prices my friend had agreed to sell it to me a few days before he died. I promised him I'd help his wife sell things. Depending upon whether his son wants to get into reloading (did not want to do bullet casting per Mom), I might be listing primers, bullets, powder, etc, and equipment for sale on the forum with all proceeds going to the widow. I should know in a few days. Today was my first trip to discuss a selling plan with his widow.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is gouging still a thing ? Academy has 9 mm in stock pretty much constantly, it’s about the same price as the resellers we’re charging, but they do have it.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Helping a widow with her husband's casting equipment and supplies. A friend met me at the range today with his lead tester to test sample ingots. Much tested like #2 alloy in hardness (I knew it wasn't soft), and since #2 is my most used alloy, that is great...no mixing needed. Many ingots marked with a "B", followed by slightly less marked "II". Guess "II" could equate to #2, but no idea of the "B". "X" marked were softer, but not dead soft and not a lot of them. Did find out that some of the ingots came years ago from another person who'd gotten out of bullet casting, so some of the marks came from him (inside those cans were notes saying "lead from xxxxx" (the guy's name)) so maybe my friend didn't know their composition either. I'd bought casting metal from my friend, and we'd agreed on pricing a few days before he died. Widow said that's too much $; nope, that's what we'd agreed on, and I'd made a promise to help his wife. Brought home 475 pounds this trip. There is more.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a rossi matched pair pistol. I had left the scoped .22 barrel on since last squirrel season. The baby cottonmouths have been showing up, and i have been missing them with the first shot sometimes with my full choke topper jr. So the .410 barrel went back on the pistol this afternoon.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Brought more lead home from the widow. Brought home a cabinet full of molds, top punches, and bullet sizing dies. Will sort them and put them on the forum for sale next week along with a RCBS casting furnace.

Inventoried primers after setting several bricks aside for her son’s future reloading. Found 33,000 to be sold once I’m given the go ahead. Knew there should be more powder and found it. Set aside 3 jugs for her son’s 223 & 308 reloading.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Looked online for piston uppers and ordered a P1 from Adams Arms that after the 10% discount for a new customer was cheaper than the Wolf T9 from Atlantic
    Tackleberry recommended a different one that I’m going to have to save up for. I thought with the current idiots in control and their anti 2 amendment stance I had better go for it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Heading to the Range after church!
    Well, now I know I need a better optic.
    PERST4 worked great though, and I really wish Id have gotten the 10.5 or even 14 inch upper. This was my first Pistol upper and I got it right out of college (Super Cheep - no dust cover or forward assist) so I cant really complain.

Beautiful day to be outside. :)

IMG_6372.JPG

IMG_6365.JPG

Top Bottom